“Functional” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Siesta Key
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Functional”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

The resort is well situated with easy access to beach and the 'town' with its different restaurants etc. Rooms are ok, clean and funtional if a bit run down. Seems a bot overpriced, but believe you pay for the location.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We LOVED our room and location. It is right in town and you walk across the road and you are on the beach! . You have to drive a small bit to the Public Beach to rent chairs and an umbrella. One major problem was VERY LIMITED INTERNET SERVICE .( and we were right by the office) Others said that to us too! They DO NOT supply any beach towels so unless you use a room towel you have to buy a towel for the week. There is NO FREE Breakfast! They give you coffee in a cup and a roll in plastic. Loved the small pool at the resort when you had too much sun at the beach. Loved walking out the door to shop and go to all the Restaurants. Also easy drive to Long Beach Key and St. Armands for shopping. The boat cruise is close in Sarasota and we went to the Mote Aquaruim too. So lots to see and do within 30 min driving time. YES I would stay there again but now I know more details. Have FUN and ENJOY!

Room Tip: They will charge you more for a spa room.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

This is our third time staying here and it is always the same, OUTSTANDING!!!! I recommend. It to anyone that is
looking for quaint cozy and very clean place..... The rooms are always cleans and equipped with everything you need for a long or short stay. The staff is always friendly.

• Stayed January 2014
Macomb, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here during high season and couldn't of been happier. Good room, cozy bed, nice decor, pretty grounds, good pool and hot tub. Laundry facilities, friendly staff. We will come back next year for sure! My only gripe? No mini fridge for our leftovers! I recommend this resort to anyone that wants a good place to stay located within walking distance of everything

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

The property and rooms are clean,the desk staff friendly and professional. The property is lush with tropical foliage which is well maintained.
The check-in was quick and efficient the only issue I experienced was that my room keys did not work. We returned to the office, were promptly issued replacements that worked. Don't put them near a PC or magnets and you'll be fine. Jacuzzi tub, room temp control, kitchen area were all perfect. Aloe plants everywhere, which is perfect Rx for too much sun.

• Stayed March 2014
Duluth, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is the letter I sent to the operating manager of this motel naturally I recieved no response and to be honest why waste my time .Better to warn others, I gave them a chance to respond prior to this review.

Dear Craig Sterlace;

Just a short note to voice my displeasure with the accommodations that we recently rented from your organization;

On the 16th of February we happened to drive thru Siesta Key and decided to check the Internet for a place to stay. Your establishment was listed and the Internet pictorial looked acceptable , so we rented a room for the night. We were given a room (130) at a total rate of approximately $172.00 a night all inclusive.

A little background; I have been in the hospitality business for 35 years and I do realize that given the locality (high tourist)and the type of clients (college students), that use these facilities,during periods such as spring break, the rooms take a beating,and I can accept that fact. However, room 130 has no resemblances to your depiction on the Internet and it had a plugged "kitchen" sink, a coffee maker without a coffee pot, a couple of cock roaches in the kitchen area, and sunflower seeds on the living area floor and dirt (food stuffs), not dust in the cabinets above the microwave that had not been cleaned. Should you wish to have a set of pictures to compare to your Internet pictures or pictures of the previously described ares of concern, just ask I have them. When I reported this to the front desk and asked another room , I was told there were no other rooms and the computer doesn't allow any room reductions. So much for empowering your staff to enhance customer service.

My request to you sir is, that you provide the name and address of the Chicago owners, of the property ,to allow me to let them be informed as to possible areas of improvement to better serve their traveling customers. As a fellow facility operator, I feel that this type of feedback is essential to the survival of our tourist driven businesses. Thank you in advance for taking the time to act on this request. I have provided my personal contact information to insure no conflicts of interest arise between our controlling entities.

Room Tip: Go somewhere clean you dont want to see the pictures
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We turned up to this hotel without a reservation on our driving trip down the Gulf Coast, and we paid $99 with a complimentary upgrade to a Jacuzzi suite, which sounds lovely but was just ok. In fairness, the reception guy was friendly and gave me the key to the room to check it out before I paid, and for $99 I thought ‘why not?!’ Basically, it was fine but no more than that. I assumed at first that the ‘Jacuzzi’ part of ‘Jacuzzi Suite’ meant it looked out onto the pool and Jacuzzi area, as the bathroom was tiny, however on closer inspection the bath was a Jacuzzi bath, but not one I would ever use. The whole bathroom was just cramped and really, really dark, and there were bits of the floor and wall tiles missing; I didn’t want to stay in there longer than necessary. It turned out the shower was really nice and warm, but I have to say I thought on the whole the bathroom was just a bit creepy. The room itself was no-frills- it had a bed and fridge and tv and coffee maker and was a decent size. The location is good, at the south end of Siesta Key village- but only a minute or so walk to the bars and restaurants and with access to the less inspiring part of Siesta Beach just across the road. For the money we paid it was suitable for a one night stay, but any longer than that I recommend you carry on down the road and find a hotel closer to the main beach.

Room Tip: Definitely ask to see your room before you pay
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Siesta Beach Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!