“Best Sushi in town!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Syracuse, New York
“Best Sushi in town!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I rarely visit Miami but when I do I always like to make a stop at Akashi. The sushi here is great I love the fact that they have nice small portions unlike other places where it's more rice than actual ingredients. Their crab salad is to die for I highly recommend it! The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is because the location is a bit small and you do have to wait for a long period if their full. But other than that GREAT place!

77% Recommend
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Sushi in Miami”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Miami doesn't have great sushi restaurants. Comparing Akashi to sushi places elsewhere, will be, therefore, unfair. A very small place, low ceilings and very noisy - difficult to carry out a conversation without the people sitting next to you overhearing everything you say.
The food is acceptable but not great. The sushi/sashimi selection is not great. It is, however, one of the better sushi places in Miami. If you need something better, my advice is don't eat sushi in Miami. Wait until you go to Seattle, Vancouver, Honolulu or even New York City.

Visited March 2014
“Poor customer service! Food not that great!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

My family took my husband and I to this place because we were visiting from out of town in August 2012. To start off the place itself is too small and tight. When we first arrived I noticed another customer at a table dropped their silverware and the waitress just picked it up and gave it back to the customer, didn't even bother to get a new one-disgusting! This should have alerted us to the kind of service we were to receive. Our waitress started off ok but when we returned a food item (beef negimaki) because it was burnt to a crisp she flipped out and started to be rude to us. My husband had the salmon and I the steak- nothing exciting and way over cooked! We informed our waitress of our discontent with the meal and she rolled her eyes and stated that is the way it comes! My aunt wanted to treat us and I insisted that a tip could not be left for this waitress. I ALWAYS tip and rarely do I get treated so badly that I feel the person doesn't deserve one but this was extreme! As we were leaving the restaurant my aunt must have signed the customer copy and not the original because this waitress runs out after us demanding her signature and then had the audacity to ask why we didn't leave a tip saying "was my service that bad? " we said yes she then proceeded to snatch the signed receipt out of my aunt's hands even scratching her and ran back inside! I obviously went right after this waitress and demanded to speak with a manager or supervisor. Not suprisingly all the workers stated the manager was not there and I demanded and stated there must be someone in charge. The front line staff pointed to the man in the back rolling the sushi. When I approached him he shrugged his shoulders and said he wasn't in charge. At that point I decided to leave. Called the next day got the same reply that the manager was on vacation to call back. No one ever answered my call. I also emailed and no reply! So unprofessional. Looking back we should have stopped payment on the card and even called the police on that waitress for becoming violent with an older person! Even though a year has passed I haven't forgotten this experience. I'm currently planning my next trip to FL and now I look on trip advisor for reviews. I came across this restaurant and felt impelled to write about it so others can know.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“One of the best Sushi places in Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have been coming here for years. Other than NAOE which you will pay A LOT for this is by far the best sushi place in Miami. the food is always fresh and tasty and the service is usually always spot on. I will be coming here for years to come.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Excellent food, but the place is too small!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The food here is amazing... the Alex#2 roll... is a "MUST TRY" it has been my fav roll for years now and only Akashi has it!!!.. the salads are tasty... the service is good enough but the place gets really crowded... the wait times are always long and the tables are way too close one from eachother... with all the people that goes there and the tasty the food is, I am sure they have money enough to invest a little and make this place a bit bigger... It would def help!

• Visited May 2013