“my best stay on Siesta Key” 5 of 5 stars

Siesta Beach Resort & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5311 Ocean Blvd., Siesta Key, FL 34242   |
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Siesta Key
Daytona Beach, FL
“my best stay on Siesta Key”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

great place, clean, comfortable bed, hot tub in the suite, competitive pricing, very helpful and friendly reservation and check in/out. I will definately return! It's located in Siesta key Village, so you can walk to everything- no parking hassles.

Room Tip: they will negotiate on the rates and let you see the room first
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This place is very outdated and is in need for a major renovation for the price paid. Thankfully its extremely close to the beach so it kind of makes up for how old the rooms are but not really. Would have rather paid a little more and stayed somewhere with more 'hotel-type' standards. But it was as clean as it could be, had all the necessary items if you wanted to cook. Would not stay here nor recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Gainesville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Decided to extend or stay in Siesta one extra night so popped in Siesta Key Resort because it is directly across the street from our favorite beach access point, #7. We paid only $10 more than I was quoted for the Best Western Midtown which is not on the key $89. It's a basic hotel, clean and comfortable, a/c is cold, older but well maintained. Our neighbors had kids and we could hear them banging around a bit but we didn't spend much time in the room. It is short walk to Siesta Key Village where many of the restaurants and bars are. I recommend visiting the other side of the key where Turtle Beach is for other excellent restaurants as well that are less crowded. The pool closed at 11pm which was a bummer, I hate that pools close at all, I like to swim whenever I like! On the downside, wifi is not very good, even in the "hot spots" which are near the pool and at Reception which was an issue for my hubby who is the IT guy and checks in daily with the office. However, just in front of the hotel was a nice new coffee shop/bar/eatery that had excellent wifi and was down to earth so all in all would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I would ask for first floor rooms with pool view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Weeki Wachee, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We popped in at Tropical Beach Resort on Friday of the Grand Prix Speedboat Races, but they were booked and referred us to Siesta Beach Resort. We got there about 10 pm. Matt checked us in. He was very helpful and accommodating. There were only 2 rooms left and Matt let us look at both to make our decison. $99 a night which I thought was reasonable for the area. Room 135 is a very, very, very tiny room. We chose Room 120 which was across the street from the office and near the pool. OK, the room wasn't anywhere near resort-like, plush, well-decorated, etc. But it was clean and bug-free. Slight odor, but I've come to accept a level of that in hot, humid Florida. Some of the floor tiles were loose, the wall had a couple of rips in it. I did not notice any mold. Sheets were a little thin, pillows were fluffy but very limp, and the AC was a loud, steady hum. TV worked, but picture was a little distorted--everything looked longer and skinnier. My first thought was, "I know they definitely have to be planning on renovating this place soon." And apparently from reading the other reviews, they are. Furniture was not modern--60'-70's white/pink rattan, but it was nice that there were dishes, silverware, glassware, a toaster, fridge, coffeemaker and microwave. And dishwashing liquid. The shower/tub was dark due to the heavy vinyl shower curtain liner. But it was clean and the water pressure and temperature was good. Towels were clean; there were 4 sets in the room. The wi-fi was free, but we couldn't connect. Our room was cleaned around noon; seemed a little late, but that was fine for us.

We actually ended up staying an extra night because we loved Siesta Key. It turned out to be a better location for us than our originally planned hotel. The beach access is less than a block away. The restaurants, bars, shops, etc are all right out the door. Once we parked the car Friday night, we didn't move it until we left on Sunday. And right outside each door are lawn chairs and a small table. And yes, they're a little dated, too. Nice if you want to chat up your neighbors or passersby. Or for hanging wet towels and clothing. I'd keep an eye on them, though. There is a washing machine and dryer on the grounds outside. Although they did not provide a breakfast, they did have some packaged sweet rolls--which were very good, and coffee (make it a little bit stronger, guys). That was a nice touch because they didn't have to do it at all. The other gentlemen who were at the front desk on Sat and Sun mornings were also very helpful and friendly. Unfortunately I didn't get their names.

