“Kinda gross with awesome location and very luckily parking.” 3 of 5 stars

Siesta Beach Resort & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5311 Ocean Blvd., Siesta Key, FL 34242   |
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Siesta Key
Davis, California
“Kinda gross with awesome location and very luckily parking.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

The location was stellar, he room was kinda awful...rotting molding on the bathroom door...some sort of "dirt" on the shower curtain, holes in the top blanket. The sheets/towels were clean. The first front desk person i spoke to was helpful in making sure my friend could check-in without me since she arrived a day early and the reservation was in my name. The second front desk person I had to deal with was useless. I needed to know if there were car services for transport to the airport and how much it would cost. She didn't know and didn't offer to look it up or to help me find the information. Might I suggest diplomat car service: $28.00 one way.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Palm Bay, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Despite multiple assurances that we would be staying in the same room we had stayed in during a visit the month before (room near the pool), upon check-in for this visit the manager told us that we had been moved to a smaller, street-side room. When we questioned it we were told that the room we wanted was an upgrade to the one we had reserved through Hotels.com, so they had moved us. When we asked why they hadn't called us and given us an oppportunity to pay for the "upgrade" rather than just arbitrarily moving us, the manager decided she didn't want to talk about it anymore, cancelled our reservation and directed us to leave the property! Furthermore, there was an implied message that reservations made through "third party websites", such as Hotels.com were not considered nearly as important as reservations made through their own website. I've travelled extensively in many different countries and have never been treated with the disrespect shown by the staff at this hotel! It was a disgusting display of just how poor customer service can sink when there's a lack of competition. Siesta Key is a great place but with only a few hotels so some clearly don't have to work too hard to stay in business. Do yourself a favor and do like we did...walk down the street and stay at the Tropical Breeze Resort. You'll pay the same price for a better room and receive great service. Maybe the owners of Siesta Beach Resort will wake up and notice!

Room Tip: The management at this property need to learn the importance of customer service...stay somewhere el...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Location is awesome!!!! The rooms need a major renovation. The front desk person was very nice and helpful. Location is awesome!!!!! I wish I read the reviews before I spent the money( I normally do).

• Stayed May 2013
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We went to Siesta Key for Spring Break and everything was booked. I figured it couldnt be as bad as the other reviews said, but YES they were right. Apparently the older rooms seem to be booked when there are no "updated rooms" and they overcharge big time for the dump they call a room! I am not even going to emphasis on the aesthetics because you can be outdated and clean, however this place truly was disgusting! The bathroom had mold on the walls, the bed had a stain that looked like someone had taken a number 2 on it!!! I called the front desk once I saw that and of course no one answered! Luckily we had taken an air matteress and did not have to sleep on it. The next day they had some lame excuse "well you should of called us" I did they didnt answer. The pool is tiny and is down the street on another location. The towels and linens were all stained. The only thing this place has is the location. If you are going to stay here and its not in one of the "updated rooms" bring linens, towels, pillows, sleeping bags, shower shoes, air mattress and lots of lysol because the rooms smell like mold!!!

Room Tip: Dont stay here, its not worth ithe money and the aggravation.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were looking for an extended stay on the island and due to the short notice most hotels were booked. I called and they had availability for Thursday and Friday, but not through the weekend. I decided to hold the reservation for those two nights and figured I would find another hotel for the remainder of the weekend. I ASKED about the cancellation policy to try and figure out when other guests had to cancel by in hopes of extending my stay at the same location rather then moving during my vacation. We had a conversation about this for a while and she placed me on hold for a few minutes while attending something else. Tammi said it was 72hrs and suggested I call everyday to see if anything opened up for Saturday and Sunday. I made the reservation and asked that she email me the confirmation page/number because I was driving. I continued calling around hotels hoping to find one that had availability for the entire stay or at least Saturday. After I found a location that did, I called back to cancel that evening and Matt tells me there's a $50 cancellation policy and deposit of one night stay that was charged. This was new news to me. I checked my email as soon as i got home and sure enough thats what they did. Of course, he cannot assist me and told me to call Tammi in the morning. As others have written in their reviews, she throws at me that she has "worked there for 14 years " and that she trains her staff to explain the reservation and cancellation policy clearly. She says she did explain it to me and I can say otherwise, but she did. I know for a fact she didn't because if she would have, I would have continued to search for another place and taken the risk if their rooms beung booked. It appears she was busy and is recalling her long term memory of what should be done rather than what the actual content of our conversation was. For sure, I will never choose to go there. I haven't even made it in and I'm being called a liar. I know she didnt explain the fee and that is what matters to me. They have my money already and credit card (as is required by hotels to HOLD only a reservation) so there is no fighting it. Her words against mine as she reminds me during my conversation. Id rather loose
the $50 then stay there where customer service is lacking. By the way, I saw all the horrible reviews after I reserved. If I would have seen them prior to, no way would have taken the risk.

Stayed May 2013
Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights. The staff was great, even let me check in early. The room was very clean, and the cleaning crew was very thorough. Everyone was so polite and accommodating. The pool was great - so relaxing!! Beach access was very convenient, as well as GREAT proximity to restaurants, bars and grocery!!! I parked my car when I checked in, and never moved it til I checked out. Perfect!!
LOVE the "old Florida" hotels - this one is a gem!!

Room Tip: You should ask for a room that's been recently updated. :)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We chose this hotel due to the location (near the beach) on the way back home, just to have a look at the famous Siesta key beach with white sand. The hotel is just next to the beach and restaurants street, very convenient. We had a room upstairs, the room was clean; this was a great relief after reading some reviews.
We missed a refrigerator, but it was not a big problem for a short stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Siesta Beach Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!