“Location. Location location ” 3 of 5 stars

Siesta Beach Resort & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5311 Ocean Blvd., Siesta Key, FL 34242   |
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Siesta Key
Litchfield, Connecticut
“Location. Location location ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We stayed in the separate little bungalow. It was separate from the motel. The kitchenette worked out great for us . being a chef helps. The room was quite, linens clean. Yes looking at some of the other rooms it's not 4 star's. BUT the walk to the beach is basically just across the street. The price was right. After finding out what expidia was charging I called the hotel myself and negotiate a very fair price. I found the staff to be very cooperative. If you are looking for a real nice room and a view for an inexpensive price this is not for you. If you can tolerate a so so room as close to the beach as possible then book this place. Go for the single bungalow if you are just a couple. Always Chefnfly

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights on a last minute trip to Siesta Key. We dove down the beach looking for hotels and this one had the best price and a Great Location. It is right across the street from beach access and walking distance to many places to eat or grab drinks.
The hotel was nice but nothing special, if you are looking for something fancy, this is not for you. It is a older hotel, our room was updated a little but can still tell its a old place. It worked for us because we pretty much only slept in the room and spent the majority of our time outdoors.
we never used the pool area or laundry so I'm not sure how they were.
Service was good, when we first checked in my husband noticed a window in our room wouldn't lock and he called the front desk, they offered to change rooms immediately no problem.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I booked my vacation through Expedia. We stayed 2 nights at the Siesta Beach Resort. Upon arrival, we noticed that the facility is more "motel" than hotel, which we did not expect at the rates we paid.

The lobby is the size of a postage stamp and really run down. I was given 3 room keys and a map to our room. We drove to the back street to park and found the room. All 3 keys failed to work. I returned to the lobby and was given 3 new keys. They worked. Hooray. Upon entering the room, we were very disappointed. It was dark and dingy. The decor is sad and depressing, with furniture that has seen better days. The plaster on the walls was cracked and walls & ceiling were discolored. I did feel good that at least my kids couldn't ruin anything in this room. Sandy old tile was the flooring. The beds were clean and ultimately comfortable for sleeping. The flatscreen TV mounted on the wall worked well. The air conditioning unit did run cold air but with the only temperature options being "on" or "off". We either froze or were gasping for breath. The positives end there.

The kitchen efficiency was pitiful. The tiles were missing, dirty, had a sparse amount of silverware - all mismatched, the countertop was splotched formica. There was a small microwave and a couple of mismatched plates and bowls. There is no way you could actually prepare a meal here other than nuking a frozen dinner. There was a colony of ants on the kitchen counter and in the bathroom.

The bathroom was the most appalling part. It was tiny, tiny, tiny. The tile was circa 1970s with grout to match. The window sill and window were filthy. The faucet was caked with lime and dripped pretty consistently. The water pressure was low and it was just gross to be in there.

My daughter discovered the back of the drapes, which were smeared with brown something???? God, I hope it wasn't feces. But, um, it sure looked like it.

The door to the room was peeling and rotting in places. And once again, upon arriving back to our room after dinner the second night, all 3 keys failed to work and ANOTHER trip to the lobby was in store!

The pool area was nice enough. The hot tub was a bit sketchy and the concrete table we sat at to eat our lunch was rimmed in some kind of greasy, moldy dirt (which is now being laundered out of my daughter's shirt).

The hotel maids were very friendly and did the best with how run down the facility is. We had consistent service from housekeeping.

OK, here is the real deal on the false advertising...1) THIS PLACE not a "resort" in even the most generous use of the word, 2) THIS PLACE does NOT have a continental breakfast (it isn't even mentioned at check in and I realized at check out that it consists of a single thermos of coffee and four honey bun packages set on a little shelf (yes, honey buns as in something that drops out of a vending machine wrapped in a plastic pouch), and 3) THIS PLACE is not on the beach or even 40 steps from the beach as advertised. There is a public beach access adjacent to the beautiful condominium across the street, sort of diagonal from the lobby rooms, which are really not the main part of the motel. It is a good hike to the beach.

