My family did a kayak trip up the Silver River to the springhead and back in August 2013 and stayed here two nights. We have stayed here in the past to go to Silver Springs attraction and it is loated right outside the entrance to the attraction. Having driven all around Silver Springs on more than one trip, this is easily the best hotel without driving into Ocala. Mind you, Ocala is only minutes away and has more hotels but at $94/night this met my expectations perfectly. My wife is fairly picky about the cleanliness of hotels and this property had nothing to apologize for. It was clean and up-to-date, the bathroom was clean, and the bed linens were fine. The workout room was just some treadmills as I recall, so if you are hoping to work out be advised it does not have the dumbells or universal weight machines often found in chain hotels.
They have a free breakfast room and that always saves us a lot of time and aggravation in the morning even when it is minimal. This one was standard for a Holiday Inn Express, with coffee, danish, bagels, cereal, yogurt, bananas, etc and for "hot" food they have a pancake machine, a tray of sausage links or patties, and a tray of scrambled eggs. The sausage was fine and the scrambled eggs were OK, but a bit institutional. Both were lukewarm, which seems like it would be easy to address if only they would use proper serving trays with the steam chargers. Note that the sign at check-in listing the breakfast items says they serve bacon and omelets but that apparently is only on certain days of the week, which seems a little misleading. No big deal, the breakfast is free, adequate, and standard fare for this type of hotel.
A word about the Silver Springs attraction: we did not go in since we were in town to kayak, but the Florida State Parks system has taken it back over and they have removed the rides and animals to revert it to a more natural appearance. Admission to the park was free while we were there and they still have the glass bottom boats rides for $13, but I can't imagine there is much to do or see there compared to the commercial attraction. I am sorry to see it change, as it was one of the last surviving "old Florida" parks and was extremely well-kept and pleasant place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ocala Silver Springs Holiday Inn Express and Suites is located next to Silver Springs theme park, home of the historic and world-famous Glass Bottom Boats. The hotel is in close proximity to the Silver River State Park, the Ocala National Forest, numerous fresh water springs (Juniper Springs, Alexander Springs, Salt Springs, Silver Springs, Silver Glen Springs, and Rainbow Springs), the horse farms of Ocala and Marion County, the Horse Capital of the World, Wild Waters Water Park (next door), the beautiful Appleton Museum, Downtown Ocala's business district, the Ocala rotary Sportsplex, Shocker Park softball complex, and Big Sun soccer complex. The hotel is just an hour and a half away from world famous Daytona Beach and the Daytona Beach International Speedway. En-route to Daytona, one will pass numerous fishing spots such as Lake George, Lake Kerr, and the St. Johns River. There are numerous hiking, bird watching, and off road venues in the Ocala National Forest. The hotel features 55 queen rooms and 20 suites. Jacuzzi suites with separate walk-in showers are available upon request. Meeting and business service facilities are on site. The hotel also features a heated pool, fitness room, and guest laundry and dry cleaning services. All guests can enjoy free high speed Internet, free local calls, and a breakfast bar featuring the Express brand Cinnamon Roll, in-room coffee, the Simply Smart Bedding Collection, the Simply Smart Showerhead, an over sized work desk and a hot breakfast buffet featuring the Express brand Cinnamon Roll. This hotel is a Florida Certified Green Property and is a 100 percent smoke free facility. Early Check-in and late Check-out are available upon request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Suites Ocala - Silver Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Suites Ocala - Silver Springs Hotel Silver Springs
- Holiday Inn Silver Springs
- Silver Springs Holiday Inn