“WHAT YOU SEE IS NOT WHAT YOU GET!” 1 of 5 stars

Best Miami Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5959 SW 71st St, South Miami, FL 33143   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Miami
miami
“WHAT YOU SEE IS NOT WHAT YOU GET!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I dont know if I came at the wrong time but this hotel sucks! I am writing right now in the lobby of thee hotel because there is no wi-fi in the rooms! I have to come down to use my laptop with like 15 other guests here! sooooooo uncomfortable! Luckily I got a chance to use the swimming pool yesterday because it is currently now broken! There are no Ice machines yet they have ice buckets in the room. Oh not to mention they dont have change for the soda machine at all not even for a five dollar bill! I think they should take down the pics of the restaurant /bar at the poolside because its been closed! I had no running water for about 2 hours because of maintenance! very inconvenient! oh and thats around noon! They charge a fee of $8.67 a night for parking garage that you have to wait hoping someone see the monitor to let you in! oh and they charge you $2.00 night for a safe you dont even use! This hotel is a joke! The only "okay" thing about it is that my room was not dirty. It was pretty decent. I DO NOT RECOMMEND!

Room Tip: room 218 was okay
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed here last spring break before my cruise with my family. The hotel was DISGUSTING. Staff was rude. We had to wait over two hours for them to find our room because apparently it had been given away. There was an extra $2 fee for the safe in the room & our shuddle didn't pick us up from the airport & was late the next morning taking us to the boat. There was mold all over the bathroom, floors, ceilings, walls. Outside the window, panneling was falling off. The breakfast was a joke. I would NOT reccommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
My Head
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed here just before a cruise from the Port of Miami. Upon arrival the front desk girl was more interested in flirting with some guy behind the counter in Spanish than helping us. I stood there for about 5 minutes before I was acknowledged. Once I paid a mandatory $2.00 fee for the room safe and an additional $50 security deposit on top of a credit card imprint we were directed to our room. We asked about food as it was late and our kids were hungry. The guy behind the counter just mumbled "Pizza." and dropped to flyers in front of us. He then said something in Spanish to the girl, they laughed. We just left to our room.

It was cool in Miami when we arrived. Our room was freezing. The room was horrible. I've stayed in better dives in Mexico. The door bolt lock wasn't just broken but missing. The fridge was rusty and unclean. Room was tiny. The air conditioner was running and I turned the heat on to try and make it comfortable but it was broken. We had to sleep fully clothed under blankets. My wife slept with her scarf on. We are from Canada and we know cold. This was cold. We we too tired to do anything and simply passed out from a full day of travel and considering the help at the front desk I knew it would be futile to complain.

The free breakfast consisted of some no name cereals, cellophane wrapped store mini muffins a day some orange juice. We asked for milk for the cereal from the attendant but she was talking with someone on her phone and couldn't e bothered to help much. She said something to us, again in spa is which we clearly didn't speak and pointed to the end of the counter. We saw a milk jug behind the counter and assumed she meant it so we grabbed it. She yelled at us in Spanish again as apparently we were supposed to grab the unmarked jugs by the coffee which looked like cream.

One reason for staying here was the free shuttle service from the airport and to the cruise terminal. Forget the airport. After 3 calls someone finally answered and I could barely understand them but I got that they weren't about to pick me up. We did get a shuttle to the cruise terminal in the morning. It's good I booked us the night prior as those that didn't had to wait or cab it.

It was close to a pharmacy and other shopping. Walking distance.

Only stay here if every other room in Miami is booked. Even then, try a hostel.

Room Tip: Don't stay
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bloomington, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Half of the time keys to my door did not work. Cold, no heat. Even the staff were complaining of the cold. Owned By Brazilians who think Miami is always warm. Asked kid at desk best way to get downtown. He said to take a cab. Asked older man and he said for $2 I could take the metro 2 blocks away. The 'kid" night clerk did not seem to give much of a care. "Breakfast" was perhaps on par with a Motel 6 at best. Internet only worked if you carried your laptop down to lobby. Overpriced. The shower was hot however. Whoever runs this hotel should go out of business. They are not providing a good product or service.

Room Tip: Only come here if you are desperate.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Naples, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My iphone was stolen from the hotel room. I left for breakfast and came back and it was gone. Hotel staff were not apologetic and cooperative. They said it's never happened before but I've read countless reviews that things have been stolen here. Don't stay here! Plus room smelled bad and musty. Breakfast wasn't even substantial.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Winchester, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I can only say AMEN to the other one star reviews. Took us more than an hour to check in and there were several non-specified add-on charges that could not be declined, terrible service, surly manager, smelly room and poor breakfast. DON'T DO IT!

Room Tip: Every room we could see looked awful
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This place is terrible. The service was horrible! Miscellaneous charges were unexpected and not necessary. Room smelled so bad that nose was burning the entire stay. The TV was a dinosaur and was plugged into to outlet that lost power when you turned off the light switch. Breakfast was ridiculous and scarce. PLEASE DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT STAYING AT THIS HOMELESS SHELTER, oops I meant hotel, the homeless shelter may have been a better choice.

• Stayed February 2013
Miami Dadeland Hotel
Miami Dadeland Hotel
#7 of 7 in Kendall
3.5 of 5 stars 11 reviews

Been to Best Miami Hotel? Share your experiences!