“Sushi Is Fresh, Service Is Sporatic” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Miami
“Sushi Is Fresh, Service Is Sporatic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I like their menu offerings and each time I've ordered sushi, it has been cold and fresh. I also like their Bento Boxes for lunch, they're a good deal, complete with a small salad, dumplings, edemame and your choice of entree. (salmon!) The service can be anything from horrible to just fine - you never know what you're going to get. I have very good luck each time I visit their Palmetto Bay location, I prefer to dine there.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chicago, Illinois
“Good Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Oddly, I ate some Sushi at the Chinese restaurant one night, then went to Sushi Maki one night. Both times the Sushi was fresh and good.

Visited September 2012
Jakarta, Indonesia
“the worst service and I still need to tip.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I should be taking times to read some reviews. I never wanted to go to a place with a review that at least have 20% bad review or even 3 star review.
I just landed to miami and starving, it was friday night. I asked the filipino waitress, how big is the super large sashimi and sushi platter is, and she explained to me, ITS A SUSHI MAM, with sashimi on top, raw fish. small rice with fishes or prawn on top of it.
and she took someone elses sushi from the bar and show it to me, THIS IS A SUSHI!

woow, I told her, I know what is sushi, I asked how big is your portion is. "YAA, its a sushi its this always in the same size"

after taking our order, I can see our sashimis, sushi rolls etc are finished and she just need to put it in our table, she didnt do that and I asked her "whatever finished just bring it to our table" she nodded but she still didnt take it, she was busy with other things when she just serve us.

after 5mins holding my anger, she finally came with all those things. passing plate to my face, and asked me to pass it to the rest of the people in my table. if you think the restaurant was packed there is no other place to walk, you could say so, but no its not.

so, the food was ok, but for the treatment? and I should tip for this kind of crap place? nah, im not reccomending it to anyone.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sushi Maki South Miami "Dont bother!"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My husband and I decided to go last Friday to Sushi Maki in South Miami, wow what a dissapointment.
The service was horrible, the manager herself finally came to take our order. Then she forgot to bring our food, we could see it sitting at the sushi bar for at least 20 minutes. Finally she brought our food and said to us that the sushi bar was backed up, "RIGHT", she forgot our salad, I asked her for it, and she brought me a poorly made salad with so much dressing it was simple not edible. Even another customer sitting next to us brought it to her attention, that she really needed to get the placed staffed, and she truly does, including replacing or retraining herself. Never again!

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Fl., USA
“a new franchise, good sushi and soft shell crabs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

It has a nice outdoor area to eat with nice couch and chairs, next to US!, but separated by a row of trees. sushi is good, the same you buy at WholeFoods. good service and prices. excellent selection of beers, limited wine list

Visited June 2012