“Great Lunch Spot” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sunset Drive & 74th Street
Description: Whisk Gourmet provides homestyle food using fresh, local, and organic ingredients. Come try Chef Brendan"s contemporary American cuisine with Lo'Country influence. We welcome reservations for parties of 6 or more only. All other guests will be seated on a first come first serve basis.
Cambridge, MA
“Great Lunch Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We were looking for a place to get lunch after spending the morning at the Fairchild Tropical Garden and before heading to the airport and thanks to TA we found this place. We also managed to get the last parking spot in the lot so didn't have the experience others note here about parking problems. I ordered the fried chicken and spinach salad which was very good. The salad dressing it came with was nice and light and not overpowering. The fried chicken was a good combination of crispy yet juicy. My husband had a fried grouper sandwich which was also quite good. We got a side order of cornbread to eat on our flight home and that didn't disappoint either. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful (and cute). The wine he suggested was also delicious. We feel very fortunate to have happened upon this place out of the blue.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Miami, Florida
“you can't go wrong with a lunch at Whisk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

People from Coral Gables and South Miami flock to Whisk for lunch on a daily basis. The food is awesome. What detracts from Whisk is that the parking is a challenge. They have a nice bar and the staff is well trained. The menu has a wide variety with a southern flair.. Everyone loves Whisk so you will find something you love there. If you are in a hurry at lunch Whisk has take out as well. Enjoy.

• Visited March 2013
“Surprising”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Good food with large portions. Service was very good and the food was very tasty. The steak plate is savory and the jasmine rice was just right.

Miami
“Great little restaurant with home style food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I came to this place because of TA's reviews. The parking is a bit of a problem and PLEASE if you drive an SUV, please make sure you do not take 2 parking spots. The parking is limited right in front of the restaurant and I do not like thoughtless drivers.

The food is very good. Great sandwiches. I love the fact that they wrap them in paper and that the bread and the thick sliced bacon are great tasting. Everything is "a la carte" so side dishes are extra. The warm homemade cornbread was tasty. My daughter ordered the Ceviche and she said it was excellent.

The only mishap we had was with our waiter. He floated by he did not seem interested in the table he was taking care of, totally forgot our drinks which the lady that brought our food to the table was nice enough to bring the drinks for us. When we finished eating I was not about to leave without letting our waiter know he forgot our drinks, his response was a not very honest sounding "I'm sorry" and that was it.

I guess when I return, AND I shall return, the food is good, I will not leave without letting the Manager know if I encounter any issues.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The minute you walk thru the door the deliciousness hits you and thats when you realize you're about to be well fed. Its a charming space. Whisk doesn't have a huge lunch menu and I understand why; every menu item (appetizers, salads, sandwiches) is done right. All the components are top notch. Beautifully marinated pork, perfectly fried chicken, beautifully baked bread, amazing sauces, fresh greens and veggies; I could go on and on! Did I mention they have Mason jars of awesomeness for you to drink out of. Wish we had more places like this in Miami.