“Average Food - Bad Business Practices” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Miami, Florida
“Average Food - Bad Business Practices”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Ok food is good and service was decent. However, at time of payment restaurant was dishonest and would not honor Deal Saver coupon we tendered 6/21/2013 stating it was already used based on a handwritten notation on a printed list of their coupons.

Had purchased 3 Deal Saver coupons through Miami Herald Deal Saver--2 in a Feb 2013 offer (one was a gift for my sister) and 1 in a March 2013 offer. My sister used her gift one in Apr 2013.

Tried to use the 2nd Feb purchase on 6/21/2013. Was told by manager it was used already and we had to pay full price for meal or use 3rd one (Mar 2013 purchase).

Showed manager coupons on iPhone from account showing 3 purchased and 2 remaining. Manager he did not care. Manager demanded I email him remaining 2 coupons--Feb and Mar 2013--which I did.

So I didn't get the $30 worth of food for $15, which is what each coupon represented.

Manager had handwritten list where both Feb 2013 purchased coupons were checked off by handwritten notation when I had only patronized the restaurant 1 time prior to 6/21/2013. March 2013 coupon was not notated on the printed list as tendered.

Contacted Miami Herald Deal Saver rep and was told that none of the 3 coupons purchased for Blu were entered into their computer tracking system as used by the restaurant.

You would think the customer is always right. What a disappointment as the manager was arguing with us in front of the entire restaurant that we were wrong and he was right--outrageous.

Will never patronize this restaurant again. Obviously Blu practices bait and switch tactics.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Kendall, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Good Resturant, South Miami Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The ambiance, food, staff were all amazing! The portions are shareable. It is right off of US1. I haven't had such good food in miami for the price for a while.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Antigua, Guatemala
“Little Italy in South Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I had lunch here recently with local friends. It was thoroughly delightful and having just arrived from the cold north, it was a treat to be seated 'al fresco' so that I could people watch too. Yes, you can order a good burger here but the Italian fare is not to be missed with its luscious little pizzas, paninis and carpaccio. We started with Burrata con Prosciutto, an appetizer plate of fresh cheese, prosciutto and olives. My lunch companions ordered a tantalizing pizza while I chose the panino con prosciutto with fresh mozzarella, tomato and basil. Staff was efficient and courteous. Perfect little lunch stop.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Great Focacchia, Salads, Pizza, Lasagna!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I am a regular at this place, Renato make this place shine at his is a service drive person.
I recommend the salads, pizzas and LASaGNA
Finish the event with the most delicious desert ZABAGLIONE

Great place, great service, great food highly recommended

Enjoy it

“Authentic Italian.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

My wife and I were invited to this restaurant by friends who raved about it. I must say they were right. To start with first impressions, as we walked in I felt like I was back in Rome, I heard Italian being spoken! We were taken to a table immediately and our waiter was right there. He was helpful, professional, and funny all at the same time. Now for the food, my wife had the Blu salad, with strips of mango in it, she said it was Amazing. I opted to try a pizza, I chose the Neapolitan pizza and I must say it tasted just like the ones I've had in Napoli. For dessert we had coconut flan and it did not disappoint. Overall, a great experience, and the best part of the night was the fact that we stayed conversing way after we had finished our meal, and not once did we feel rushed to leave. This is definitely a great find. And the prices are reasonable. So if you want authentic Italian cuisine, Blu is the real deal.

• Visited September 2012