“Good Indian food but not exceptional” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SW 128th Street and South Dixie Highway
Miami, Fl., USA
“Good Indian food but not exceptional”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Nice ambience with Indian music. Waiter in a big hurry , did not discuss selections or offered selections. Ordered fish in curry sauce. Too much sauce, not enough fish. Took sauce home and made another meal out of it. wife had shis kabab, which wererolls of 'gyro" type meat, good taste.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

56% Recommend
Homestead, FL
“One of my favorite restaurants in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I've been to Imlee many times, and I cant believe Im just getting around to reviewing it! This is a very authentic and delicious Indian restaurant. There is lots to choose from on their menu and Ive never beejn disappointed. I almost almost order lamb (Curry, Kafta Curry, Korma, etc) but my favorite is their Naan....I think I've tried them all! The spicy paneer naan and garlic naan are to die for... This is a small, cozy restaurant, so make reservations or come for an early dinner or lunch(they open at 5:30pm for dinner(they close 3pm-5:30, between lunch/dinner)--Otherwise you'll be waiting outside for a table. The prices are not on the cheap side, but I think you get what you pay for--generous portions and great taste. The only item I've never liked is dessert. I've ordered most of them and have never been impressed by anything...In fact, the Gajjr Halwa was not very appealing at all, since its look and consistency looked like my cat's food. SO---Defintely come here again and again for their wonderful food and bread, but I'd advise against dessert if you're more of a chocolates, pies, etc type of person...

• Visited August 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“One of the best I've been to”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My family and I enjoy Indian cuisine regularly. While on a visit to Miami we stopped into Imlee. I ordered Samosas as an appetizer and the chicken Biryani for my entree. Both were excellent. The samosas was light and slight spicy and the biryani contained chunks of white meat instead of just a couple of bone-in pieces. My wife has a cauliflower dish which she loved. Service was excellent. Of all the Indian places we've been to, Imlee is one of our favorites.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami, Florida, USA
“Good quality Indian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Small Indian restaurant with authentic tastes. Friendly staff and decent values. Reservations suggested.

Miami
“Worth several visits”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Been here a couple visits by the time I’m writing this just because this place is so good I had to keep going back. I’ve been through a lot of the menu at this point and haven’t ever been disappointed. I’ll often order several courses and the kitchen always paces it out nicely. The wait staff will ask how spicy to make the food. I started off medium, but now go extra spicy. Extra spicy has a kick, but nothing to be afraid of. The items that come sauced are sauced heavily, but the rice is separate so you can measure the out to your liking. I’ve found their best dishes to be the fish and vegetarian dishes. The one item I’d point out as a surprise was the mint naan. I’m a huge naan fan, and all their naans have been great, but the mint was something unexpected and shouldn’t be missed. The fried items are lightly fried, crispy and golden. The only downsides are the decoration and ambiance is dated, but in a classic way if you like that. For example the menu is truly a tome, which is difficult to page through.

• Visited August 2012