“Great Budget Hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in South Miami
Barbados
“Great Budget Hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

During our 3 month visit to Miami Florida, my husband and I stayed at the Best Miami Hotel, located in South Miami, on three separate occasions. The first time we stayed, we booked a run of the house room. We were pleasantly surprised as the room was spacious with a king size bed that was very comfortable. There was a desk, office chair and sofa. The wooden floors were far nicer than the carpets that covered the hallways of the hotel. We had room service everyday and our room was very comfortable.

By the second and third time we stayed, we had slowly become acquainted with the staff there, some of whom only spoke in Spanish but by the end of our trip made a real effort to speak to us in English. They were a friendly bunch. We were pleasantly surprised when Silveria recognised us from our first visit and instantly upgraded us, at no extra cost, to the penthouse suite. This suite was very spacious with a separate living room and bedroom. She really knew how to make us feel comfortable. A special thanks to Silveria for her friendliness; professionalism and making us feel so welcome!

The entrance of the hotel was impressive with grand ornaments and a piano in the hallway. Breakfast was included and consisted of cereal, bagels, cakes and beverages including coffee, tea and fruit juices to help you to start your day.

The hotel is ideally located and well-connected transportation wise. It even has a free shuttle service to get you about when needed. The drivers were always very friendly and would go out of their way to take us wherever we wanted to go within a certain distance. They were always happy to make a detour! The metro-rail is practically on the doorstep as well the bus stops. Dadeland Shopping Mall was only one metro stop away...not to mention the bus station, Sunset Place and supermarkets were all within walking distance.

This hotel may not be Glitzy enough for those who like it over the top, but it’s brilliant for its target market - those on a budget. It has everything you need and is well located. Overall, my husband and I had a pleasant stay at the Best Miami Hotel and I would be happy to go there again and recommend it to friends and family. In fact I already recommended it to some friends who stayed there for one week in July and they too were pleased with their stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

369 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dartmouth, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We were travelling in Miami in late July, early August of 2012, travelling in a van, hoping to spend most of our nights sleeping in the back where we had an inflatable mattress, bedding, etc, however, it was brutally hot, over 100 degrees everyday, and even over 90-95 degrees at night! I started feeling terribly sick from the sun and the intense heat, so we HAD to find somewhere to be cool. We were going to be in Miami for a couple of weeks and did not have alot of money to spend on a hotel, so we chose the Best Miami.
The Air Conditioning was great, we could close the curtains for darkness, ( too much bright sun outside), and there were no bugs at all, other than that , the room was filthy!!! The walls have probably not been painted in 50 years! Stains and spots are everywhere. The lampshades are dirty, with more spots and stains. The floors are terrible. The washroom is useable. You would not get sick here, but it certainly needs to be professionally cleaned, painted. Really not pleasant. The bed and pillows were very lumpy, probably really old! The sheets and pillow cases were clean, and there were no bed bugs, I checked!
The people staying at the hotel seemed like they were people who travelled for months at a time, they seemed decent, from overseas , trying to save money as well. There is a free cold breakfast buffet in the mornings, not bad. The pool is ok, but not too clean I don't think.
The staff were not very nice, and our key card kept losing it's magnetism, and we had to keep having it reloaded.
The hotel is close to a nice mall, within walking distance, and a great restaurant called Einstein's for SUPER bagels, and coffee!!!
This is not even a 1 star hotel, and I would definately not ever stay here again, unless I was desperate for air conditioning, and could afford absolutely NOTHING else. I think even a YWCA or a youth hostel would be better!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

i booked my reservation for 3 adult for 2 nights , previously informed that it is a 3 stars hotel , walked in and the staff were VERY VERY RUDE i decided to let go of this , then charged 20 $ for Parking , i decided to let go of this one too, got the room walked in with my wife and my mother in law and my 1 month old baby , could not stop being angry , knowing it is a nonrefundable room that i booked , got my fine camera out and stayed a whale hour and half taking some fine picture of mold and rust and dust from all over the place until i looked in the A/C and i saw rats yes RATS and i surely got pics of these cute little creatures that could cause serious illness or even death i went with my family outside with all the stuff and i told them that i careless if the room refundable or not and i ll get every penny of my money or they will be out of business soon and i told them i got their cute animals on tape and sure i called the kayak website and will get full refund ,,,, advise STAY OUT !!! also, am very sorry to put a star for this [place but i think u got the idea

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

I chose this hotel because it offered transportation from the airport and transportation to the cruise port. The picture of the hotel was spectacular so I figured the stay would be okay.

