“Tastey food, Horrible service” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 58 Restaurants in South Miami
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Cuban
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Delivery
“Tastey food, Horrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

1909 is a sorry excuse for a deli. Their sandwitches aren't bad but the side salads are absolutely awful, don't bother getting one. The service is a joke, i was told 5 minutes over the phone, i arrived 15 mins later, and nothing was ready. The woman was completely incompetant. She didnt make the salad because they were out of one ingerdient. Then she failed to tell me it was $3 more for a dofferent meat. When i got home the sandwitch was wrong. Never go to this place, especially if you are from NY and know what a real deli is like.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Worse service because of one worker they should fire because she is soooo dumb.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This one worker is so dumb that every time I go i find myself getting the wrong order and having to deal with her stupidity in conversation. The food is really great and that's why I have gone Back so many times but this is the last straw with this woman. I don't know why she hasn't been fired yet.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Islamorada, Florida, United States
“Great sandwiches and salads.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Their daily specials are always great! Soups and sandwiches are fresh and very tasty. Staff could be a little friendlier.

Visited July 2012
Miami, Florida
“Yum Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

They have great soups and sandwiches. My favorite is the Turkey Francais sandwich. The place is small, but they have tables outside. The staff has always been super nice, and the service is quick. I love to eat there!

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
coral gables
“Horrible Food, Bad Service, Bad Ambiance”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

This is basically a sandwich shop, which is just what my partner and I wanted. We found the place on Trip Advisor and the ratings were good. But we were really dissappointed with the food more than anything. I ordered the Pesto Chicken Sandwich and he ordered the Medeterranean Turkey (which he liked ok, although it had globs of alfalfa sprouts on top---so much so that you couldn't even see the sandwich. My Pesto Chicken Sandwich on the other hand was as if someone had found it in a garbage can and slopped some chicken on it with some old pesto sauce from a jar and REALLY unripe tomatoes. I mean, almost green. Really? It's a sandwich shop. Give me a break. At least they should be using really red, ripe, roma tomatoes and not almost-green ones that they have had in a refridgerator overnight that have ice crystals on them. We concluded that we could have gone to Publix Supermarket and made out own sandwich for a lot less money (by the way, these two sandwiches and a diet coke were almost $19). Also, they offer these really crappy side dishes that come with the sandwiches. They come in a little tiny plastic container the size of those you find at chipootle for their sauces. But we didn't mind the small containers and small quantity in this case because the side dishes were awful. I chose the potato salad and my partner got the pasta salad. Again, just bad flavor and most of all, NOT fresh. We took one bite of each and threw them both in the garbage. The service wasn't horrible, but the girls working there were too busy BSing around with each other to really make us feel welcome. No suggestions were made on food. No smiles, nothing. Just "next customer" was our greeting and it was obvious they just wanted to take our order and move on to the next guest. They didn't make us feel welcome. The ambiance: this place is in a run-down strip mall and at first we sat at their tables outside in the parking lot, but it was too cold so we moved inside. If the food and service had been great, it wouldn't have been a big deal. But on top of the horrible food and lousy service, it really topped off an overall BAD experience.

• Visited January 2011