“Good enough, but not a stand out” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SW 128th Street and South Dixie Highway
miami
“Good enough, but not a stand out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My wife and I have been to Imlee a few times over the past few years as we like exotic flavors. A couple weeks ago we came back with another couple. We were seated promptly and greeted by the server. It appears they might have running short on their regular servers as some of them did not displayed expertise in explaining the dishes. Even we ordered Naan Bread with dipping sauces. The tray was dropped over our table leaving three of us with dressing all over our clothes....accidents do happen...however, no manager came to apologize. Not that we look to take advantage of anybody, but the few times a ("fine?") restaurant server does something like that we've had manager coming to apologize and in 100% of the times, we are offered for a drink , dessert or something to make the guest feel appreciated....but never the less....going to the food, it is not something to go out of the way for. I ordered the especial Chilean Sea Bass Imlee Style, and it was not sea Bass, the sharp intense flavors infused by their spices try masquerading the fish. All the Masala dishes taste the same regardless of the protein used (chicken or shrimp), as well as he curry sauce dishes. The food in general was ok, but the service left a lot to be desired. For the price , not worth it. We will explore other indian restaurants.

Visited May 2014

“Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have eaten at Imlee at least ten times but my last visit was the best meal yet. My husband and I like to try different things. We loved the cottage cheese tandoori and the chicken and lentils. We normally get the lamb, which is also excellent. I think that the reason that we liked it better on our latest visit is that we ordered "mild" instead of "medium" level of spiciness. I think the food is tastier when it isn't too hot and you can enjoy the vast range of flavors better.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Homestead, Florida
“Great little place...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The service here is not stellar and the place is very small, but the food is delicious, authentic Indian. Make a reservation if you plan to go on weekends as they have very limited seating and they fill up early. They also do take-out which is good, but I still prefer the dining experience and the atmosphere of this little bistro. Don't be put off by the fact that it's in a strip mall near The Falls! There is ample parking and outdoor seating. It is on the expensive side, but well worth it.

Visited May 2014
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Have been dining at Imlee for years. Sorry to see the decline in food quality and quantity and service; meanwhile the price of the lunch buffet has increased to $25. Lunch felt rushed and unwelcome and server was listless and uninterested in our party. Omitted several items from our order and disappeared for long periods of time. Owner (I believe) briefly appeared in dining room and walked out without greeting us or inquiring about our meal. Would love to go back if improvements were made, but probably will not until hear differently. Maybe that was why we were the only customers at the time.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I had seen positive reviews about Imlee and wanted to try it. I was in Pinecrest so went for lunch. First of all the restaurant is very small, it's impossible not to hear every other conversation going on in the room. If you can hear others that clearly you know they can hear you too. Secondly I take issue with the fact that they advertise having a buffet. I think most of us would agree that a buffet is where you go and pick out the items you want, ignore those you don't want, and eat as little or as much as you want. No so at Imlee. The buffet is actually a family style meal. The bring out small portions of what the chef has prepared that morning. If you don't like dal, too bad, there it is. The portions of the protein dishes are very small, when I went it was chicken and fish. The fish was just 4 small bite sized pieces. It wasn't even very good fish, the texture was mushy and it lacked flavor. I've eaten a lot of Indian food and this was at the bottom. Plus at $20 per person it just isn't worth that type of money. The nan was decent but one of the sauces was something awful, not tamarind,, not plum, I don't have a clue but it didn't matter much because the waiter spilled water all over our table, barely missing my friend and we had to move to a different table and he never brought over the sauces. The only part of the meal we liked was the ice cream. The waiter said it's only supposed to be one per person but he was going to give us each one to provide us with the best service. What a joke. So here are the facts from my point of view. Small place, poor service, not very good food. Would I go back - not even if it were free.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere