“Food always good, service has improved!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SW 128th Street and South Dixie Highway
Miami
“Food always good, service has improved!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We had a business dinner here on a Wednesday night and I have to admit, the service has improved since I was last here a few months ago. The food has always been excellent but I was impressed. Unfortunately they did not have the bottle of wine we wanted to order but a substitute was recommended by the waiter and was good. We had the appetizer specials, both were good and then the always delicious mango curry, a lamb korma and a shrimp tikka - all great. The nan bread with the raisins and almonds is delicious, I have never wanted any other type after I tried this one here. We also had the eggplant dish that I can spell but sounds like begin bhata! All dishes were hot and served together. Mango chutney and cucumber raita on the side completed a fabulous meal. Congrats to Imlee for improving their service, it's still not perfect but it's definitely better! Make a reservation - it's always packed even on weeknights.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

floRida
“Eight different kinds of nan. Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

What's better than nan? Eight kinds of nan. We had the regular nan (yum) and the garlic nan. The garlic nan was delicious on its own. We thought it changed the taste of our sauce and overpowered it. We had the chicken madras and lamb korma. The chicken had way too much sauce and a limited amount of chicken but it was delicious. The lamb was great with a nice thick sauce. The rice was perfectly made. For dessert? What else but gulab jamun. They serve it with sliced almonds and it was firm but not dense. The place is tiny. Hope you like being close to your fellow diners - which we don't mind at all. With a couple of beers our bill was $80 so not an inexpensive choice but I will definitely return.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

i went there last night with my friends, this place has the best indian food ever, and the best service too, the waiters took very good care of us, they made my day, i was so happy to be there and give them a chance, thank u again, sorry didnt get ur names otherwise i would have send u a special thanks from me through TripAdvisor, plz keep ur service and the place and the food the way they are, its perfect, and i will definitely come back :)

• Visited April 2013
“Great Indian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I love Imlee, simple down to earth place, you go there for food, the service is slllooowww and well not so nice, but my last trip, they had a younger nicer staff, though it still took and hour to seat us.
The curry, the Tikka masala, the nan, the next day I was ready to go again, it's quite light regardless of sauces and rice and bread you eat.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“We drove many miles to get to it in very rainy weather and it was all worth it. We give an A+ to this lovely gem.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Out of curiosity, last October I purchased a coupon for a meal at Imlee, filed it and forgot about it. I found it right when it was about to expire. I love good Indian food- authentic and earthy- and was curious about Imlee. The weather was awful and we drove several miles to the restaurant worrying that we were going to miss our scheduled reservation. When we called ahead we were politely advised they were fully booked but would do their best to accomodate us. When we finally arrived and apologized for being tardy we were seated with a smile. That's set the tone for a wonderful evening at Imlee. Our servers were very professional and warm. They were very busy and of coursed rushed bit that did not stop them from being attentive. The food was excellent. We have enjoyed Indian food all over the world- sometimes in award winning and very high-end restaurants- yet I would put our meal at Imlee right up there with the best. The portions at Imlee were abundant, the preparation exquisite and the menu variety impressive. Curries were outstanding, appetizers to die for (I have never seen such a large puffy vegetable samosa) and the variety of delicious bread was enough to make us want to sit there with a bowl of creamy curry sauce and just mop up and enjoy with Kingfisher beer. We ate so much that we had no room for dessert and yet took half of our dinner portions home! The restaurant is warm and cozy yet small so many tables are close to one another so don't expect a luxurious setting in that respect, but be sure that the service, the warmth of the staff- hard working, nonstop- and the outstanding food is enough to make you a fan of this modest,yet magnificent, treasure. We will definitely return and wish Imlee ongoing well-deserved and well-earned success. Mikki and Pablo Canton