“Excellent Fish Friendly Service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Lisbon - Sunset is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 70 Restaurants in South Miami
Cuisines: European, Portuguese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Wilton Manors, Florida
“Excellent Fish Friendly Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We enjoyed the service and the freshness of the fish we had last night. We were a large party and was handled like we were family. Raves about the Bass, and the mixed fish- We started with the seafood misto and octupus salad which were both excellent

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars

Ft. Lauderdale
“One To Skip”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Sad but true..steer clear of this restaurant. At first its appealing because the original restaurant has been around for years, although I have never been there. This is a new location for them that was part of the attraction. We were a party of four and not one person left this restaurant wanting to repeat the experience. The cod fish was awful. The veal was full of fat and chewy. And dessert... some sort of flan was nothing to write home about and you could probably buy a better tasting one at Publix a Florida Supermarket Chain.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Miami, Florida
“Portugal in Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

A group of us went to Old Lisbon to try something a little different.

The restaurant was very full; a good sign. I ate the chorizo as an appetizer which was very good but very different than the Spanish Chorizo. A nice surprise, very mild flavor.

My main course was a cod dish which was very tasty but could have been prepared with more care. My only complaint was that it had lots of bones. I think the chef/cook should have taken the time to remove the bones because it was shredded cod mixed with other ingredients. If it's a fillet, you expect to find a few bones, but I think the fish should be very clean for a casserole type dish. Otherwise, it was good and I would go back.

Miami
“Average restaurant, very good service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

I tried three different dishes, Shrimp as appetizer, nothing out of the ordinary. Tried the Sausage, very good, a little bit pricey for what is is, a little bit hard texture.

For main course we had the seafood rice for two. Very similar to the paella but with more sauce and juices. I think is was good but nothing out of the ordinary, too much clams on it, $60 dish with only 3 small shrimps? I don't think is reasonable. Bottom line, nice place, not fancy, great service but food is just average.

Miami, Florida
“Good food, you may not have everyday.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

Nice restaurant with a nice atmosphere. The fish dishes were very good and fresh. The fish sauces were unusual and made for a nice change. If you like cod fish, this is the place for you. Prepared in many different ways it's a nice way to experience Portuguese cooking. I thought the cod fish croquets were a bit dry, but it maybe because I'm used to the Cuban "croquetas de bacalao" which are more moist and in my opinion, better flavor. Dishes are not cheap, but it was a nice lunch and something different.