“Great local spot” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sunset Drive & 74th Street
Description: Whisk Gourmet provides homestyle food using fresh, local, and organic ingredients. Come try Chef Brendan"s contemporary American cuisine with Lo'Country influence. We welcome reservations for parties of 6 or more only. All other guests will be seated on a first come first serve basis.
Potomac, Maryland
“Great local spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

A local friend recommended this restaurant for lunch and we are so glad he did. My wife had the fried green tomato and bacon sandwich. It was amazing! I had the panko fried mahi sandwich. It was equally good, fried crispy but the fish was tasty and juicy. My son had one of their famous burgers which again was amazing. The best burger I've tasted in many years. I would order any of the items again but the food being delivered to the other tables look so good I will probably try something new.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

89% Recommend
Los Angeles, California
“Unimpressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I had lunch here and not being very hungry I ordered macaroni cheese. Food was barely warm although the waiter reheated it and he was nice enough. The food tasted old with soggy macaroni, maybe because it was 2 pm and it had been sitting in the kitchen for hours. it cost $8.95, way too much for a small bowl. The restaurant was noisy and the experience was disappointing.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Good meal each visit.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Whisk is consistently good. Yes, the parking is a problem - as it is almost everywhere in Miami, and the service could be better - again, as is true of most places in Miami - but the food is tasty, artful, satisfying, and fun for a night out with friends. The bacon wrapped dates, fried green tomatoes, fried chicken, turkey/cran salad are all good. My shrimp and grits were almost perfect but could have used a little more salt and seasoning. The waiter on our last visit was friendly if a little scattered. Overall, a good experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Weston, Florida
“Great little gem in South Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Ok. Here goes. If your looking for a neat little nooky place for a satisfying gourmet meal then Whisk is your place. Start with the appetizer of dates or fried green tomatoes unless a bbq quail suits your fancy. For an entree I had the shrimp and grits with cremini mushrooms. Great flavor and texture to this dish made me overlook the size of the shrimp which should be a little bigger. My wife enjoyed the vegetable platter which had tomatoes and a host of other delectable vegetables. The entrees list is chocked full of different items to suit whatever you are looking for. They only take reservations if you have a party of six and the place is not that big so consider yourself warned. Nice wine list although I could enhance it so much more. The beers offered are varied and interesting. I recommend Whisk in South Miami wholeheartedly.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
miami, fl
“Shrimp and grits, fried green tomatoes, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Tracy and I visited this little restaurant in south miami for he first time. We've had a few recommends from friends and family members.

It always looks busy and we hate busy. But... We got in at 7 pm, got a table in 5 minutes and thought, this was easy. The wine recommendation from our waitress was excellent, Italian red. Light and dry. Just the way I like it.

We ordered fried green tomatoes for an app. Tomato was fresh and hardy. The breaking was crispy and savory, a delight.

For dinner I ordered the shrimp and grits. It was a bit spicy which is a nice addition to the savory dish. The grits were not too cheesy and the shrimp were almost crunchy, delicious,

Tracy ordered the seared beef with rice and spinach. The beef was cooked right and tender. And the rice almost crispy, also delicious, and worth a try. Tracy felt the spinach was a bit too buttery. But still a very nice dish.

We skipped dessert but the selections looked uniquely exquisite and will probably try one next time we are in. Which we will.

We were in and out in 1:15 minutes. Our server was delightful and available at all times.

This was a nice find near us. We will come back. Soon,

• Visited April 2013