“Unique Spanish resto in heart of South Beach” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 56 Restaurants in South Miami
Cuisines: Spanish
Cleveland, Ohio
“Unique Spanish resto in heart of South Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

My best friend and I recently traveled to South Beach and one night were looking for a unique place to eat to fulfill our foodie appetites. We found this restaurant on Yelp and were not disappointed. We decided on the tasting menu and selected items that were on the more expensive side as this was the best value (6 dishes plus dessert and cava - Spanish sparking wine); My favorite by far was the escargot and rabbit sausage dish, I still crave it to this day! We were just disappointed they weren't cooking octopus that day as I'm sure it would have been delicious. I was adventurous during this meal and glad I was. Word to the wise for patio eaters, this place draws a lot of European diners, which means the terrace is smoke-filled. The only reason I did not give this place 5 stars was that the service began great, but then started to lack as the meal went on and the restaurant got busier.

• Visited October 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Perfection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

If you want to experience Spanish food at its best then here is the place to visit while in miami. Not only will you get a true taste of Spain (in your mouth) but you will get a taste of what Spain's atmosphere is like! The decor, the music, the service....
Everything was up to mark. Timely service. Good drinks. Amazing flavor in food.
Put this on your must try list for miami!!!

• Visited November 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami, Florida
“Dissapointed....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

Too little food for price and the drinks were poor as well
I asked for a Margarita and it took three tries to get a decent Margarita....

Visited September 2014
Miami
“Great food but too noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2014

I thought the food was excellent except for the rice dish which I understand had to be "al dente" according to waiter but was "uncooked" instead. The waiter said the "chef" would not accept for me to ask for it to be a little more cooked because of the "type of rice" used and this is the was it was supossed to be served. Well I've eaten at many, many places in Spain and the "al dente" has always been acceptable. Other than that everything else was delicious, good combination of flavors. Could be it was a saturday night, but we could not hear each other, conversation was an effort. Music too loud for my taste. Other than that I did like the concept of ordering 6 items from the Bistro menu. Desserts were very good.

• Visited October 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Will return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

My girlfriends and I were looking for a quiet place to catch up, drink good wine, and possibly nibble on some snacks. We are in our mid-30s and live in different cities, so we weren't looking for a scene. We wanted to hear each other speak. We gave Barceloneta a try because it was fairly quiet and had a nice atmosphere. The wine list features wines from Spain with a nice range of prices. There were plenty of reasonable bottles to choose from. Of course, we got hungry, and everything we ordered was delicious - manchego with chorizo and jamon serrano (which came with beautifully toasted bread with olive oil and fig jam), patatas bravas, octopus, and roasted brussel sprouts. Amazing night, I think this will be our go-to place when meeting up in Miami.

• Visited September 2014