“Almost Great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wekiva Falls RV Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sorrento
Wekiva Falls RV Resort
You added Wekiva Falls RV Resort to your Saves list
30700 Wekiva River Rd, Sorrento, FL 32776 (Formerly Wekiva Falls KOA)   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Almost Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Warm reception on arrival. We were escorted to our site, and were given a complete orientation. Site was large - we were tent camping on an RV site so we could have electricity and water. There was no picnic table and no grill on our site - which was disappointing. I was also disappointed that we could not have a campfire on the ground- only above ground fires are permitted. All in all the amenities were great - more so for summer than winter. Great place to bring a family.

Room Tip: If tent camping and you want electricity, sites 3 and 4 are great.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
wekivafallskoa, Manager at Wekiva Falls RV Resort, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your review! I apologize we did not meet all of your expectations. Rest assured we are in the process of it though! We have been working since early 2012 to build all of the picnic tables necessary for our park. We currently have about 300 of the 800 needed. We should have communicated with you that we do not have fire pits at the sites too. I apologize this was not reviewed with you as you were making reservations. We have found that if guest know in advance, it helps them plan better for their trip and enhances their experience. I hope you will continue to return in the future. We have a lot of excitement coming up this summer!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had two nights and 4 boys to entertain so camping was on the top of our list! We researched campgrounds within a two hour drive and found the KOA campground at Wekiva Falls! Upon arrival the staff greeted us warmly and informed us of the actvities available at the campsite. We took advantage of it all! ~ The slide at the Spring, the heated pool, the playground, fishing and canoeing! Not to mention, we were able to watch the playoffs on the TV at the Tiki Bar. The bathrooms were kept clean and the hot showers were a blessing! I would recommend this campground to all of my friends! The only thing that you need to know ahead of time is to bring your own "off the ground" firepit. We knew this, so we planned ahead and bought one. (Which we are now enjoying on our back porch) Thanks for an awesome weekend! The boys had a blast!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the Spring so the kids can wade in the water.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! And of course, happy you didn't have to miss a play off game! Thank you for taking the time to experience all we have to offer and letting others know about your stay. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Saint Augustine, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This was a very nice campground, bathrooms were very nice and clean, fun playground for the kids, lots to do. The heated pool was great, kids had a blast on the water slides and in the spring, and good fishing. There was plenty to keep the family busy during the day. Tiki bar had the games on, which made my husband very happy.

We encountered a few problems though. The biggest problem is that there are no campfires allowed.....weird....no campfires...at a CAMPGROUND??? Really? They said that it was listed on the web page, I did not see it when I was booking, or else that would have been a deal breaker. It was cold and we wanted a campfire. You are only allowed to have fires off of the ground (basically you have to bring your own fire pit or have a campfire in a grill.) My kids were very disappointed about this thus, I was very disappointed...and cold.

There are also no picnic tables at the sites that have electricity and water. You have to go to the tables around the spring (which were also equipped with grills, thank goodness). For the price we pay to stay here ($53 per night) there should be a picnic table, power, water and a fire pit provided (or at least available for rent).

The only other issue I encountered was the fire ants. My poor children were eaten alive. They have 20 + bites all over them, and they were painful.

I would go back, because my children had a blast, but these issues are easily fixed by KOA. I have stayed at many KOA campgrounds, but this is the first time I have been disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I apologize that we did not fit your needs all the way. While there sometimes is confusion about fires, we always allow them. Of course unless we are under a burn ban by the county. At this time we do not have fire pits for the individual sites. We try to review this with guest as we are making the reservation. We know it is disappointing to arrive without knowing everything in advance and being able to prepare for your experience. I apologize this was not effectively communicated to you. We franchised the KOA brand name in the beginning of 2012. We have been working to get everything we need including picnic tables at every site. We currently have built 300 of the 800 needed. We appreciate everyone's patience with us while we work as fast as we can to get there! We look forward to seeing you again in the future in order to make a second impression. Our goal is for every guest to leave here ready to recommend us to their friends. We will do the best we can to attain that on your next visit!
Hobe Sound, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We just returned from a 5 night stay. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We had problems with our first site due to the width and trees so we were moved to another site. I had purchased the Living Social deal so we also went canoeing, We only did one day of the 2 day canoe offer since we had cold weather most of our stay but the canoe trip was very peaceful. Saw a lot of turtles! Went to Mt. Dora and we were close to Sanford where we went to the movies to get out of the cold weather. We have already booked for Memorial Day weekend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! I am happy to hear you purchased the LivingSocial deal and that you enjoyed your time with us! Thank you for being patient and allowing us to find you the perfect site for your visit. Sometimes it takes a second look, but as you noticed, we have plenty of options! Looking forward to seeing you Memorial Day Weekend! (It's a good thing you booked already!)
Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

From the moment we checked in until check out things could not have been better! The staff is professional and friendly, the campground is impeccably clean, and the facilities (showers, lagoon, store, tiki bar) are all outstanding. They even have cable connections available at the campsites. Plus, the location is convenient to downtown Orlando, Mt Dora and Sanford. All in all a must visit for all campers! We were even remembered by name when we checked out--not a big deal maybe, but it shows you the level of detail they place on their guests.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review! It was our pleasure to host you and can't wait to do so again in the future! Customer service is always our number one goal. I am so happy to hear you believe we reached it!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We went to St Augustine KOA prior to staying at Wekiva Falls KOA. We had a really bad experience, the place was run down,bathrooms very dirty and the staff seemed like they did not enjoy there job. When we left St. Augustine KOA we headed south to Wekivia Falls. When we arrived the staff was very friendly and helped me choose the best site . A gentleman named Will escorted me to my site and helped me set up. He took the time to tell me all the amenities of the campground. He also told us all the upgrades to the campground and what the entertainment for the night would be.
That night I went to the Tiki Bar and met Laura who really made me feel right at home. She expressed how fun it was to work at this campground and how she enjoyed working with the staff . My wife and I took the kids to the places on the campground where Laura and Will told us to go. Between the natural spring and the beautiful scenery we really enjoyed ourselves. Overall the campground bathrooms were very clean and beat the cleanliness of Fort Wilderness bathrooms. Everything on this campground was really maintained very well. I would definitely recommend this place to all of my friends and will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you so much for your review! We are always excited to hear about "Happy Campers"! I'm glad you took the time to experience what we have to offer. Our employees (and maybe we're biased..) are the best around. We always strive for excellent customer service at our KOA. Can't wait to see you again in the future!
Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We were impressed initially by the friendly, patient and professional staff who greeted us at check-in. The check-in process was fast and everything about the campground was explained in detail (you see - this was our first visit). Will - the gentleman who helped us dock our rig in the dark could not have been more patient and friendly. We were further impressed by everyone else on staff we encountered throughout our stay - they made us feel like they truly appreciated us staying at their facility. We were there 3 nights - 4 days - which seemed to fly by - our entire stay was very quiet and comfortable. We can't address improvements - since this was our first visit, but they do have a very large seems new club house and plenty of shower / restroom facilities - some obviously recently renewed. We hope to return sometime in the near future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
wekivafallskoa, Owner at Wekiva Falls RV Resort, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review! We are so happy you experience what we hope all of our guests experience when they stay with us. We value all of our guests and cannot wait to host you again in the future! Safe travels!

Been to Wekiva Falls RV Resort? Share your experiences!