“DO NOT GO VERY BAD HOTEL” 1 of 5 stars

Best Miami Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5959 SW 71st St, South Miami, FL 33143-3599   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Miami
Clermont, Florida, United States
“DO NOT GO VERY BAD HOTEL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

do your self a favor and don't stay there , horrible service they charge for parking ! over priced , i also got charger 25 dollars and when i tried to call the costumer service guess what its not available

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Lenoir City, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Where to start... This was probably a grand hotel when built 60 years ago with the marble floors and iron railings etc... BUT NOT ANYMORE! The carpet should be ripped up and the concret floors would look better in the hallways, the pool hadn't been cleaned in weeks, the entire courtyard was very dirty. Someone needs to invest in a pressure washer. The parking garage ($8.00) a night had more lights out than it had on. Outside door to hallway would not shut from garage area. The floors (hardwood) had not been cleaned since put down. I took a wet towel and wiped the floor and honest, it was BLACK when I stopped. We had to work on the sink. when you turned on the water it shot out the side and went all over the floor. Shower had no pressure. Had old TV's and had to call front desk twice and finally gave up and went to lobby and ask manager. He sent one up with maid. There was mold in our ice bucket, mold on the window curtains. No way to close the curtains. Only has a sheer. Mattress came from Good Will 20 years ago. Free breakfast is a bowl of cerel or a muffin. That's it. Nothing hot! Get the point. This is coming from a couple guys who were there for the NASCAR race and we have stayed in some bad (cheap) places but this was the worst ever!
POSITIVE COMMENTS: Night staff very friendly. Gentlemens Club across the street.

Room Tip: Go to east side 3rd floor. This is the only floor that has a working ice machine. Just go somewhere...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Under no circumstances should you stay in this hotel. I'm a thrifty person, willing to make a few sacrifices, and understand you get what you pay for. NOTE: NOT WORTH IT!!!! I wouldn't stay here if it was FREE. The bed broke, you feel like sleeping on a sofa pullout mattress, the room smelled out mold, I had to wear my flip flops to shower, and to top it off, the staff has the WORST, unfriendly service EVER. I am a very tolerant person and was truly disappointed with everything. Don't believe any of the more "positive" reviews.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

THE worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Horrible service. We were told there were no washcloths, and no heat. When calling to ask for washcloths, I was told I needed to come get them. Then was told after a 30 min wait that there were none. Mold is everywhere and there are at least three leaks that make the hallway and bathroom wet. The sheets always feel wet and cold. I had to use my blanket from the airport. I will NEVER stay here again. I was hoping for a deal and now I feel I got robbed. Well I did...someone stole my winter coat - yes, in sunny Miami. Oh, I don't trust the neighborhood either. Drug deals and drunks nearby.

• Stayed November 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

My laptop was stolen here by one of the hotel staff members. I had to leave work to file a police report because my boyfriend told me the door was open when he got back to the room. Hotel staff were the only people to have access to our room and they denied the whole thing. On top of that, we had to switch rooms twice because they have leaks all over the property. The food for the continental breakfast was junk food, not a real breakfast, complete with twinkies and frosted cakes. The staff was also very rude to us concerning checking in and basic customer service. Don't stay here unless you enjoy all of the above problems.

• Stayed September 2012
Key West, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

If you are on a budget, this place will do. The hotel has some issues with maintenance and some areas need to be better cleaned, however, I've stayed four times and for the price I am satisfied. Breakfast is okay, the usual OJ, coffee, cereal, bagels etc.

The hotel is a short 20 minute drive to South Beach and one mile from the famous cheesecake factory inside the dadeland mall.

Also near really good hospital, carwashes, restraunts etc.

**Bring socks or slippers and warm clothes because it is FREEZING in there**

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

During our 3 month visit to Miami Florida, my husband and I stayed at the Best Miami Hotel, located in South Miami, on three separate occasions. The first time we stayed, we booked a run of the house room. We were pleasantly surprised as the room was spacious with a king size bed that was very comfortable. There was a desk, office chair and sofa. The wooden floors were far nicer than the carpets that covered the hallways of the hotel. We had room service everyday and our room was very comfortable.

By the second and third time we stayed, we had slowly become acquainted with the staff there, some of whom only spoke in Spanish but by the end of our trip made a real effort to speak to us in English. They were a friendly bunch. We were pleasantly surprised when Silveria recognised us from our first visit and instantly upgraded us, at no extra cost, to the penthouse suite. This suite was very spacious with a separate living room and bedroom. She really knew how to make us feel comfortable. A special thanks to Silveria for her friendliness; professionalism and making us feel so welcome!

The entrance of the hotel was impressive with grand ornaments and a piano in the hallway. Breakfast was included and consisted of cereal, bagels, cakes and beverages including coffee, tea and fruit juices to help you to start your day.

The hotel is ideally located and well-connected transportation wise. It even has a free shuttle service to get you about when needed. The drivers were always very friendly and would go out of their way to take us wherever we wanted to go within a certain distance. They were always happy to make a detour! The metro-rail is practically on the doorstep as well the bus stops. Dadeland Shopping Mall was only one metro stop away...not to mention the bus station, Sunset Place and supermarkets were all within walking distance.

This hotel may not be Glitzy enough for those who like it over the top, but it’s brilliant for its target market - those on a budget. It has everything you need and is well located. Overall, my husband and I had a pleasant stay at the Best Miami Hotel and I would be happy to go there again and recommend it to friends and family. In fact I already recommended it to some friends who stayed there for one week in July and they too were pleased with their stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Best Miami Hotel? Share your experiences!