“Miami Best Kept Secret” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Miami
Surrey
“Miami Best Kept Secret”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

This is what it said on the sign to the hotel. I had read the reviews posted on trip advisor and went with the one who had said they had been there for many years which was good for me.
Huan who had shuttled us from the airport to the hotel was welcoming and talkative about Miami and gave us a snapshot of Cuban American. The hotel itself was very nice the interior nice and the rooms very nice. Their is complimentary breakfast and shuttle. The best kept secret is that it is located next to the metrorail. The metrorail is not visible from the street level itis elevated and there isnt much noise so we had to be told that the metro rail is right next to us. Its one stop from university and three stops from viscaya and coconut grove and then in total about 13 minutes into government center and about twenty five from port miami. If your planning to go on the cruise the shuttle will drop you there.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

Probably the worst hotel experience I have ever had. The smell of damp rot is still in my nostrils. Lots of things in the room did not work. Floor lamp had no on/off switch. The sink would take forever to drain out. The bed was probably worst and cheapest I have ever slept on. The most appaling thing was while in the shower, I opened the shampoo bottle and found it had only a few drops left of liquid. They left me with the previous guests used shampoo. The front desk would allow phone to ring forever and not pick up at all. Happened 2 times. For 2 people you get only one hand towel. I could go on... but the quicker I forget the experience the better off I will be.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these South Miami hotels

Des Moines, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

This hotel was one of the worst hotels I have ever used.

We booked through an entertainment travel catalog. We only needed it for one night before we set sail on a cruise. The cost was $150.00 for the night. This hotel was not worth $15.00 a night.

The mini fridge had rust over the door and hinges.

The shower curtain should have been thrown away. There had to be a pound of mold hanging off the shower curtain and the shower head.

There was mold along the corners of the back-splash on the lavatory. There was mold everywhere.

The pool was not heated...and located in the center of the hotel so sunshine was blocked to heat the water.

The hotel restaurant was closed and the front desk person said the hotel was waiting on permits from the county. After seeing the room I would never eat anything out of the Best Miami Hotel kitchen.

The carpets throughout the hallways were badly stained. The whole feeling of the hotel was filthy.

We complained enough to the overnight desk person that he finally "upgraded" us to a larger room. There were fewer molds, but the floor lamp would not work. The on/off switch was missing.

Our family will never forget the "Best" Miami Hotel as our worst hotel experience.
Stay away!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Blackpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

Left after an uncomfortable 3-day stay with bug bites all over my body. Water constantly trickled from the air-con, the shower took 10-minutes running to get barely warm and the matress was light, cheap spingy and uncomfortable. Niether the shuttle bus to or from the Airport showed up. The staff, who cannot speak English very well are rude and unhelpful.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

I booked this "hotel" online in a rush and I was very disappointed. It is in the middle of no where, with nothing close by except a "Gentleman's club" and luckily a sky train out of there!!

The pool is un heated, the pool bar is closed, the pool chair and beds old tired and dirty and the pool is in the centre of the hotel, so no sun for most of the time.

The room I had had an old dirty feel to it, it looked like it was put together from a junk store. If you need to be in the location and are staying for one night, then ok. But it is not a holiday hotel.

I had booked for 7 days, but when I got there I told them I needed to leave earlier. As my booking had been through a website that stated free cancelation I though this would be ok. But the staff where very unhelpful. The girl either couldn't understand me or pretended to not understand me and after about an hour I convinced them that I needed to leave after 2 nights. Thanks to God.

I slept well on the first night, but then I had not slept for 27 hours previously due to travel etc.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

We checked in to find broken locks, filthy and frozen over fridge. Stained walls with dirty foot prints and hand prints on the walls.
The curtains were completely infested with MOLD!! We actually had to video this because it was unbelievable how much mold was on the curtains.

The bathtub was filthy and one of the beds had a broken frame.
The fire extinguishers in the hall had pins missing and they were empty..

Unfortunately, we pre-paid, so they wouldn't return our money, I left anyway and booked another hotel and took the loss, that's how nasty it was!!

Do yourself a favor, and go somewhere else!! I cannot stress this enough!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

Do NOT stay here!! It was dirty and I found roaches in the bathroom!! The hotel manager was rude and had an attitude when I asked for a new room! It was the WORST hotel experience I've ever had!!

• Stayed March 2011

Been to Best Miami Hotel? Share your experiences!