“Great option for lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Miami, Florida
“Great option for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

prices are very accessible and they have a chef all they way in the back that will cook you some hibachi. Sushi is good nothing out of this world but a decent variety to be only 10 bucks for lunch buffet.

Visited June 2013

67% Recommend
Miami, Florida
“Horrible dinning experience!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

As I made my way to grab a plate there were 2 ladies in front of me staring at a small roach on the wall, I though many restaurants have roaches, so I moved on and sat down to eat and noticed the paint was falling of the ceiling, the floors were very sticky and food quality was poor.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
miami,fl
“AH SO...Tastes just like chicken.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Before I start let me say this.....AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!!!!!

I have a policy regarding restaurants that I try to uphold. If its bad....wait a couple of years and try it again. I always like to give places a second chance. If its bad again....never return.

I visited this restaurant a couple of years ago for lunch with my son. It's basically in my backyard in relation to my work. Convenience is important when time is a factor.

I had decided to revisit Kyojin last Saturday on a "Sushi craving" type of day. I love Sushi and wish that it was more affordable. I decided to go the cheap route and give this place a second chance.

Upon entering the restaurant, the staff is very friendly and we were quickly seated. Once seated, I got a chance to really look around and I noticed, although a bright sunny South Florida day, the restaurant had a very dark dingy feel to it....and it was definately not ambience.

The carpets looked dirty...the walls looked dirty...even the air vents looked dirty. Geez...if this was what we were allowed to see....I dread the thought of the kitchen. I bet you "Mr. Clean" wouldn't approve.

As noted in previous reviews on this site, The sushi bar is massive. I strolled the perimeter and gleefully loaded my plate with a variety of rolls. This is the time to experiment on rolls you had always wanted to try but were afraid to experience with something new.

Very well stocked with different sauces ...they even had a wasabi sauce in additional to the usual wasabi. Maybe this was done to disquise the true taste of the sushi?

Back to the table to devour my delectables? Upon trying two...three...four different rolls...I noticed something very strange....they all tasted the same. I couldn't distinguish one roll from another and I can promise you....there is nothing wrong with my taste buds. They all just tasted...non discript....bland...YUCK!!!

I always feel a little guilty when I leave a plate full of uneaten foods....brings me back to my childhood and my mom reminding me that there were "starving children in China". But another Chinese kid was going to have to go hungry as I decided to try something else that was more palatable.

I ventured toward their cold salad bar only to discover that because it was lunch....they didn't bring out the big boys...the crab legs. I grabbed a plate hoping for something edible. As I strolled this section...I had flashbacks of the movie " Vegas Vacation" and saw visions of green stuff and yellow stuff and the bread pudding was extra runny. Is that chicken?

So I decided I wanted to live a couple of more years so I skipped the cold section and was actually looking forward to the back of the restaurant....Chinese food!! Now I normally don't get many opportunities to eat chinese food as my boyfriend is not a big fan of the cuisine and if there were no other chinese restaurants on the planet except for this one...I would definately scratch it off my list of "favorite foods"

Hmmm was I seeing correctly...deep fried chicken in some nasty sauce....deep fried dumplings in some brown sauce....deep fried shrimp? are there actual shrimps underneath that breading? Continuing on....deep fried broccoli...deep fried chicken wings. Do these people know how to cook anything that is not deep fried? I promise you...not a rib in site. This was pathetic.

My last hold out....the grill. There is a very nice man that stands before a grill and makes to order your choice of their offerings. I was confused as their was no way to distinguish the chicken from the fish? So I chose the steak. No exaggeration....he chopped this steak to such little pieces...I swear he was trying to make sure that it was dead.

Dessert? I give up....not even pistachio ice cream was going to entice me into sampling their desert offerings. As they say in baseball....three strikes and you're out.

I paid the bill...and had this disqusting feeling as I left the restaurant that in this city of numerous excellent restaurants why would anyone decide to eat here?

Here's my advise to you.... Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ithaca, New York, United States
“Oh my god its so good its EVIL!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This place is amazing sushi sashimi hibachi all in one place and all for one low price. It is a japanese buffet If you find one of these definitely go but be prepared to go home with a food baby!!!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Athens
“All you can eat sushi, goof price, decent food !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

In Kyojin japanese buffet, you can eat as much as you like from a big variety of sushi rolls (i would dare to say around 30 different sushi rolls with fish and seafood or for vegetarians, plus sasimi), a fresh seafood buffet and a nice accompanying asian buffet (mainly chinese, like sesame chicken, dumplings, sweet n sour and noodles) and you can order your own hibachi.
Add to all theses, ice cream and sweets at the end. The food is pretty good.
and all this, weekend nights for dinner for only 20$ ! Weekdays nights even cheaper (if i remember correctly around 15$).
Now this is not a fancy restaurant, if you are looking for one. But it is a traditional japanese buffet-diner, with japanese chefs behind the counter preparing sushi all the time and nice japanese decoration.

• Visited May 2013