“Old is new again” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 57 restaurants in South Miami
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
“Old is new again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I've been going to Old Lisbon on Coral Way for years. It started when I moved to Miami and my best friend who is of Portuguese descend came to visit. He loved the food and so did I. When that restaurant a few blocks from my house, closed for renovations I was hesitant to try their new one in South Miami. A local friend finally convinced me and we had a lunch date. The new set up, like the old one, is small and cozy. Street parking, as in all of South Miami, is a problem, but there is a municipal parking garage less than a block away and metered parking in the back of the restaurant.
The menu is pretty similar to what I was used to, most of the "bacalhau" (cod fish) staples are there, but I also noticed they added a few beef and chicken dishes. We tried the Pasteis de Bacalhau (codfish croquettes) and they were very tasty though a little bit chewy. The Paelha à Marinheira (seafood paella) was simply spectacular, cooked to perfection and enough for 3 people (though the 2 of us made a very good dent on it). For dessert the Pudim Português com Vinho do Porto (the Portuguese version of flan) was very good and my friend loved the Delicia de Fátima (a custard and cream traditional dish) though I have never liked it, but that is a personal taste.
The service was confident, non-intrusive but friendly and very courteous. Prices are moderate and they have several lunch specials. I would highly recommend this place, especially if you like seafood.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
Miami Beach, Florida
“Best octopus in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Wherever I go I'm always looking for the best octopus in town and this time I found it in Old Lisbon at Sunset.

The grilled sardins are excelent, service and wine list as well.

This is a place to go back...

Ottawa, Canada
“Fabulous Grilled Sardines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

While its not everyone's idea of fine seafood a perfectly grilled Portuguese sardine makes for one of the best dining experiences anywhere. Plump and charred on the outside and at a very reasonable price to boot. Also had an excellent sopa marinheira (seafood soup) slightly spicy broth with a good selection of properly cooked seafood. Topped off with good desserts and coffee on a pleasant sidewalk dining area.

• Visited February 2013
“real bacalhau”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

this is an authentic portuguese restaurant with the best bacalhau that you can eat. simply delicious. it is worth a trip to this off the tourist route location.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Dont miss this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were walking around the Sunset area and chanced upon this restaurant. Admittedly, we had passed by a few times before but never really ventured in, but this time, I was curious to see what this Portuguese restaurant had to offer. And boy, what an experience. The steak was perfectly rare-medium, the snapper grilled to perfection, the seafood soup superb. And the service was friendly, warm and welcoming. I am definitely going back!

• Visited November 2012