“I got what I paid for” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in South Miami
Mount Arlington, New Jersey
“I got what I paid for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

I booked with this hotel through Expedia just for the purpose of staying during an overnight layover. The hotel apparently received a makover and is very cozy and appealing to the eye when you walk into the lobby. The room was OK, but there was definitely room for improvement on some of the little things. Also, they could probably use some new beds - the bed was a little squeaky but not to the point that it was uncomfortable. It just wasn't what I'm used to. I had read reviews about them charging hidden fees, etc. but I did not experience this. I paid for my room through Expedia and they did not charge me anything extra. It definitely was not a Hilton or Marriott, but it was clean and served the purpose.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

361 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

Stay away from this lying pack of thieves. No shuttle service from airport or to cruise as listed on their website. We chose them because they offered free shuttle. What hotel only has 1 shuttle? Wi-fi didnt work and break fast is a joke. Room was dirty and smelled terrible. Sheets looked they had not been washed in a month. Stay far far away from this place!

Room Tip: Run as fast a can!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these South Miami hotels

Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

I have traveled to quite a few places and stayed in many hotels (cheap/costly depending on the purpose of the trip) - this hotel wins the prize for one of the worst I have ever stayed in. The only reason we decided to book was that it was one of the few hotels that offered a cruise shuttle (we wanted to stay one day before the cruise, and one day after). You might as well pay less the same amount of money to stay in another hotel and pay the additional money for a taxi. some of the highlights of this hotel stay:
1. the shuttle 'broke down' and was not able to do pickups/drop offs to the cruise or airport
2. the fire alarm went off at 5 in the morning - and kept ringing for a full 10 minutes. we were all outside in our pajamas and no one from the hotel ever appeared to say a word
3. you're better off going to the supermarket around the corner to buy breakfast than eat what is offered
4. the rooms are rundown, a couple of towels were wet when we moved in, and the place on the whole is very untidy.
5. You are lucky if anyone answers the main phone.
From what we understood this used to be a best western hotel - but it looks as if nothing has been maintained in it since the name change.
candlewood suites where i stayed on one of my prior trips is around the same price, but is not in the same run down state as this hotel.
The hotel's motto is the 'best kept secret in miami'; it obviously should remain that way.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Cambridge, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

People whenever you are thinking about going to Miami, never stay at Best Miami. The hotel is the filthiest place I have ever been to, they lie to people talking about they provide shuttle, I had a reserve shuttle for 5:00 a.m. I was sitting there waiting in the lobby for the shuttle, twenty minutes into waiting, I went to speak to the front desk person who didn't even know how to speak English so it took him a few minutes to realized what I was saying, he goes no,no, no shuttle until 8:00. We request room service one day my son left a piece of food on the floor to see if they clean the floor once we got back to the room the piece of food item was still on the ground, the light in the bathroom sounded as if it was about to exploded at any given time. The bath tub was filthy as if it has not been cleaned for months. Overall the service was poor the place was a mess. I would not recommend this place not even if you were homeless and they were offering it to you for free. The most attractive thing was the flower by the pool.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

This is what it said on the sign to the hotel. I had read the reviews posted on trip advisor and went with the one who had said they had been there for many years which was good for me.
Huan who had shuttled us from the airport to the hotel was welcoming and talkative about Miami and gave us a snapshot of Cuban American. The hotel itself was very nice the interior nice and the rooms very nice. Their is complimentary breakfast and shuttle. The best kept secret is that it is located next to the metrorail. The metrorail is not visible from the street level itis elevated and there isnt much noise so we had to be told that the metro rail is right next to us. Its one stop from university and three stops from viscaya and coconut grove and then in total about 13 minutes into government center and about twenty five from port miami. If your planning to go on the cruise the shuttle will drop you there.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011 via mobile

WTF came to hotel smelled like mold, came to our room and ridiculously cold! The safe did not work... Shower look like someone rolled in mud and decided to dance all over the shower! No hot water I believe after 10pm?! Yup terrible experience... Great price $70

• Stayed April 2011
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

Probably the worst hotel experience I have ever had. The smell of damp rot is still in my nostrils. Lots of things in the room did not work. Floor lamp had no on/off switch. The sink would take forever to drain out. The bed was probably worst and cheapest I have ever slept on. The most appaling thing was while in the shower, I opened the shampoo bottle and found it had only a few drops left of liquid. They left me with the previous guests used shampoo. The front desk would allow phone to ring forever and not pick up at all. Happened 2 times. For 2 people you get only one hand towel. I could go on... but the quicker I forget the experience the better off I will be.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Best Miami Hotel? Share your experiences!