“Got there by the smell” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen, Californian
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Late Night
Dania Beach, FL
“Got there by the smell”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We were attracted to this restaurant by the smell. It was irresistible! It turns out to be a high-end deli located on Sunset Place. The food is fresh and delicious. Service is fast and waitress was nice. We tried the veggie wrap and the Philly cheese steak wrap, and both were really good. French fries are worth the calories.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Trinidad
“Nice intimate spot in Brickell”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We went to Sunday morning breakfast at Deli Lane and it was a wonderful experience! There was seating both inside & out and even though the weather was a little bad, the huge umbrellas outside allowed us to enjoy our food in the fresh air without getting wet. OUr waitress was funny & quick. I thought that I'd have issues ordering breakfast since I don't eat eggs & practically everything on a breakfast menu uses eggs as a main ingredient. Fortunately, the staff accommodated my requests & I had an excellent egg-free ruben sandwich! Sitting outside was also great because it allowed us to dine with pet owners & parents of young children without being disturbed. I loved this place & will be back soon.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, Illinois
“Was So Much Better”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This restaurant when it opened 20 years ago was so good. However, time has not been kind to this restaurant. The crowds still come and there is typically a wait for breakfast over weekends, but the service is bad, the food is not very good and the furniture and décor are very dated. So if you are in South Miami, avoid this restaurant and go to so many small places that serve great food. Walk around and you will find coffee shops with great coffee and sandwiches.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Bad service. OK food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stumbled in here when I was looking for somewhere to eat and got caught in a thunderstorm. I looked at the menu and it seemed ok, so I waited to be seated. There were 12 members of staff and 2 couples seated. When no one came over I sat down. I sat there for 15 minutes and eventually I stood up and went to the counter to order. I presumed that I got it wrong and that despite the ridiculous number of staff there was no table service. Eventually they asked me what I wanted and then said 'to take away?' I said no and so was abruptly told to sit down and wait for someone to take my order. Even though this woman had already taken it. She sent a Russian/Eastern European girl over who looked like someone had just spat on her she was so miserable. She also didn't appear to understand what I said when I ordered quesadillas. She walked off. 5 minutes later a happier girl came over and took my order for a third time, I've no idea why it took 3 times. I asked for Guacamole. I was told they had none but could bring me an avocado? I declined. I waited 20 minutes for my food despite now being only 2 people left in the cafe and 12 members of staff remaining! With this, there were containers and drinks and dirty napkins on many of the tables that had not been cleared up.

I'm not an idiot and would normally have walked out as a result of most of the reasons listed above, but it was chucking it down with rain and it was thunder and lightening so I was a little stranded in my silk summer dress.

I'm unsure why they have so many miserable and incompetent staff here. I will not be returning.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Diner Style Deliciousness”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

Great variety throughout the menu; they have loads of options wether you're in the mood for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Food is always fresh and fairly priced. True diner fare which is hard to find here in Miami. Have to have the vegetable gumbo....best vegetarian soup I've ever had!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere