“Says it's the Best but it's clearly at the other end of the spectrum” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Best Miami Hotel

Save Saved
You added Best Miami Hotel to your Saves list
Best Miami Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5959 SW 71st St, South Miami, FL 33143-3599   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in South Miami
My Head
“Says it's the Best but it's clearly at the other end of the spectrum”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed here just before a cruise from the Port of Miami. Upon arrival the front desk girl was more interested in flirting with some guy behind the counter in Spanish than helping us. I stood there for about 5 minutes before I was acknowledged. Once I paid a mandatory $2.00 fee for the room safe and an additional $50 security deposit on top of a credit card imprint we were directed to our room. We asked about food as it was late and our kids were hungry. The guy behind the counter just mumbled "Pizza." and dropped to flyers in front of us. He then said something in Spanish to the girl, they laughed. We just left to our room.

It was cool in Miami when we arrived. Our room was freezing. The room was horrible. I've stayed in better dives in Mexico. The door bolt lock wasn't just broken but missing. The fridge was rusty and unclean. Room was tiny. The air conditioner was running and I turned the heat on to try and make it comfortable but it was broken. We had to sleep fully clothed under blankets. My wife slept with her scarf on. We are from Canada and we know cold. This was cold. We we too tired to do anything and simply passed out from a full day of travel and considering the help at the front desk I knew it would be futile to complain.

The free breakfast consisted of some no name cereals, cellophane wrapped store mini muffins a day some orange juice. We asked for milk for the cereal from the attendant but she was talking with someone on her phone and couldn't e bothered to help much. She said something to us, again in spa is which we clearly didn't speak and pointed to the end of the counter. We saw a milk jug behind the counter and assumed she meant it so we grabbed it. She yelled at us in Spanish again as apparently we were supposed to grab the unmarked jugs by the coffee which looked like cream.

One reason for staying here was the free shuttle service from the airport and to the cruise terminal. Forget the airport. After 3 calls someone finally answered and I could barely understand them but I got that they weren't about to pick me up. We did get a shuttle to the cruise terminal in the morning. It's good I booked us the night prior as those that didn't had to wait or cab it.

It was close to a pharmacy and other shopping. Walking distance.

Only stay here if every other room in Miami is booked. Even then, try a hostel.

Room Tip: Don't stay
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

361 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bloomington, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Half of the time keys to my door did not work. Cold, no heat. Even the staff were complaining of the cold. Owned By Brazilians who think Miami is always warm. Asked kid at desk best way to get downtown. He said to take a cab. Asked older man and he said for $2 I could take the metro 2 blocks away. The 'kid" night clerk did not seem to give much of a care. "Breakfast" was perhaps on par with a Motel 6 at best. Internet only worked if you carried your laptop down to lobby. Overpriced. The shower was hot however. Whoever runs this hotel should go out of business. They are not providing a good product or service.

Room Tip: Only come here if you are desperate.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these South Miami hotels

Naples, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My iphone was stolen from the hotel room. I left for breakfast and came back and it was gone. Hotel staff were not apologetic and cooperative. They said it's never happened before but I've read countless reviews that things have been stolen here. Don't stay here! Plus room smelled bad and musty. Breakfast wasn't even substantial.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Winchester, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I can only say AMEN to the other one star reviews. Took us more than an hour to check in and there were several non-specified add-on charges that could not be declined, terrible service, surly manager, smelly room and poor breakfast. DON'T DO IT!

Room Tip: Every room we could see looked awful
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

This place is terrible. The service was horrible! Miscellaneous charges were unexpected and not necessary. Room smelled so bad that nose was burning the entire stay. The TV was a dinosaur and was plugged into to outlet that lost power when you turned off the light switch. Breakfast was ridiculous and scarce. PLEASE DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT STAYING AT THIS HOMELESS SHELTER, oops I meant hotel, the homeless shelter may have been a better choice.

• Stayed February 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel should rent by the hour and give out complimentary antibiotics to whoever is brave enough to stay here....the rooms stink to high heaven and everything is dirty..rusty or broken and my wife swears she saw a roach with a tattoo. . One would be better off sleeping on the beach.. Do not be fooled by the pictures on thier website .. they must be from the hotel was first constructed and still I think photoshop was involed. Well in a nutshell DONT RENT HERE.

• Stayed February 2013
Fenton, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Don't even think about staying here. Bed was Horrible, mattress should have been thrown away. they didn't clean my room the first day. then they didn't have towels when asked for them. When I first walked into the room it felt like 50 degrees, went to turn on heat.. HA LOL They didn't have heat. yes, NO Heat.. Guy at the front desk told me "next time stay at another hotel" Breakfast was a joke, don't bother.. The floors were a fake wood, cold. I can go on, Just Find something different. U were Warned..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Best Miami Hotel? Share your experiences!