“you can't go wrong with a lunch at Whisk” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sunset Drive & 74th Street
Description: Whisk Gourmet provides homestyle food using fresh, local, and organic ingredients. Come try Chef Brendan"s contemporary American cuisine with Lo'Country influence. We welcome reservations for parties of 6 or more only. All other guests will be seated on a first come first serve basis.
Miami, Florida
“you can't go wrong with a lunch at Whisk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

People from Coral Gables and South Miami flock to Whisk for lunch on a daily basis. The food is awesome. What detracts from Whisk is that the parking is a challenge. They have a nice bar and the staff is well trained. The menu has a wide variety with a southern flair.. Everyone loves Whisk so you will find something you love there. If you are in a hurry at lunch Whisk has take out as well. Enjoy.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

88% Recommend
“Surprising”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Good food with large portions. Service was very good and the food was very tasty. The steak plate is savory and the jasmine rice was just right.

Miami
“Great little restaurant with home style food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I came to this place because of TA's reviews. The parking is a bit of a problem and PLEASE if you drive an SUV, please make sure you do not take 2 parking spots. The parking is limited right in front of the restaurant and I do not like thoughtless drivers.

The food is very good. Great sandwiches. I love the fact that they wrap them in paper and that the bread and the thick sliced bacon are great tasting. Everything is "a la carte" so side dishes are extra. The warm homemade cornbread was tasty. My daughter ordered the Ceviche and she said it was excellent.

The only mishap we had was with our waiter. He floated by he did not seem interested in the table he was taking care of, totally forgot our drinks which the lady that brought our food to the table was nice enough to bring the drinks for us. When we finished eating I was not about to leave without letting our waiter know he forgot our drinks, his response was a not very honest sounding "I'm sorry" and that was it.

I guess when I return, AND I shall return, the food is good, I will not leave without letting the Manager know if I encounter any issues.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The minute you walk thru the door the deliciousness hits you and thats when you realize you're about to be well fed. Its a charming space. Whisk doesn't have a huge lunch menu and I understand why; every menu item (appetizers, salads, sandwiches) is done right. All the components are top notch. Beautifully marinated pork, perfectly fried chicken, beautifully baked bread, amazing sauces, fresh greens and veggies; I could go on and on! Did I mention they have Mason jars of awesomeness for you to drink out of. Wish we had more places like this in Miami.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Wonderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Not easy to find but we'll worth the search . Located on out of the way street behind the ACE hardware they specialize in gourmet southern comfort with local flare. Place is small and a bit of a wait is probable. They do take reservations. We went for lunch without reservation and were a party of 2 and waited 20 min. Larger paties were waiting 45 min or more.
Food is fresh and local ingredients are the standard . We had brussel sprouts followed by Shrimp and grits and the roast beef sandwhich for our main courses. all the food surrounding us looked wonderful . The dinners looked hearty and the salads were fresh and large .All around great food and good service, definitely worth a try.
This would be a 5 but for the parking. There are 14 spaces on site.we parked around the block at a metered spot.