“disappointing” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch
Miami, Florida
“disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I didn't like the place very much. The sashimi was too tick for my taste. The menu has variety, but nothing special or much different, that are things that I like when I go to a Japanese restaurant.

Visited September 2013

Miami
“Our "go to" sushi restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

You can't go wrong here! We have eaten here on several occasions and have never been disappointed. You can't go wrong with the value of their lunch bento box! Tons of variety & always good. For a limited time they have a "white hot Heat" roll that I highly recommend. It's not too spicy, just right!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manila, Philippines
“Great for newbies!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was expecting a normal sushi restaurant, but instead got a very cool take on sushi. If you have any sushi virgin friends that refuse to eat raw fish, this is the place to take them. There are so many different types of rolls that I've never seen before, all sounded delicious. In the end I went with Godzilla Gone Wild (spicy tune, crab, eel, shrimp tempura, green tea soba noodles, spicy eel sauce).

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami
“Sushi Is Fresh, Service Is Sporatic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I like their menu offerings and each time I've ordered sushi, it has been cold and fresh. I also like their Bento Boxes for lunch, they're a good deal, complete with a small salad, dumplings, edemame and your choice of entree. (salmon!) The service can be anything from horrible to just fine - you never know what you're going to get. I have very good luck each time I visit their Palmetto Bay location, I prefer to dine there.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Oddly, I ate some Sushi at the Chinese restaurant one night, then went to Sushi Maki one night. Both times the Sushi was fresh and good.

Visited September 2012