“what ah fab hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Siesta Key
Cork, Ireland
“what ah fab hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

this was my 1st time staying in siesta. hotel was lovely . food was fab. the staff couldnt do enough for you . rooms cleaned every day. will be returning again in the near future. would recommed this hotel to family and friends

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed this past weekend because of the location to the beach and the triatholon that was taking place. Where do I start? The bathroom was disgusting with poop on the toilet seat and bathroom wall (who does that?!) and the aircondition wall unit didn't cool the room down at all. We told management so they moved us to another dumpy room. I was afraid to sleep in the bed...needless to say I have bites all over me. I would love to have had a blue light to see all the bacteria that was swimming around in that room. Obviously greed is their motivation because they would not refund my $100 after I complained. Lesson learned you definitely get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Here's a tip..check the room out before you pay!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sebring, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Wow, what an experience. My wife and I stayed here because of location near the beach, whereby our Triathlon was being held. In the future, I would rather have stayed 10 miles away then to EVER go back to this place. Where do I start, toilet seat was nasty, A/C could not cool anything, coffee creamer in the room was as hard as Cement Board (at least one year old) & then my wife pulled back the bedding to find 'bed bugs'..Absolutely astonishing that 'health' code was passed on this location, by far the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. Lesson learned: You get what you pay for!

Room Tip: "Drive as fast as you can away from his hell hole"
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Waleska, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

If you make reservations on-line...BEWARE! This place has such a racket going, it's unbelievable. When I made my reservation, I received my confirmation by email as expected. However, I received another confirmation the next morning and initially assumed it was the same confirmation, but I called the number on the confirmation to double check. I had the extremely unpleasant experience of speaking with a female named Tammy who apparently is the night manager. This woman has got to be the worst person to put in charge of anything that involves customer service or anything that would put her in contact with potential customers! She informed me that it was a confirmation for another room & when I told her I only reserved one room for one night..she snidely remarked.."You evidently hit the "submit" button twice, it happens all the time!" I told her that there must've been a glitch in the system because I was sure that I did not hit the submit button twice.., in an even more condescending tone she responded, " So you want me to believe that the system just coincidentally made two reservations in your name at the exact same time for the exact same night..you're not the 1st one to say that to get out of a reservation, I hear it all the time.." I told her that yes I certainly did expect her to believe it..and why shouldn't she believe me if it "happened all the time". Why would I want to reserve two rooms for the same night for 1 person..and If I had hit the "submit" button twice, why didn't I receive both confirmations at the same time instead of one the night I made the reservation and the other one the next day?"...She was not interested in even considering the possibility of an error..but promptly told me that I could cancel and pay the $25 cancellation fee. I didn't cancel and planned on discussing it with the management when I got there..thinking surely face to face would be more workable..When I arrived, I ask the desk attendant (Will or Matt) to speak to the manager or owner and was told neither were available so I told him what had happened and ask him to check my reservation. He searched his computer, and went to another office to check something and came back and told me, "I only find the the one reservation for you." I ask the same guy the next day when I was checking out if he was sure that I was only going to be billed for the one night..he again checked several things and again told me that this was the only reservation in my name. I thanked him for checking and signed my receipt for 1 night and left. I assumed that "Tammy" must've decided to be reasonable under the circumstances & cancelled the duplicate reservation. NOT! She evidently came in the next day and promptly charged my credit card again. Long story short..I disputed the charge and Tammy subsequently submitted false receipts indicating I was a "no show"! They apparently get away with this all of the time from the reviews I've read..too late for me unfortunately. I am still disputing the charges these crooks have charged to my account...They may have a good location, but that is the only positive these people have to offer.. I will never even consider staying with these people and would strongly advise against it to anyone who was considering it. I'm glad some had better experiences than I did..but believe me and the others who had the worst experience with a hotel's customer service that they've ever had..it's a very costly chance you will be taking if you make reservations with this place.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel..any hotel..sleep in your car if you have to..Just don't deal with these peo...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Had a blast here! Walking distance to shops and literally across the street from the beach!! Pool was quite a ways from our room but then our room was closer to the beach side. Place was relaxing, quiet, and clean overall.

• Stayed July 2012
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This hotel is a great location, friendly staff and a good environment to be in. You don't have many hotel options on siesta key, there are mostly condo's and weekly rentals. So if you do get a room at this place, just remember that you are on the beach and lucky to be just steps away. Bust out your wallet and pay for a good jacuzzi room here or request one with tile, they are more recently renovated. Don't be upset if you try to go the cheapest route possible and end up with a bad room, because you get what you pay for. I love coming here every year. All of the local restaurants near by are wonderful, and again you can walk to them all. And just a quick input here to OrlandoPete's review below. The "drinking establishment" that he is speaking of has been open for YEARS, it is nothing new. And they do stop playing music by 10pm (its the law). Not well past midnight. The village bars are open later, but the one next door to the hotel has to stop playing music by 10pm. And if you aren't looking to be around restaurants, bars and live music (which sounds crazy to me that you WOULDN'T want to be around that) then don't stay at this hotel. Try your luck somewhere more quite and more expensive, not RIGHT NEXT to the MAIN COMMERCIAL AREA on Siesta Key. But for now I will continue to stay at this hotel like I have for years.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Carrie C, Front Desk at Siesta Beach Resort & Suites, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Wow! Thank you so much for writing such a thoughtful, accurate and detailed review! We are ecstatic to have provided you with you vacation accommodations. You are 100% correct about the local bar here. They do indeed have to stop the music at 10 pm and are excellent about following the rules. For all of your future stays, please feel free to mention this review and take advantage of your new "VIP" status with us, offering 10% off of all of your future stays! Thank you again for your kind words, and we look forward to your return.
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

After already placing the reservation then later reading reviews, I had my doubts but I had to go anyway. The location is a few steps away from everything you'll need and want for a beach trip. The size of the room was so much larger than I expected. The jacuzzi in the suite was relaxing. The service was wonderful and welcoming. When we got there, we walked in our room and had to call the lobby to make sure we got the right room because when we saw the room it went beyond our expectations as far as size and amenities. Our room was right by the martini bar on the strip and a few short steps from the barbecue area and the pool. The only downsides I discovered was that the decor is outdated. The bed wasn't the most comfy. It had a few parts around the room that could have been cleaned or repaired, but most of that is just minor cosmetics and comes with age. There were some small pieces of trash we found around the room but nothing utterly disgusting. Overall, it will be a great stay if you're wanting to be close to the beach and can handle few minor flaws. I will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Siesta Beach Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!