“Our "go to" sushi restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Miami
“Our "go to" sushi restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

You can't go wrong here! We have eaten here on several occasions and have never been disappointed. You can't go wrong with the value of their lunch bento box! Tons of variety & always good. For a limited time they have a "white hot Heat" roll that I highly recommend. It's not too spicy, just right!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

55% Recommend
Manila, Philippines
“Great for newbies!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was expecting a normal sushi restaurant, but instead got a very cool take on sushi. If you have any sushi virgin friends that refuse to eat raw fish, this is the place to take them. There are so many different types of rolls that I've never seen before, all sounded delicious. In the end I went with Godzilla Gone Wild (spicy tune, crab, eel, shrimp tempura, green tea soba noodles, spicy eel sauce).

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami
“Sushi Is Fresh, Service Is Sporatic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I like their menu offerings and each time I've ordered sushi, it has been cold and fresh. I also like their Bento Boxes for lunch, they're a good deal, complete with a small salad, dumplings, edemame and your choice of entree. (salmon!) The service can be anything from horrible to just fine - you never know what you're going to get. I have very good luck each time I visit their Palmetto Bay location, I prefer to dine there.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Oddly, I ate some Sushi at the Chinese restaurant one night, then went to Sushi Maki one night. Both times the Sushi was fresh and good.

Visited September 2012
Jakarta, Indonesia
“the worst service and I still need to tip.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I should be taking times to read some reviews. I never wanted to go to a place with a review that at least have 20% bad review or even 3 star review.
I just landed to miami and starving, it was friday night. I asked the filipino waitress, how big is the super large sashimi and sushi platter is, and she explained to me, ITS A SUSHI MAM, with sashimi on top, raw fish. small rice with fishes or prawn on top of it.
and she took someone elses sushi from the bar and show it to me, THIS IS A SUSHI!

woow, I told her, I know what is sushi, I asked how big is your portion is. "YAA, its a sushi its this always in the same size"

after taking our order, I can see our sashimis, sushi rolls etc are finished and she just need to put it in our table, she didnt do that and I asked her "whatever finished just bring it to our table" she nodded but she still didnt take it, she was busy with other things when she just serve us.

after 5mins holding my anger, she finally came with all those things. passing plate to my face, and asked me to pass it to the rest of the people in my table. if you think the restaurant was packed there is no other place to walk, you could say so, but no its not.

so, the food was ok, but for the treatment? and I should tip for this kind of crap place? nah, im not reccomending it to anyone.

• Visited August 2012