“Food is ok but watch your bill!” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SW 128th Street and South Dixie Highway
Cutler Bay Fl
“Food is ok but watch your bill!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant several times. I really enjoy your food, although a bit pricey I have recommended to many. But I am very disappointed in your billing practices. And can no longer recommend.
Last time I was there I was brought the wrong entree, I was then told to keep the other and take home and was brought the correct one " on the house" When I checked the bill when I got home was charged for both.
Today I went with a Freind that had been eager to try due to my recommendation.I informed the server we would be ordering buffet today. it is $20 per person. I expected to be provided a menu to choose from but instead was brought 4 dishes. A lamb dish, two other small bite size pieces of lamb on separate plate , one cheese dish, one lentil and one chick pea. neither of us like lamb. When we informed our server we do not like lamb. He made no effort to offer alternate. He said that is what the buffet brings. I asked if can bring us chicken He only offered one choice and he did provide it.
Here is the problem.
1. I should of been informed how the buffet works. If we do not have a choice we should be told and we would of ordered reg lunch menu.
2. I should of not been charged full price for chicken dish.
3. We were each charged buffet price but " shared" the appetizer, desert and main dishes ( normally 4-5 assorted entrees according to website)
Server appeared to be handling all tables and did not have time to provide us the attention we needed. He brought us all the dishes without saying what they were.
I feel I have been taken advantage of and will not be going back or continue to recommend.

Visited May 2014

58% Recommend
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Was really hungry after visiting Miami zoo. Looking for some nearby Indian restaurant and Imlee was one. Ambiance really good as well as the food. We ordered 3-4 indian delicacies and all were mouth watering.
Appreciate the staff service and amiability.

Good to be there.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Imlee--once a gem now terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I have never seen a restaurant fall quite so much in every conceivable way. We have eaten there on numerous occasions, always with deep pleasure. We felt loyal to the place. But it seems that since they began their Groupon promotion, the service has grown listless and the culinary achievement even worse. Almost nothing seemed fresh, in place of the tangy, spicy dishes of the past, those we ate felt reheated, oddly heavy, and uninteresting. The wait staff in the past seemed genuinely friendly and interested in good service but no longer. We were left profoundly disappointed in a place that had once been wholly satisfying and are not planning a return visit.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Midwest
“Excellent food and quality service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

The options for Indian food appear a bit limited in South Miami where we are staying, so we decided on Imlee based on a current Restaurant.com promo and reviews here. Several reviews mentioned it is small, so we decided to go quite early on a Saturday for dinner and made 5:30 reservations, which made us the first guests by a few minutes. However it did not take long for the restaurant to start filling up, so I really do think reservations are a good idea.

We ordered our entrees:Two chicken vindaloo, one medium hot and one extra hot. Both were excellent, with well developed flavors and levels of spices. For the extra hot one, they didn't just throw in extra chili powder/peppers like we've experienced at other places, which just alters the flavors and makes it less of a dish and more of a Man vs. Food experiment. This was just good Vindaloo, which should be hot because of the spices used for flavor. The extra hot one just had more flavors along with the heat, the way it should be. Well done Imlee! I also give them a big thumbs up for the chunky raita and well done garlic naan, both of which were very good.

Our waiter was attentive and got everything right, refilled glasses quickly without being asked, took the money off for our Restaurant.com certificate without question or complaint, and was very pleasant. We were served quickly and efficiently without ever feeling rushed.

I've seen a few comments on the prices...menu rates on entrees were mostly in the $15-$20 range (our Vindaloo were $16.95 each), and this is the typical range we've seen amongst the Indian places we've been to across Florida (i.e. Broward Co., Orlando, Cocoa Beach, Sarasota) in the past year. In fact I'd say most of the US falls in that range for a dinner entrée in an Indian restaurant, so I'm not sure why people think this is 'pricey', it's just pretty much average prices for Indian.

Drawbacks: it is tiny inside. Make reservations on busy nights. You can do it with Open Table (if you're reading this there is a link right here on Trip Advisor).

Overall, 5* based on the quality flavors and good service. Definitely some of the best Indian we've had in Florida.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mississauga, Canada
“Amazing service and great indian food in Miami.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Myself, along with my family visited Imlee when on vacation from Toronto. Upon arrival we were asked to wait outside until our table was ready. When we were seated, we were greeted by the waiters and host who were pleasant and friendly. They went out of their way to make us feel at home even bringing us potatoes that were on the house. The food we ordered was lamb rogan josh, daal tharka, vegetable biriyani, chicken curry and vegetable korma. They had large quantities of each dish and it was delicious. It was hard to see the menu however as the lighting was extremly dim. Manoj the owner treated us as if we were coming to his home and the wait staff Ricky and Prashant attended to our every need. We had a great time. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are craving delicious indian food in Miami.

Visited March 2014

Been to Imlee. An Indian Bistro? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Imlee. An Indian Bistro, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.