“Location, location ... Did I say location ?” 5 of 5 stars

You added Siesta Beach Resort & Suites to your Saves list
Siesta Beach Resort & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5311 Ocean Blvd., Siesta Key, FL 34242   |
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Siesta Key
“Location, location ... Did I say location ?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Coming to this resort my husband and I were skeptical based on the reviews. DON'T LISTEN, we came in the end of feburarary, and had a standard room on the second floor, it was newly furnished and had a partial kitchen. We choose this hotel because its location and from recommendations, and everything about this resort we loved . First, the location is prime, you are directly next to siesta keys award winning beach, we could wake up get breakfast at Lola's and pick our bags up on the way to the beach. When we went to happy hour we could walk 100 ft and take a nap at the pool !! Second , the service is so helpful, we needed extra towels, they had them in 2 min , lost our room key, no problems! And hotel itself offers such a cool open vib , the pool is warm and the hot tub is clean. If your looking to wake up and walk to the beach, not have to worry about driving and get a great deal this is the place. It's the best way to experience the village. My husband and I are coming back in April with our 3 year old son, can't wait to take him !!!

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Me and my husband came down to siesta key as a part of our honeymoon. The stay we had at this hotel was awesome ! Our hotel room opened right up to the heated pool and hottub. Our room also had a jetted jacuzzi in the bathroom which was really nice. The best part of this hotel is that it is directly across the street from a private beach entrance, it's so close you can go back and forth all day from the beach. It's also right in the village so we had really close access to all of the bars and restaurants, my favorite bar( daiquiri deck) was directly across the street. We really enjoyed the staff, they were very friendly and informed us on a lot of great things in the area. I would Definitely recommend staying here for a good siesta key experience !

• Stayed February 2013
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This place was such a dump! We were supposed to be in the "remodeled" jacuzzi room - good thing I knew that ahead of time, because at first they put us in a regular room...GROSS, the carpet was disgusting and the bathtub was stained!!! We went back to the office and they gave us keys to the supposed upgraded room. I thought ok, I read decent reviews of the upgraded room, so it can't be so bad for one night, wow was I wrong. I'm not sure where the good reviews were from, but certainly can't be from anyone who either actually stayed there or has any tatste in hotels. The bed was horrible, ancient blankets, the lamp shades and curtains are torn. The only thing somewhat decent was the bathroom and I being very liberal with the word decent.

We had two nights booked and prepaid, big mistake, because when we went to cancel the 2nd night they charged us $25, even though the 2nd night was not for another week. It was well worth it though, not stay here again.

The grounds are nice, the pool is nice and from the outisde the hotel looks nice....but trust me, looks are very deceiving in this case. They're lucky they are in a good location, it's probably the only thing keeping them full....that and kids on spring break.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The resort outside is very nice, BUT the room was so old. The bed sheets are yellow from being so old, and fully stained. We had 2 bed and one bed was all dirty....Water was only warm not hot and there was no soap.
They charge an extra 18.00 for reservation. The pool was nice but the spas was dirty....
I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
College Park, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We loved this affordable find right in the heart of Siesta Key, walkable to the downtown shops and restaurants. We brought our dog, too! Definitely will go back as this is the perfect spot for your beach trip when you just need a place to rest your head at night, sandy feet and all! This no-frills retreat offers plenty of room for the family with dog in tow.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ny State
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My wife, son and Grand Daughter drove to Sarasota for a wedding from Buffalo. After spending time with family at their home I wanted and needed some "vacation" time. I had looked and did not find anything resonable in Siesta Key except Siesta Key Beach Resort & Suites. Most evertything was booked or you had to stay for a week or more at the other places I looked into. I only had two nights. I called and spoke with Tammy. she set us up with 2 nights. When I got there she gave us a choice of a suite with a hot tub or one with out. I let my Grand Daughter and son pick, they wanted the one without the hot tub. It was perfect, with a seperate bed room, a pull out and a large second couch, complete kitchen, dinning area and more.

I have to say upon checking in I over heard a person on the phone in the office looking for their wallet. I heard the room number we had been given the key to. I got to the room and sure enough it was on the TV counter. I took it right back tot he office. Turns out the person must have doubled back to the room after checking out and after the room had been cleaned to dry off and change their cloths, there was a towel near the door too. So that's not the cleaning staff's problem IMO

The pool was open early every day and stayed open late, my 9 year old Grand Daughter was in it a lot. Upon check out we turned in the keys just before 11, but were told we were welcome to use the pool till as late as 3. we stayed till noon.

I can not say enough about Tammy and her help and prioffesionalism. Any little question I had she answered, she ended up giving me a VIP card to use at 10% off for our next visit. I can't wait to use it.

Room Tip: up stairs if you have a family, down stairs if you are up in age
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Lewes, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We recently spent two nights at Siesta Beach Resort and Suites.....our room had a several unique "appointments"....broken lamshade, bare bulb ceiling light that flickered before finally providing no illumination and an air conditioner where the front cover would not stay attahced to the unit. The poolside spa had a closed sign posted by the Sarasoata County Health Department. The maintenance man was always smoking in front of the lobby office whenever I saw him. Great location but too run down and shabby for the price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Siesta Beach Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!