“Check your room before you check in” 1 of 5 stars

Siesta Beach Resort & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5311 Ocean Blvd., Siesta Key, FL 34242   |
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Siesta Key
Duluth, Minnesota
“Check your room before you check in”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is the letter I sent to the operating manager of this motel naturally I recieved no response and to be honest why waste my time .Better to warn others, I gave them a chance to respond prior to this review.

Dear Craig Sterlace;

Just a short note to voice my displeasure with the accommodations that we recently rented from your organization;

On the 16th of February we happened to drive thru Siesta Key and decided to check the Internet for a place to stay. Your establishment was listed and the Internet pictorial looked acceptable , so we rented a room for the night. We were given a room (130) at a total rate of approximately $172.00 a night all inclusive.

A little background; I have been in the hospitality business for 35 years and I do realize that given the locality (high tourist)and the type of clients (college students), that use these facilities,during periods such as spring break, the rooms take a beating,and I can accept that fact. However, room 130 has no resemblances to your depiction on the Internet and it had a plugged "kitchen" sink, a coffee maker without a coffee pot, a couple of cock roaches in the kitchen area, and sunflower seeds on the living area floor and dirt (food stuffs), not dust in the cabinets above the microwave that had not been cleaned. Should you wish to have a set of pictures to compare to your Internet pictures or pictures of the previously described ares of concern, just ask I have them. When I reported this to the front desk and asked another room , I was told there were no other rooms and the computer doesn't allow any room reductions. So much for empowering your staff to enhance customer service.

My request to you sir is, that you provide the name and address of the Chicago owners, of the property ,to allow me to let them be informed as to possible areas of improvement to better serve their traveling customers. As a fellow facility operator, I feel that this type of feedback is essential to the survival of our tourist driven businesses. Thank you in advance for taking the time to act on this request. I have provided my personal contact information to insure no conflicts of interest arise between our controlling entities.

Room Tip: Go somewhere clean you dont want to see the pictures
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We turned up to this hotel without a reservation on our driving trip down the Gulf Coast, and we paid $99 with a complimentary upgrade to a Jacuzzi suite, which sounds lovely but was just ok. In fairness, the reception guy was friendly and gave me the key to the room to check it out before I paid, and for $99 I thought ‘why not?!’ Basically, it was fine but no more than that. I assumed at first that the ‘Jacuzzi’ part of ‘Jacuzzi Suite’ meant it looked out onto the pool and Jacuzzi area, as the bathroom was tiny, however on closer inspection the bath was a Jacuzzi bath, but not one I would ever use. The whole bathroom was just cramped and really, really dark, and there were bits of the floor and wall tiles missing; I didn’t want to stay in there longer than necessary. It turned out the shower was really nice and warm, but I have to say I thought on the whole the bathroom was just a bit creepy. The room itself was no-frills- it had a bed and fridge and tv and coffee maker and was a decent size. The location is good, at the south end of Siesta Key village- but only a minute or so walk to the bars and restaurants and with access to the less inspiring part of Siesta Beach just across the road. For the money we paid it was suitable for a one night stay, but any longer than that I recommend you carry on down the road and find a hotel closer to the main beach.

Room Tip: Definitely ask to see your room before you pay
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

We had a room very close to the lobby. (103) we however could not get wifi in our room. We were told we would have to stand in the very small lobby to get wifi. I guess this wouldn't be a deal breaker if that's not a necessity for you. The location however is great. If you're not planning on spending lots of time in your room. The rooms are dated. The "old school" TV was blurry. The pool however is verrrrry warm and clean. We've stayed in nicer hotel that have cost way less. The room rates are very high for what little you get. I guess you're paying for the great location.

• Stayed February 2014
Brick, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

nice location you can walk to beach and most places to eat or drink or take free ride long happy hours most bars. rooms are being redone ish kitchinett no stove !!flat screen tv first room i was given was not redone would not have stayed went to office gave me a better room why not the first time another couple did the same pool heated clean outside gas grills probably have not worked in looks like a few years coupled with no stove means waisted money/food thanks!!!!!staff very nice clean rooms do not know why they call this place a resort has a pool and hot tub thats all rooms are redone but not well location location location is the only reason i would stay again

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

If this were based on location only I would have given a better review. The location is great for walking anywhere. However, the newly remodeled room with spa tub had gunk flowing from the jets and there were little tiny bugs all over. I am assuming they are tiny ants but I am not positive. The door also has a gap in it so there is no keeping them out. I'm sure some are in our baggage now.
If you want location- stay here. Just be sure to bring bug spray.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This Summer I went to Siesta Beach Resort and Suites with my wife and daughter. The value for service is the highest I've ever seen at any resort. The rooms are gorgeous and the beds and amenities excellent. I recommend this hotel to anyone single, dating, or with family who wants excellent service at one of the US's most beautiful locations.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Location, Location , location...nice pool & hot tub...pleasant staff...it ends there! Room was smelly damp, the AC chugged all night, old tv's, wifi was non existing/but free...mattress died years ago and should be changed out, the bathroom was recently re-done with a shower curtain that ran from the shower head to the back wall so it touched you will you showered, I had to adjust the toilet to get it to work, free coffee & danish (the kind from a 7-11 in cellophane wrappers), little tiny ants everywhere, the door had a gap at the bottom so the vermin could enter at will...but, Location, Location , location...nice pool & hot tub...pleasant staff...it still ends there. With some help it could be a great place!

Room Tip: Tough question as we only saw 1 room
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Siesta Beach Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!