“Feel good time” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas
Activities: Dig (archeology), Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Over 4,000 primates run free throughout this reserve.
Litchfield Beach, South Carolina, United States
“Feel good time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I am such an animal lover so this place cracked me up, I loved feeding the monkeys and seeing them interacting not only with other monkeys but with the people. The tour is so worth it! It's truly amazing what u learn from taking the tour.

Red Bank, Tennessee, United States
17 attraction reviews
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We were only in Miami for a day and a half, and the thing I wanted to do most was Monkey Jungle. My husband wasn't so sure, because it was a 45 minute drive from our hotel, but we both agreed it was worth the drive and the rental car! It was nice to see a place where you weren't moping over how depressed or sickly the animals look. It was really exciting to be able to get so close to the monkeys, unless they were fighting over raisins. I bought 6 boxes, but we probably only needed 4 at most between the two of us. I had to get really generous near the end because we had so many left over! The orangutan and gorilla shows were funny and informative. The staff really seems to care about them. Monkey Jungle is definitely on my list to take my future kids to one day!

Visited May 2014
Miami, Florida, United States
“Rainforest Tour with Carlos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I've been to Monkey jungle once before today and took the regular tour. I really enjoyed it and found the presentations to be entertaining and informative. Today I went specifically to do the Rainforest Tour. And WOW. Just WOW. I'm still numb and tingly all over. They walk you through the rainforest and give you a bit of history. When you get to the open part they give you food and the squirrel monkeys start jumping all over you. It was an amazing experience. Carlos the tour guide was amazing. If you can do the tour with him please do! It was my boyfriends birthday and Carlos totally went all out. He sat him in the middle and lured the monkeys to start climbing on him so he was surrounded by monkeys. It was just AMAZING. Seriously, why are you still reading this? Head over to Monkey Jungle and see Carlos for the Rainforest Tour

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I would recommend this for any family. We enjoyed feeding and seeing the monkeys up close. Definitely a lot of interactions for family. For a zoo, the prices for food and snacks was very reasonable. I highly recommend.

Milford, Delaware
12 attraction reviews
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have a love hate affair with zoos. As an animal lover, I hate to see animals in cages. I also understand that good zoos can provide valuable information about animals and good conservation practices. So, what kind of place was Monkey Jungle? Well, since I opted for the "extra" package, I will have to say it was an amazing experience that I would do again!
The facility is on what I would call the outskirts of Miami. The parking lot was free. I visited on a weekday in the summer- it was not crowded. The admission with the monkey ( or rainforest package ) was about $90.00 for one adult. I did have time to see a little bit of the place before my excursion. It is not a large place- but there are plenty of monkeys- hanging out in the pool and climbing on the trees that are all around. You can buy a little box of raisins and feed them through tubes, or as I discovered, right through the mesh. They also have some reptiles on display.
Now, for the extra- I met my guide and we went through some safety precautions. ( Be careful where you walk as the ground is uneven, do not try to pet the monkeys, they will come to you) After that talk, we went into another gated area. I had a place to store my purse. I have to say I was lucky- I was the only tourist to show up that day for this. It was a private tour. My guide was more than willing to take pictures and videos- so glad she did! It is somewhat difficult to convey in words this experience- as soon as the little squirrel monkeys hear the rattle of the seeds- they come flying out! It is like you are a mobile tree! They are sooooo CUTE! they snatch the seeds, and climb, and squeak, and argue- you cannot help but laugh at the joy and antics of these little monkeys!!! And the babies! perched on mama's back- so cool! As all of this was taking place, my guide did keep talking about the monkeys- and their habitat- but I admit I was focused on the monkeys, not the lesson! There were also Capuchin monkeys- bigger and dominant. Later, we met a Howler monkey who gave me a kiss. All in all, it took about 45 minutes to an hour- what a great time! I will say, if you love animals this is for you- if you or the kids are so so about animals or uncomfortable about monkeys plopping on your head- not for you! In 45 minutes I was a little scratched and I was bitten by a fire ant or two. It was worth it though and I would do it again. I did stick around to listen to the presentations on their gorilla and orangutan which were informative, but the squirrel monkeys were the highlight of the day!