We would NEVER stay here at Siesta Key "Beach Resort" again and would be very hesitant to EVER book with Expedia again since the hotel advertised was misleading in every way.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
corey k, Guest Relations Manager at Siesta Beach Resort & Suites, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
I would like to state that this guest booked their online reservation through Expedia.com. Expedia has their own advertisements for our hotel, so any "misleading" information that the guest thought they encountered was from Expedia, not our actual hotel web site. We NEVER tell people we are "on" the beach or that we have a continental breakfast, because we don't have it! Our hotel is closer than most hotels on Siesta Key to the beach, so if a one or two minute walk is too long for you to get to the beach, we recommend you research accurately and confirm that the hotel you are booking has beach views, and can walk right out for your room to the beach. We serve COMPLIMENTARY coffee and pre-wrapped pastries in the morning. Again the key word is COMPLIMENTARY, you are not paying for these. We do not have the facilities here to provide a full continental breakfast. Siesta Key is an old fashioned key, and there are very few hotels on the key that serve continental breakfast. I personally don't even know one of the top of my head. Please contact Expedia when you have issues like this, and let them know their advertisement is incorrect. If you visit our website, or talk to one of our front desk agents, we will never mislead our guests.

Second, as for our rooms, they are cleaned by our wonderful houskeeping staff on a daily basis. They are always there to correct problems if they exist. Our hotel is in no way dirty, if that was the case we would be out of business! We sell out on a weekly basis and have a great group of return guests that come back on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis. If the "Old Florida" style that we provide our guests is too out of date for you, then again I recommend doing the proper research to make sure you are staying at a place the fits your wants and needs.The kitchens in our Efficiency rooms are called "kitchenettes". They are not "full" kitchens. They are only meant for people who will be using microwaves, toasters, fridge, and coffee pots. They are not meant to prepare full meals. If you would like a room with a full kitchen, please book a one or two bedroom suites.

We appreciate everyone's in put, it helps us detect if a problem exists, and then figure out the proper steps to correct them.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The bathroom was filthy, the room was old, other guests were loud until 3:30 AM both nights. But this is nothing compared to the icing of the nastiness of these people. They just unilaterally charge my credit card $ 50.00 extra and when I called they stated yeah you checked out but your stuff was still in the room. Folks, God as my witness, swear under oath, we and all of our stuff were out of this room 15 minutes early. They cannot describe what was left in the room or how and when it got removed. I know there is video surveillance. We have yet to hear from a manager after repeated calls. Tammy just asks "you calling me a liar: IE - we have your money. Be forewarned.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
corey k, Guest Relations Manager at Siesta Beach Resort & Suites, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
This matter has been resolved. The guest was charged $50 because of a late checkout, which you sign for at the time of registration. After further review of the situation, the guest was returned their $50. We are not liars, if we are in the wrong we will ALWAYS fix the problem. We take pride in our customer service.
ft. lauderdale,Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

We spent Fri-Sunday at this place on 5/16/14. I can tell you first hand, that the pictures do not really show the condition of this facility. The staff was friendly, but the room has seen better days. Besides being musty, kinda dirty, and serious paint issues. The Tiles on the floor are loose, Cracked, Not grouted properly, or at all in some cases. The room had a kitchenette that was to have all needed to cook, and eat in. Well had to buy paper plates, because they supplied 1. Had to buy plastic utensils, because again 1 of each were provided. The outlets in the kitchen did not work, until the breaker was reset by management. The dead bolt on the front door fell off on to the floor.
Siesta Key is a nice place, and they deserve the traffic they receive, however this hotel needs to improve greatly, if they expect the $149.00 per night the get. I would not stay there again, because I feel it is not worth the money! I have stayed in far better suites for way less money. Naples Inn in Naples comes to mind.
We like to travel on weekends during the summer months here in Florida, after the departure of the snowbirds. As I am sure that Siesta Key will be a place to go again, this hotel will not !!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We have stayed here for years and have nothing but positive things to say about this place. The guys at the front desk always do a wonderful job. We usually get one of the suites near the pool which is great for couples and for those with kids. Minutes to the beach, shops, and good restaurants. Best value on Siesta, in my opinion.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Beware if you stay here and decide to check out any earlier than planned , you will NOT be refunded your money. "Manager" Tammy was rude. I was told by two different employees at the front desk that if we checked out early a refund was possible but I would have to go through Expedia since I booked through them. I called Expedia as we were driving away. The lady called the hotel and spoke to Tammy, who she says told her that their contract with Expedia is to not refund any money. The very nice Expedia representative said she tried to convince the hoel to refund it and Tammy said no.

Now, my issue is not necessarily that the money couldn't be refunded, but IF YOU KNOW YOU DO NOT ISSUE REFUNDS, WHY TELL ME TO CALL EXPEDIA TO GET IT???? Just say "we do not do any refunds". I was made to believe calling Expedia would get me the refund instead of just being told "Expedia will not be authorized to give you one". I then called the hotel myself and spoke to Tammy, who had told me HERSELF to all Expedia three minutes before when I checked out. She was rude and no help or incentive was offered to entice me to stay again. Will never return. Horrible customer service.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Siesta Beach Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!