“Great location, but not great resort” 3 of 5 stars

Siesta Beach Resort & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5311 Ocean Blvd., Siesta Key, FL 34242   |
Ranked #12 of 13 hotels in Siesta Key
Palm Harbor
“Great location, but not great resort”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The day before we were to arrive we get a email saying they are redoing the pool. We get there on a Friday night and went up to our first room (yes first room) and the AC was not working. We got moved to another larger room and the key did not work. We went and told them and they gave us another key. It didn't work again, so I went back over there and I guess they were having a problem with all the keys. The guy working the front desk was very rude, because everyone was complaining to him. He was finally able to get us in and did say sorry to me. We went out to dinner and came back to get our correct key and he offered to move us to a more updated room. It was nicer then the other two we looked at. The place is not a nice resort at all. It is very old and it shows. The new one we went in was all tile and I could not even walk around without shoes on, because I can feel the dirt on my feet from the floors not being cleaned. I did try to make the best of it though. On Saturday night we got woken up by the drunks outside sitting at the table right by our door at 2:30. I went out there with one eye open and said to please be quite and they did go in, but still heard people out there for at least another half hour.
Overall pros
close to it all
good pricing
overall cons
needs updating just about all around.
things not working

Room Tip: Ask for the spa room, since that seems to be the more updated one
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

273 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Siesta Key, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

You can walk everywhere from here. Since it use to be a Best Western it still has that kind of generic feel to it... we usually have people that come to visit I stay here and everyone has been happy! I definitely recommend this place if you're only staying a few days.

• Stayed July 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Great resort. I would recommend it to anyone. The staff were very helpful and friendly. They always made sure we were having fun.... Our rooms were cleaned everyday.
The resort was located directly across from the beach with beautiful views.

We were about 5 mins away from the centre of gumbet which was a great location in comparison to other hotels.

I am going back next year as I had such an enjoyable time
Staff were excellent. We found it hard to leave as we had such a good time as a result of their company . The bar staff restraunt along with reception employees each an every one of them made sure our holiday would be one to remember.

• Stayed September 2012
Tampa, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

On arriving to this hotel which we had booked for 2 nights we were given a room that had not been cleaned yet. Bed was not made garbage in the trash can. Went back to office requested a different room but manager said rooms aren't actually guaranteed until 3:00 ok so why did you give me the keys. She did finally give us another room which keys didnot work. Made trips to office 3 times 3 people standing in office not one person offered to come to room to help with entry to our room. We did not stay here we lost our money for 2 nights but that was better than sleeping in this NASTY OUTDATED HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: go to a different hotel do not stay here unless you don't mind sleeping in a nasty outdated hote...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

this was my 1st time staying in siesta. hotel was lovely . food was fab. the staff couldnt do enough for you . rooms cleaned every day. will be returning again in the near future. would recommed this hotel to family and friends

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed this past weekend because of the location to the beach and the triatholon that was taking place. Where do I start? The bathroom was disgusting with poop on the toilet seat and bathroom wall (who does that?!) and the aircondition wall unit didn't cool the room down at all. We told management so they moved us to another dumpy room. I was afraid to sleep in the bed...needless to say I have bites all over me. I would love to have had a blue light to see all the bacteria that was swimming around in that room. Obviously greed is their motivation because they would not refund my $100 after I complained. Lesson learned you definitely get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Here's a tip..check the room out before you pay!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sebring, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Wow, what an experience. My wife and I stayed here because of location near the beach, whereby our Triathlon was being held. In the future, I would rather have stayed 10 miles away then to EVER go back to this place. Where do I start, toilet seat was nasty, A/C could not cool anything, coffee creamer in the room was as hard as Cement Board (at least one year old) & then my wife pulled back the bedding to find 'bed bugs'..Absolutely astonishing that 'health' code was passed on this location, by far the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. Lesson learned: You get what you pay for!

Room Tip: "Drive as fast as you can away from his hell hole"
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Siesta Beach Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!