“Indian food in Miami” 5 of 5 stars

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SW 128th Street and South Dixie Highway
“Indian food in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

The decor was somewhat basic, but the food was very good.

I was with an Englism Male friend who is a vegetenarian wo managed to get hi extra spicy food and enjoy his meal with a couple of Indian Beers.

Very few people that I know in the US would make any effort to eat Indian food, but I will try to encourage a few that I believe would enjoy it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Austin, Texas
“Spicy Spicy !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Good place & decor. Maku sure you say medium spicy level for your food ordered :) This place has some really hot spice levels..
If you are planning to come here ? Make sure you grab a Mango lassi & you'll love it.

Miami, Florida
“Getting ready to visit India - local "training"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I am leaving for for India for the first time in 2 weeks so decided to start "training" in learning the foods. A friend suggested Imlee and I am so glad they did. A small and intimate restuarant. Make sure to have a reservation. When we opened the door, the delightful aroma greated us. It was a busy night and there was only one waitress and she was gracious and handled her many tables with ease. The wine we ordered was not available and her suggestion was excellent with the mean we ordered. We will go back after our trip and see how they really compare with the real thing.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Best Indian food in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We have had Indian food in London, New York and all over Miami and believe our meal the other day was the best we ever had. The staff and owner was very helpful. Upon the owners recommendation we started with lamb chop appetizers which were amazing. We followed this with a vegetarian egg plant dis and their signature chicken dish (moderate spicy). The owner recommended the plain non to offset the spiceyness of the food which was a great recommendation. The non was freshly made and perhaps the best we have ever had.

Imlee is actually in Pinecrest and not in SouthMiami as the TA web site says.

Great place good atmosphere. Don't hesitate to go.

Visited October 2013
Miami, Florida
“Come on Imlee, improve the quality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

If Imlee were in a location with other Indian restaurants, I am pretty sure it would be out of business very quickly. I want to like Imlee since I live nearby and love Indian food, but I have to say it is definitely mediocre standard and very overpriced. The dishes do not have the freshness in terms of many restaurants I know, in the sense that they seem to smother the food with sauce but lacking in vegetables and finer spices. I also laugh every time they bring the mango chutney which you pay for and yet is a tiny portion. And not very good. You'd be better off making a Patak's curry at home and using the Major Gray chutney.
Come on Imlee, we want a great Indian restaurant in the area! Make a great one, and you will be flooded with people. Otherwise, a new one may come and you will struggle.

• Visited May 2013