“The Best is the WORST” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Miami
Los Angeles, California
“The Best is the WORST”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This has to be the Worst Hotel to ever call itself best!!. Not only is it dirty, moldy and unkept, but the management and front desk staff are down right rude.

Mean spirited people like the people at Best Miami Hotel should not work with the public as they are illy suited.

To make matters worse, the electricity on the top floor kept going off, which made it impossible to call for an elevator. The hallways were pitch black each of the 4 days I stayed there and I would have to walk down a flight of stairs to catch an elevator, only to have to take the elevator back to my floor to pick up my family.

Management could care less. Like I said, The Best is the WORST!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Arcadia, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Under no circumstances should you stay in this hotel.
They take money off your card without consent and do not refund.
The shuttle is non existant .
The breakfast is bad to say the least.
Mold on the shower curtains , mold on the vents , you could smell the mold.
VERY rude manager and staff not much better .
We have to file a claim with the bank to have money refunded .
We will put up with most things if you can save money , but believe me the positive reviews on tis place where NOT written by guests

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these South Miami hotels

Clermont, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

do your self a favor and don't stay there , horrible service they charge for parking ! over priced , i also got charger 25 dollars and when i tried to call the costumer service guess what its not available

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Lenoir City, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Where to start... This was probably a grand hotel when built 60 years ago with the marble floors and iron railings etc... BUT NOT ANYMORE! The carpet should be ripped up and the concret floors would look better in the hallways, the pool hadn't been cleaned in weeks, the entire courtyard was very dirty. Someone needs to invest in a pressure washer. The parking garage ($8.00) a night had more lights out than it had on. Outside door to hallway would not shut from garage area. The floors (hardwood) had not been cleaned since put down. I took a wet towel and wiped the floor and honest, it was BLACK when I stopped. We had to work on the sink. when you turned on the water it shot out the side and went all over the floor. Shower had no pressure. Had old TV's and had to call front desk twice and finally gave up and went to lobby and ask manager. He sent one up with maid. There was mold in our ice bucket, mold on the window curtains. No way to close the curtains. Only has a sheer. Mattress came from Good Will 20 years ago. Free breakfast is a bowl of cerel or a muffin. That's it. Nothing hot! Get the point. This is coming from a couple guys who were there for the NASCAR race and we have stayed in some bad (cheap) places but this was the worst ever!
POSITIVE COMMENTS: Night staff very friendly. Gentlemens Club across the street.

Room Tip: Go to east side 3rd floor. This is the only floor that has a working ice machine. Just go somewhere...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Under no circumstances should you stay in this hotel. I'm a thrifty person, willing to make a few sacrifices, and understand you get what you pay for. NOTE: NOT WORTH IT!!!! I wouldn't stay here if it was FREE. The bed broke, you feel like sleeping on a sofa pullout mattress, the room smelled out mold, I had to wear my flip flops to shower, and to top it off, the staff has the WORST, unfriendly service EVER. I am a very tolerant person and was truly disappointed with everything. Don't believe any of the more "positive" reviews.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

THE worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Horrible service. We were told there were no washcloths, and no heat. When calling to ask for washcloths, I was told I needed to come get them. Then was told after a 30 min wait that there were none. Mold is everywhere and there are at least three leaks that make the hallway and bathroom wet. The sheets always feel wet and cold. I had to use my blanket from the airport. I will NEVER stay here again. I was hoping for a deal and now I feel I got robbed. Well I did...someone stole my winter coat - yes, in sunny Miami. Oh, I don't trust the neighborhood either. Drug deals and drunks nearby.

• Stayed November 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

My laptop was stolen here by one of the hotel staff members. I had to leave work to file a police report because my boyfriend told me the door was open when he got back to the room. Hotel staff were the only people to have access to our room and they denied the whole thing. On top of that, we had to switch rooms twice because they have leaks all over the property. The food for the continental breakfast was junk food, not a real breakfast, complete with twinkies and frosted cakes. The staff was also very rude to us concerning checking in and basic customer service. Don't stay here unless you enjoy all of the above problems.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Best Miami Hotel? Share your experiences!