“Great Value for Great Food” 5 of 5 stars

Update restaurant details
Ranked #5 of 57 restaurants in South Miami
Cuisines: Seafood
Bridgetown, Barbados
“Great Value for Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This restaurant was terrific the food, the service and the drinks were great. In all I can only sum up the experience as excellent and highly reecommend it.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

89% Recommend
Madison, Alabama
“Ahoy Captain!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The side salad was very good, crisp and the tomatoes was the best I have has in years!! They do not use "hot house" tomatoes but field grown jewels that burst with taste!!

The Oyster plate was divine, very lightly breaded that was not heavy at all. In fact it was almost like the texture of a tempura batter - yummy!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
University Park, Florida
“We Loved it!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We had 6 couples in Miami attending the Boat Show and Coconut Grove Art Fair, so it was a very busy high season weekend. Bella, the hostess, did her best and we were seated within 15 minutes.(We had clled ahead a few days to let her know we were coming.) Our server was great and handled the large group with ease. We had the whole Maine Lobster and it was terrific. We also tried several appetizers- Conch Fritters, Oysters on the Half Shell and they too, were delicious. It was a lively place and we all enjoyed the entire evening. It was the classic old decor, but clean and quaint. We will return!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City, Missouri
“Bad Food/Bad Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We were in Miami for two weeks. On our last night we chose the Captain's Tavern. The hostess showed us to a table and threw the menus in the middle of the table and left. We sat for over 20 minutes without anyone stopping by. Finally a waiter showed up and asked what we wanted. No drink request; no discussion; no welcome. We had to ask about the specials.

We both order the Grouper which was supposedly the freshest. My wife had hers grilled and at the waiter's suggestion I had mine served with a mushroom and wine sauce. I also ordered conch fritters and my wife some sushi as an appetizer. The sauce on my fish arrived only luke warm and did not do anything for the fish. My wife made the better choice.

Two hours later my stomach was hurting and after another hour or so, I was vomiting. I had no other signs of flu. I had scrambled eggs for lunch and only a banana and protein bar for lunch since we were playing golf. It had to be either the conch or the sauce on the fish since those were the only thing I had that my wife didn't. I am told that I should report to the Health Department which I guess I should do.

I cannot recommend this place in anyway. It was dingy and not too clean. This is the worst review I have ever given any restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Harpswell, Maine
“Solid night out.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Visited Captain's Tavern on a recent visit to friends in Miami. Meal was very good. But by far the best part of the night was our server who made the night totally enjoyable and fun.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere