“Can I say WOW!?!?!?” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Siesta Key
Seattle Washington
“Can I say WOW!?!?!?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2009

I don't know what more I could add to the already great reviews about the Siesta Beach Resort and Suites! The location is great within easy access to transportation, the staff and service is exceptional, the rooms are FABULOUS and comfortable... I would most definitely stay here again! Not a trendy or hyped up place, rather a classic Florida resort, that leaves you with a true getaway experience... A true gem!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
coral gables
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

I travel to Sarasota monthly from Coral Gables to meet with clients and I enjoy
staying at Siesta Beach Resort because it is has high speed internet, clean rooms, and I feel safe. It is located across the street from the beach so I enjoy an early morning swim before meetings and a walk along the sand at sunset.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

I travel quite a bit with my kids for getaways around Florida. This one needs to be updated inside and out. The grounds and pool area are very old and shabby, The room had been partially updated, Had a nice tile area around a newer jacuzzi tub. The bathroom was tiled wall and floor with a sink and toilet. The living room furnishings were typical beach theme. By no means fancy. The walls were dirty white. With some fresh paint of a nice color and new furniture the place wouldnt be so bad. Did have granite countertops and a nice lcd tv on the wall. Was in an excellent location to touristy places. To get internet you had to use a tablke outside the office. Overall it was kind of a dreary place but has possibilities if someone wanted to do some work. Prices are high but you are paying for location.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
RFARRY6704
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2009

ess than an hour after entering the room I went to take a shower. The shower rod fell down and hit me in the head. The front office sent a handyman over. The office suggested I fill out an incident report.. I started to then said forget it as I was not hurt. In discussing the incidient I was getting noyed bu the unfriendly atttitudes of the staff. On e staff said that if I wasn't happy that I could go elswhere. I said I will and he mentioned the incidient report. I said I am not goiung to charged and he said correct, Well they charged me $88.79. It is now almost two weeks. The manager does not return myh calls. I have left numerous voice mails. I hope to find out who owns the hotel. I have freinds in the area and plan now to finish the incident report ad see the manager in court.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Goose Creek,South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

We were promised a full sized refrigerator, all rooms have half size, mini-frigerators, few have doors on the freezer areas. We paid for a renevated suite, and were given a non renevated one, and had to complain highly to be reassigned a renevated one to find it was far less than the video and pictures in quality. The desk sign in clerk was sarcastic and rude and told us just to comlain to Orbitz, since that's who we reserved the room with. We also smelled cagarette smoke coming from the air conditioning vents, after being told this is a non smoking motel, which was very annoying. The maid service could not have been better. The furniture was very uncomfortable due to its poor quality, and you could not hear the t.v. when the air conditioner came on, you had to sit with the remote in your hand and keep turning the volume up and down as it came on and off. The price for off season is far too great for a supposedly newly renevated motel that just needs dozed to the ground and rebuilt from scratch. The location could not be beat as easy access to such a beautiful beach, but I guess we got what we asked for renting a room across the alley from a Martini Bar, whose garbage dumpster is just the other side of the fence, and whose drunks share our picnic tables all night long. The door of the garbage dumpster slamming is quite startling when you hear it for the first time during the late night and early morning hours, every night. NEVER AGAIN!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

Me an my husband were looking for an inexpensive 5 night stay in Siesta Key...and I guess we got what we paid for. I read the previous reviews but booked anyway thinking it wouldnt be as bad since the hotel was advertising to be newly renovated. Not so Much....The bathroom was tiny with ants crawling all over. First thing we did was got a can of RAID and Lysol and tried to get it to "living standard" The bed was uncomfortable and we slept in "full gear"...could have not gotten myself to sleep under the covers. The building outside our door was being fumigated with deafdly poison on the 2nd day of our stay...which was really comforting...NOT! We wish the rooms were more updated and cleaner. The location and the friendly staff were great...The walk to the beach is half a block one way and the bars and restaurants are half a block the other way. Maybe if they tear it down and rebuild lll stay there again :)

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
tampa, fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

The only thing good about this motel is the location. ..other than that don't even bother. They were tenting one of the buildings during our stay...not sure if it was for roaches or termites. They describe rooms as a newly renovated and I think it is false advertising. I was told we had an upgraded room because of the mini fridge and jacuzzi tub....the room was terribly outdated. YUCK!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Siesta Beach Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!