“Going Downhill” 2 of 5 stars

Activities: Viewing wildlife, Birdwatching, Canoeing, Motor-boating, Walking
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A 5000 acre park in north central Florida.
Huddersfield
“Going Downhill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The place is lovely, unfortunately it appears not to get the visitors it used too & you can tell it lacks investment.
It certainly does not warrant the admission charge.

Visited July 2012

Gosport, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Silver Springs - The weather was the highlight!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

The whole place felt very "tired" to us. 90% of the staff, though very polite and talkative, were averaging around 80yrs old. It just looked like seniors trying to do a day's work! That said, it is NOT intended to be "having a go" at the staff. It's advertised as 'Florida's Oldest Theme Park', and it looked it. The boat trip IS worth while, but 'World of Bears' should drop the "s" from the title, as there was only one......PLUS you had to pay $7.00 parking on top of the entry fee, AND you are NOT aloud to take your own food into the park, as you then have to pay thier prices for food and drinks! (VERY expensive day out for a family)
Summary: We would advise spending your hard-earned cash elsewhere. Sorry, just our opinion
:-(

Visited October 2012
Silver Springs, Florida
“A little Bit of "Old Florida"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is a wonderful place to experience a little of "old Florida". Great for kids too, gets them out in the fresh air, and lets them experience a little "low tech" adventure. Love the Giraffes, and of course the Glass bottom boats who allow you to see what goes on underwater.... HUGE fish, alligators, all natural Florida.

Visited December 2011
Cape Coral, Florida
“Little getaway !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We love everything about it whats not to like !!! The glass bottom boat rides great you can see everything on the bottom an its so clear so many different fish an then there is the animal's to see on the trails just beautiful !!!

Visited June 2012
“Absolutely wonderful day with my children!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I typically do not write reviews but I really wanted to say something. I am here visiting from Michigan with my 3 year old and 1 year old and was looking for things to do. I saw this and thought it sounded fun. But then I read the reviews and thought "no way am I spending that much money to go there!" I counted it out and made other plans. Then those plans fell through so I decided we'd cross our fingers and give it a try. I am SO glad I did!!! We had a fantastic time! We stared with the glass bottom boat and we were all amazed! The springs are absolutely beautiful and my children (and I) loved seeing all the fish. Then we watched a few of the animal shows and my daughter, 3, actually sat through them... She sits through nothing! :) We saw a lot of the animals, gators, caiman, snakes, panthers... and feed the gators! But our favorite were the birds; flamingos, parrots, cranes... You could get so close to them!!! Then the river boat ride...great. I will say the "jeep safari" was not my favorite. I thought it was a little sparce. But it was fine and my kids liked it. The bears and the girrafe were nice, and we LOVED the petting zoo. We were able to touch all of the animals (I read another review that said they couldn't) even the Emu! And the food for everything; fish, giraffe, gators, petting zoo, was really cheap $1-$2. I've paid way more other places! So I didn't hesitate to do it all! I know this is a long review, but we we had such a great time I could talk forever about it. The park is not all new and sparkley and not all of the exhibits are huge, but I think that just adds to the charm. It was not jam packed so I could actually let my children run around a little and enjoy themselves. And everybody, staff and guests, were so nice and friendly. It's seems they run specials a lot to make it a little cheaper and if you are a Florida resident it's half priced, but I paid full price and think it was worth every penny!!! If you want glitz and glam and thrill, this might not be your place. But if you want to enjoy a beautiful, relaxing, fun day with your family you have to go here!