“Great Indian Food But Service Needs Improvement” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SW 128th Street and South Dixie Highway
Miami, Florida
“Great Indian Food But Service Needs Improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We have patronized Imlee regularly and enjoy their food. Their dishes are wonderfully prepared and delicious. So far I would say the cooking has been more or less consistent.

The restaurant is small and has very limited seating. Parking is plentiful for this shopping center location.

I provide an average rating as I find the service can be slow and inattentive when refilling drinks or water. I have also felt rushed to eat and that is not pleasant. Maybe they want quick table turn over, but I would at least like to enjoy my food.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

56% Recommend
Miami
“Food always good, service has improved!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We had a business dinner here on a Wednesday night and I have to admit, the service has improved since I was last here a few months ago. The food has always been excellent but I was impressed. Unfortunately they did not have the bottle of wine we wanted to order but a substitute was recommended by the waiter and was good. We had the appetizer specials, both were good and then the always delicious mango curry, a lamb korma and a shrimp tikka - all great. The nan bread with the raisins and almonds is delicious, I have never wanted any other type after I tried this one here. We also had the eggplant dish that I can spell but sounds like begin bhata! All dishes were hot and served together. Mango chutney and cucumber raita on the side completed a fabulous meal. Congrats to Imlee for improving their service, it's still not perfect but it's definitely better! Make a reservation - it's always packed even on weeknights.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
floRida
“Eight different kinds of nan. Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

What's better than nan? Eight kinds of nan. We had the regular nan (yum) and the garlic nan. The garlic nan was delicious on its own. We thought it changed the taste of our sauce and overpowered it. We had the chicken madras and lamb korma. The chicken had way too much sauce and a limited amount of chicken but it was delicious. The lamb was great with a nice thick sauce. The rice was perfectly made. For dessert? What else but gulab jamun. They serve it with sliced almonds and it was firm but not dense. The place is tiny. Hope you like being close to your fellow diners - which we don't mind at all. With a couple of beers our bill was $80 so not an inexpensive choice but I will definitely return.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

i went there last night with my friends, this place has the best indian food ever, and the best service too, the waiters took very good care of us, they made my day, i was so happy to be there and give them a chance, thank u again, sorry didnt get ur names otherwise i would have send u a special thanks from me through TripAdvisor, plz keep ur service and the place and the food the way they are, its perfect, and i will definitely come back :)

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great Indian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I love Imlee, simple down to earth place, you go there for food, the service is slllooowww and well not so nice, but my last trip, they had a younger nicer staff, though it still took and hour to seat us.
The curry, the Tikka masala, the nan, the next day I was ready to go again, it's quite light regardless of sauces and rice and bread you eat.

• Visited February 2013