“Great deal” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in South Miami
Ringwood, New Jersey
“Great deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Our room was large, clean, comfortable, and very reasonably priced. The continental breakfast was certainly adequate.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

299 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Milton Keynes
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

We were due to stay at the so called Best MIami hotel for 4 nights in November. Having arrived at the hotel we were greeted by what I can only describe as a pungent smell which was overpowering. The second thing that caught our attention was that the swimming pool and bar arrear had been cordened off. The manager advised this had been closed for 4 months but didn't feel they were obliged to advise customers of the change in these amenities. We duly cancelled our stay(not certain if we will get our money back) and moved to a better hotel in the same area. Please don't be fooled by the photo's on the hotels website, these have not been updated for a long time.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these South Miami hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011 via mobile

need to be more spotless and make suare to pick all the hairs in the bathroom that the guess before me left!!!!

• Stayed October 2011
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

This has been the most horrible experience in my life. Don't let the foyer fool you! There was 1 person at the front desk who was also the manager. He did not even greet us. There was something weird about this guy. He was very rude and in my opinion has no business managing a hotel. The entire hotel and the room smells of mold. The carpets were dirty and obviously needed to be vaccumed. We held our breath as we walked to our room, took a look at the pool and saw that the pool also needed to be cleaned. It was disgusting! Once we got into the room, the room reeked even more of mold. The A/C made so much noise no one could even attempt to sleep if they wanted to. The A/C was dripping water on to the wood floor. The bathroom was disgusting. There were stains in the toilet and the shower floor was black! I sat on the bed and could feel the coils springing up. Within 10 minutes, my skin was itchy and red. I'm pretty sure there were bedbugs and the linens on the bed were even moldy. After 30 min, we decided this was not a place anyone should be staying and decided to check out. Obviously the manager did not want to return our money. THIS PLACE WAS SO BAD THAT WE CHECKED OUT KNOWING WE WOULD LOSE OUR MONEY! I don't understand how they haven't been shut down as yet!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

I made the reservation for 4 nights. Booked it thru Hotwire (bad idea). Never book on Hotwire their customer service is almost none....Anyways..going back to his hotel. As I was saying, I was going to stay for 4 nights. After the first horrible night I cancelled.
The whole hotel smelled like mold. Carpets were dirty. Windows were super dirty.
When I looked up the ceiling of the room it had streaks of black mold (really bad stuff).
The toilet seat was stained. The wallpaper in the bathroom was loose in several areas.
My daughter got bitten by bed bugs. The mattress were torn and very old. The coils inside it
were hurting my back.
I really feel that whoever owns this hotel has no pride in his or her business property.
I wouldn't recommend this hotel to a friend OR enemy.
This hotel should be quarantined. I am not kidding. IT IS GROSS. YUCK!!!!!

Room Tip: I don't think this hotel has ANY good rooms
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
George Town, Grand Cayman
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

I have never stayed anywhere like this before and not in a good way! I dont know where to start. When i tried to make a reservation, the receptionist could not tell me if they accepted my card or not, to try and book online and see if one of the websites would! I read online that there was a shuttle from the airport, I waited at the airport saw all the buses from the other hotels pick up people but nothing for best miami hotel, it annoys me to even call it that! I rang and the rude, unhelpful person that answered told me i should have rang them when i arrived that they would send someone for me but could not tell me how long they would be!

I had a feeling when the shuttle pulled up i had made a mistake with my choice, the bus needed a little tlc, it was old the name of the hotel was faded, chipping off! I checked in o.k asked where there was some close shopping centre and was told 2 blocks away! I have never been to miami before, 2 blocks could mean 5 miles to me! I had to ask 2 more times for directions before the receptionist would make clear what they were saying to me, I'm not sure if it was the language barrier or the general not caring.

The Room:

The matresses from what i saw around the edges were very very old, black and moldy. There was stains on the carpet on the landing floor, cracks everywhere in the celings and a horrible smell everywhere in the hotel! Room was dirty, old, not nice. I found black hairs everywhere in the room, there were toe nail clippings on the floor. The towels would take your skin off their so hard. The bed sheets were ripped. The air-conditioning was leaking but had a bucket under it so i could hear every drop! I went to sleep that night watching the one channel i had in the room and when i awoke the next morning there were ANTS crawling all over the bed. On the floor and dirty old sofa. I went straight to reception and informed them, i said i didnt wnat to stay the next night but they would not refund me my money. I booked the non-refundable rate.... I thought this would have been circumstances outside of that policy after all it wasnt my fault there were ants crawling all over the bed, it was theirs.

I had to stay another night, I was not in a position to not get my refund back from them (which there was no chance of) and pay for another hotel for that night so i had to stay, i would have slept on the airport floor if it were possible!

I was moved rooms but it wasnt any better, the air-conditioning was still leaking but this time they put a dirty rug under it so it would dry it up.

I was to nervous to eat breakfast there, it was so dirty, the wifi is only in the lobby while i sat there one evening using it i saw earwigs crawling along the floor.

This place needs to be gutted or knocked but it is not fit to be run as a hotel

Room Tip: Stay away, Worst hotel experience i've ever had!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
North East UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

My husband booked this hotel and never looked at the reviews,BIG BIG MISTAKE! this was an experience that we hope will never happen again. What was a holiday that we looked forward to during our trip to florida was nearly ruined!!!!!!!!! luckily we found a Hayet hotel near by and saved the day. We only expected a basic clean room, nothing fancy but this had none!!!!! Everything about this place was horrible the staff the smell ONE BIG AND I MEAN BIG DISASTER! YOU HAVE BEAN WORNED!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Best Miami Hotel? Share your experiences!