“Great location, poor quality” 3 of 5 stars

Siesta Beach Resort & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5311 Ocean Blvd., Siesta Key, FL 34242   |
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Siesta Key
Florida
“Great location, poor quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed 2 nights with my family. The location is great, walking distance to the village with the restaurants & bars & across the road from the beach. The hotel pool was good too. But I have to say the rooms are old & tired. But the sheets were clean & at the beach it's all about location for me.

Room Tip: We had 204 & 205 with an interconnecting door. It was upstairs & no view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night w 2 kids, room was upstairs near pool., awful! Old, dirty, windows blurred w dirt film, filthy carpets and bedding, lampshade missing from a lamp,a view of the alley of bar w trash cans! Beach a close walk away and nice salt water pool tho. Rooms too dirty to stay again. Hopefully some remodeling is in the works because beaches are amazing w gorgeous white sand and restaurants/bars are a lot of fun.

• Stayed November 2012
Tampa, Fl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I arrived with my family on Friday, August 9th to the 'resort'. I would first like to start with the positives... The desk clerks were friendly and very helpful. They answered any questions that I had and were very attentive. Also, the 'resort' is close to everything; shops, restaurants and steps away from the beach. Now - onto the negatives. My room actually was not so good - Upon opening the door, I was greeted with an overwhelming stench of marajuana in my room. My telephone did not work and the sheets did not appear to have been changed ( strange hairs left in the bed). Near the beach I understand that there is sand in the rooms but my socks were so black by the end of the two days that I threw them away. My family members in the room next door were not so lucky. Their room was not tidy, with half used products in the bathroom. The tub was falling apart and the air conditioner worked when it wanted to. The best part was the drunk man that attempted to enter their room in the middle of the night looking for his friends.
Now onto the pool area...
I don't know where to start, only avoid it at all costs...
Once again, you can't beat the location. But I would rather use the free taxi service and stay a little farther than to return here again.
So sad - for the location it should be torn down and started again.

Room Tip: Choose another resort.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Plant City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was very disappointed! I paid $123.00 for room 210. It was a shoebox. I could not believe it did not even have a small refrigerator. The hairdryer did not work at all, but luckily I brought mine as a backup. The samples of hair products in the bathroom were empty, luckily again I brought my own, being a planner. There were guests in Rooms 216 and 209 who apparently were together and evidently heavy partiers because all night until about 5:00 a.m. they yelled and screamed back and forth right outside our room and slammed doors every five minutes. They also were in and out of their shower next door all night periodically and the pipes were very loud, every time they turned on their bathroom light, it shined across the ceiling into our bathroom somehow so evidently the structure needs some work. This was my birthday weekend and I can say it was horrible. We got up at 7:00 a.m., packed and left, checkout was not until 11:00 a.m. so that should explain how bad it was. You get nothing for your money with this room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed here for one night, thinking it would be very convenient to be able to walk to the beach and nearby restaurants. What we did not count on was how dingy and dirty the room would be... The keys to the room did not work properly, the wi-fi did not work at all, the handle on the shower faucet was broken off, and the room smelled horrible. We did not see any cockroaches, but it would not have surprised me if we had seen some. The walls were paper thin; there was a group of very loud guests partying outside a room a few doors down - it was so loud, we had to fall asleep with the tv on in an attempt to drown out the noise. They charged us $100 for this room...what a waste of money. Stay at a nicer place and drive to the beach and e restaurants.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We went down to the beach for the day and decided to stay the night. Most hotels were booked but the front desk clerk at the Siesta Beach Resort when above and beyond to get our number to call if there were any cancels. There was and we were set. The rooms were large and clean. We were within a stone throw to the beach and walked to have dinner. Great find. We can't wait to come back

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Belo Horizonte, MG
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

the room I stay with my family it was very poor as furniture, styling and amenities. let's say it was just back from the 70's
Everything in the room corroborate the idea the room wan not clean, in specific: carpet was really unclean, stain allover and as well some scratches,white curtains where not "white at all" other curtains presented just various stains all over.
we weren't able to let our son sleep on the sofa/rollwaybed, we preferred to let him sleep with us.
Furniture were way out of style. (as I said: they were "in style" during the seventies) pipes in the bathroom were rusty and noisy doors full of scratches, not painted well, .bathtub was with stains, coffee machine was not clean.
Since we never stayed in this hotel before, we booked for one night only but were planning in remaining for several days. unfortunately this wasn't possible. due to hotel room condition we had to run away next morning.
while returning the keys, I decided to do not waist my time explaining anything at the boy at the reception: he was to busy in a phone call.
at our arrival, the boy at the reception was really friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: stay away from room #206!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Siesta Beach Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!