“small portions and very expensive” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sunset Drive & 74th Street
Description: Whisk Gourmet provides homestyle food using fresh, local, and organic ingredients. Come try Chef Brendan"s contemporary American cuisine with Lo'Country influence. We welcome reservations for parties of 6 or more only. All other guests will be seated on a first come first serve basis.
Miami, Florida
“small portions and very expensive”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

My experience wasn't a good one. My wife ordered a salad for twelve dollars and I was in shock when I saw the huge plate with just a very small amount of salad in the corner, which included a small slice of mozzarella, two small slices of tomato, and two lettuce leaves. Wouldn't you expect more food for something that is worth twelve dollars?! My friend also ordered the fried rice for twelve dollars, which was tasteless. For six dollars more, you can add chicken, but who would pay eighteen dollars for fried rice?! My other friend said that the hamburger was good, but fifteen dollars for a hamburger with only chips instead of French fries? What a rip off! The chair that I sat on was very wobbly and I felt like I was going to collapse. I left with such a hunger, that I decided to go to the Cheesecake Factory and ordered Thai lettuce wraps for the same price that I paid for the little salad. What a difference, the Thai lettuce wraps were so scrumptious. I wish the Whisk owner could compare the Thai lettuce wraps with his little salad. I don't mean to offend anyone, but if I knew this, I could have avoided that place.

Visited June 2013

Potomac, Maryland
“Great local spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

A local friend recommended this restaurant for lunch and we are so glad he did. My wife had the fried green tomato and bacon sandwich. It was amazing! I had the panko fried mahi sandwich. It was equally good, fried crispy but the fish was tasty and juicy. My son had one of their famous burgers which again was amazing. The best burger I've tasted in many years. I would order any of the items again but the food being delivered to the other tables look so good I will probably try something new.

• Visited June 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Unimpressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I had lunch here and not being very hungry I ordered macaroni cheese. Food was barely warm although the waiter reheated it and he was nice enough. The food tasted old with soggy macaroni, maybe because it was 2 pm and it had been sitting in the kitchen for hours. it cost $8.95, way too much for a small bowl. The restaurant was noisy and the experience was disappointing.

• 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Tanzy1
Miami, Florida
“Good meal each visit.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Whisk is consistently good. Yes, the parking is a problem - as it is almost everywhere in Miami, and the service could be better - again, as is true of most places in Miami - but the food is tasty, artful, satisfying, and fun for a night out with friends. The bacon wrapped dates, fried green tomatoes, fried chicken, turkey/cran salad are all good. My shrimp and grits were almost perfect but could have used a little more salt and seasoning. The waiter on our last visit was friendly if a little scattered. Overall, a good experience.

Weston, Florida
“Great little gem in South Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Ok. Here goes. If your looking for a neat little nooky place for a satisfying gourmet meal then Whisk is your place. Start with the appetizer of dates or fried green tomatoes unless a bbq quail suits your fancy. For an entree I had the shrimp and grits with cremini mushrooms. Great flavor and texture to this dish made me overlook the size of the shrimp which should be a little bigger. My wife enjoyed the vegetable platter which had tomatoes and a host of other delectable vegetables. The entrees list is chocked full of different items to suit whatever you are looking for. They only take reservations if you have a party of six and the place is not that big so consider yourself warned. Nice wine list although I could enhance it so much more. The beers offered are varied and interesting. I recommend Whisk in South Miami wholeheartedly.