The lobby was dirty..the lounge had stains on the carpet an couches were filthy.

The pool chairs were filthy and so was the pool. The courtyard facade was peeling and the hallway to the rooms was old and falling apart.

The room smelled moldy with shaky beds, rusty refrigerator and microwave. I was afraid to take my shoes off, take a shower and worse yet sleep on the bed.

Continental breakfast was a joke. Mini bagels some pink colored sweets that they considered pastry. It was embarrassed for the hotel.

Seriously, the hotel would be okay with simple repairs, power wash the algae off the walls clean the carpets, pool area..
you can tell maintenance is not a daily activity.

The van driver was very helpful..

• Stayed April 2012
Lake Worth, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We got to the hotel and checked into the lobby.The staff did not even greet us. Shortly after we drove around back to a parking garage that seemed unsafe to leave a car in, since the gate was up and there were homeless people all around outside. I dont know, It may have been broken?Then we took our bags up about two flights of stairs to get to our room and they were heavy bags to carry upstairs. If there was an elevator outside, we were not told. We made our way to our room, which we were told was one of their better rooms. On the way to our room, we passed tons of people hanging out in the hallways and working on their computers. We did not think anything was wrong because the hotel lobby was attractive. Upon entering our room we saw a nice laminate floor among very dated other items. If this was a better room, I would hate to see worse. The bathroom was falling apart. Literally.We stayed in a week that Florida had a cold spell and the temperature outside was cooler than it had been all winter so I decided to turn the heat up to take a shower. When I went over to the thermostat, I looked up on the wall to find cool setting but no heat. When I called the front desk, they informed me their hotel is older and they have no heat. NO HEAT? So, I froze taking my shower. Then we decided to watch tv. While we were sitting on the bed watching the tv, we heard the phone next door ringing, the person answer and the whole entire conversation of the person until they hung up.Everything! I hope I didnt say anything they could hear. Finally, we fell asleep to be awoken by a bell of a clock outside. This was at about 5am or so. I fell asleep again and around 6am I awoke to Loud screaming. Two women were having an argument right outside our door.This screaming and cursing went on for about twenty minutes.Yes, cursing! I was actually afraid to go out to see what was wrong in fear of my safety. When we left the hotel the next morning, we could not believe the experience we had and we even make jokes about possibly going back some day.NOT! If you want to stay in a good hotel, this is definately not for you! It was the worst hotel experience I ever had in my life.

Room Tip: Do not stay here pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Bermuda
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

1) Room smelled of mildew
2) Mildew was on the wall that had a photo on it above the beds
3) We Pre-booked for 3 adults but only had 2 towels one wash cloth and 2 hand towels. When we called reception we where told rather rudely by male receptionist after waiting for about 20 rings or 5mins, to come get it.
4) The male night receptionist answered phone with an attitude when we called about the towels. When I told him I didn't like how he answered he said something else rude to which I hung up. At least the lady that afternoon was sweet, concerning the internet question...
5) Phone was never answered until after 20 or so rings even when someone called from outside the Hotel to reach us. They complained that they had to wait so long for someone to pick up.
I would say they were not busy as I went down to the lobby to use my internet and for 30 mins no one was there but you hear the phone ring and ring and ring then finally He would answer as if the person on the other end was the problem...
It makes me wonder do they the employes take courses on how to act or how to treat people who's money helps pay their wages.
Horrible experience for all 3 of us was horrible not even worth the one night... I will never recommend nor will I ever use again. I am even checking to make sure the 25.00 they put on hold was refunded since we didn't use anything...
Please people don't bother with this hotel, not even for overnight!!!

Room Tip: Oh the AC is good here :-) and the pool looked good too...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Nassau, New Providence Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

used this hotel as it was close to the metro tube and because shuttle from airport was available. The drivers to shuttles are friendly but the shuttle reaches the airport very late...we waited for more than two hrs at the airport. The staff is unfriendly and at times rude.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Best Miami Hotel? Share your experiences!