Would I stay here again? Well...maybe. Pre-renovation, it is a bare bones place. Good for a beach weekend, a bar weekend. For bringing kids, for roughing it--nothing fancy. Right now, this place is not for everybody. Maybe post-renovation it will be.

Room Tip: Rooms across the street from office on the FRONT row of rooms, are next to a bar with live music...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Walnutport, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

This was the single worst hotel room I ever stayed in. The room door was hanging on by 2 out of 3 hinges, ceiling fan wobbled so badly I was afriad to sleep under it, air conditioner was louder than most, bathroom was tiny, room overall needs updating badly.

Since we knew we would be arriving late, I wanted to call and make sure they knew. I was told the front desk was not open late, and that our room key could be found under the front stairs under a salad bowl that could be found in the middle of a coiled up hose - sure enough - we arrived a little after midnight and the office was dark. I have to wonder what people would do if they had a problem in the middle of the night?

First thing in the morning we went to the office and told them we would not be staying for the rest of the time we reserved. The lady at the desk didn't even ask why we were leaving or if they could do something to make us happy. My impression is that this happens frequently.

We wound up a few miles down the road at Bentley's in Osprey, and wound up paying $30 less per night because of a 'last minute booking' reservation. Bentley's was a much more clean, modern hotel, with more pleasant personnel (and a MUCH better free breakfast).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Altamonte Springs, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

This may turn out to be a wonderful trip because of Siesta Key itself, but I will never stay in this hotel again. We booked our stay via Expedia, which stipulated that there was a cancellation policy of 72 hours. The plan was to meet friends coming in from Miami and we come in from Orlando. Unfortunately, one of our Miami friends became seriously ill a few hours after the 72 hour window closed. I called Expedia to check on cancelling. They were very nice, called Siesta Beach Resort & Suites to see. The hotel refused. I then called the hotel to speak to Tammy, the manager. While she was professionally courteous, she was not particularly friendly and would not even consider the notion of allowing us to cancel without a $235 penalty. Tammy explained the policies between the hotel and Expedia using terms like "we never allow" and "will not." I was surprised that nearly every sentence she used contained negative connotations and made zero effort to move the customer toward some kind of mutually satisfactory resolution. In the course of the conversation I said that Expedia was willing to refund our money if the hotel is willing. To which Tammy replied "we are not willing to do that." Wow. I have never encountered such awful customer service in my life. I travel quite often for work and find the overwhelming majority of hotel staff to be extremely helpful and customer oriented. Not this place. I was trying to find any kind of resolution that we could, but Tammy had no interest in my experience whatsoever. We are going to go ahead with our stay because the room is paid for. However I am dreading the experience thanks to the sour taste that management has put in my mouth. Do yourself a favour and stay anywhere else on the Key that you can. These people do not deserve your money. I have never viewed a weekend at the beach with such a negative outlook, all thanks to Siesta Beach Resort & Villas.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel. This place is only interested in getting your credit card swiped. Once they...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

Well first off we were shown a room that had not been renovated, I wouldn't even let my dog stay there! Then we saw a renovated suite (one king bed, Jacuzzi tub, mini kitchen). It was nice enough for the price we were told which was $99. So we decided to take it and buy my 7 year old son an air mattress. At this point the only complaint I had was we could smell weed coming from the back of the martini bar (we were room 107). Then we had to extend our stay by a week and figured we'd stay here because of the price. We checked our account and everything looked in order. Then our nice souvenir towels got stolen probably by some drunk kids, so that didn't make us feel too safe. Then at check out the real issue starts. My card had already been run before I could look at the total. We were charged $180 a night! I wanted to talk to a manager or owner but they were "100% unreachable." I am putting a claim against the charge. I refuse to pay that much for a room that had mold in the bath room and weed across the alley. Also, be sure to fill out the price on your reservation card BEFORE you sign. That's how they got us. Matt (guy at the desk) said he'd fill out the $99. Wrong! So now it looks like we knew it would be the higher price. If we don't get refunded, we will take them to court. This place should be shut down.

The other problem is, we own several hotels and the temp that checked us out thought he knew more than we do.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Siesta Beach Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!