“One of the best I've been to” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SW 128th Street and South Dixie Highway
Charlotte, North Carolina
“One of the best I've been to”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My family and I enjoy Indian cuisine regularly. While on a visit to Miami we stopped into Imlee. I ordered Samosas as an appetizer and the chicken Biryani for my entree. Both were excellent. The samosas was light and slight spicy and the biryani contained chunks of white meat instead of just a couple of bone-in pieces. My wife has a cauliflower dish which she loved. Service was excellent. Of all the Indian places we've been to, Imlee is one of our favorites.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Miami, Florida, USA
“Good quality Indian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Small Indian restaurant with authentic tastes. Friendly staff and decent values. Reservations suggested.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami
“Worth several visits”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Been here a couple visits by the time I’m writing this just because this place is so good I had to keep going back. I’ve been through a lot of the menu at this point and haven’t ever been disappointed. I’ll often order several courses and the kitchen always paces it out nicely. The wait staff will ask how spicy to make the food. I started off medium, but now go extra spicy. Extra spicy has a kick, but nothing to be afraid of. The items that come sauced are sauced heavily, but the rice is separate so you can measure the out to your liking. I’ve found their best dishes to be the fish and vegetarian dishes. The one item I’d point out as a surprise was the mint naan. I’m a huge naan fan, and all their naans have been great, but the mint was something unexpected and shouldn’t be missed. The fried items are lightly fried, crispy and golden. The only downsides are the decoration and ambiance is dated, but in a classic way if you like that. For example the menu is truly a tome, which is difficult to page through.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami, Florida
“Expensive hot food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

It was expensive for what we got and the food was only hot. The ladies bathroom was filthy. This is not conductive to feel comfortable with the food you are eating. How clean is the kitchen? The server was pushy for the most expensive dishes. I will not go there again.

Visited October 2012
Miami, Florida
“Delicious Indian food in Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant is on a strip mall, very easy to miss but when you enter the place was very cozy. The food was excellent . The lamb appetizer, delicious . The only complaint that we had was that the waiter was pushing for the most expensive items on the menu and when the food was brought to the table of 5 didn't specify which plate belongs to who? A little disappointed, but overall the food was great.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere