“We Loved it!!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
University Park, Florida
“We Loved it!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We had 6 couples in Miami attending the Boat Show and Coconut Grove Art Fair, so it was a very busy high season weekend. Bella, the hostess, did her best and we were seated within 15 minutes.(We had clled ahead a few days to let her know we were coming.) Our server was great and handled the large group with ease. We had the whole Maine Lobster and it was terrific. We also tried several appetizers- Conch Fritters, Oysters on the Half Shell and they too, were delicious. It was a lively place and we all enjoyed the entire evening. It was the classic old decor, but clean and quaint. We will return!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Kingston, Saint Andrew, Jamaica
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This restaurant always had a waiting line. The food is excellent and therefore I keep going back. Waiting lines or not.

Visited January 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
“Bad Food/Bad Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We were in Miami for two weeks. On our last night we chose the Captain's Tavern. The hostess showed us to a table and threw the menus in the middle of the table and left. We sat for over 20 minutes without anyone stopping by. Finally a waiter showed up and asked what we wanted. No drink request; no discussion; no welcome. We had to ask about the specials.

We both order the Grouper which was supposedly the freshest. My wife had hers grilled and at the waiter's suggestion I had mine served with a mushroom and wine sauce. I also ordered conch fritters and my wife some sushi as an appetizer. The sauce on my fish arrived only luke warm and did not do anything for the fish. My wife made the better choice.

Two hours later my stomach was hurting and after another hour or so, I was vomiting. I had no other signs of flu. I had scrambled eggs for lunch and only a banana and protein bar for lunch since we were playing golf. It had to be either the conch or the sauce on the fish since those were the only thing I had that my wife didn't. I am told that I should report to the Health Department which I guess I should do.

I cannot recommend this place in anyway. It was dingy and not too clean. This is the worst review I have ever given any restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Lobsters & steaks to die for!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband ask for lobster Thermidor, excellent choice with bake potato, I ask for cowboy ribeye steak, it was huge, to feed 2 & was also an excellent choice with French fries & onions rings, both plates include salad, we ask with vinaigrette, OMG . We will be back soon.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“snapper, mahi, grouper, stone crabs, lobster”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

everything is always good here. I think I had snapper almondine or something like that. If they have the lobster bisque you should definitely try that. There is usually somewhat of a wait and the bar is tiny but very worth it. It wouldn't consistently draw a croud for like 20 years or more if it wasn't good.

Visited October 2012