Our family travels to Sarasota at least once a year. We normally stay in our parents' home, but with four teens we opted for Turtle Beach Resort. We felt like we were not even in Sarasota. The need to leave the resort was only for the grocery and bait. We kayaked, fished, beached, cooked out, and generally chilled, all at the resort. The opportunities to see wildlife are abundant. We saw a manatee cruising by the dock, a raccoon paddling from mangrove to mangrove, turtle nests, and a pair of Osprey feeding their chicks. We all had a great experience.
The villas size-wise are really best for couples or small families; however, there was so much to do outside, the size didn't really matter because we were only inside long enough to sleep. We loved the quaintness and "old Florida" feel to the property. Hanging out in the private hot tub wasn't too shabby either.
All in all, I would recommend this destination if your family is more interested in being outside than staying in a luxury unit. I would definitely come back, but next time, without the four teens! It is quite a romantic spot for couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turtle Beach Resort and Inn: Siesta Key & Sarasota Beach Hotels & Resort. Turtle Beach Resort Hotel & Marina is known as the most romantic beach resort hotel on Siesta Key, a beautiful barrier island located in Sarasota. We are an ideal place to vacation for you and your family. So, if you are looking for a beach hotel in Sarasota or a beach resort in Siesta Key, then our hotel accommodations and resort with the private hot tubs, hammocks, and boat docks will surely satisfy your expectations. Nestled at the south end of Siesta Key, Florida is an Olde Florida Style Resort where you will discover a romantic getaway for you and that special someone or a quiet vacation with family and pets. This boutique resort will offer you fishing off our private docks, boating, canoeing, kayaking, private hammocks and relaxation in your own private hot tub. Each waterfront cottage will offer you a private patio with your own private hot tub and hammock, and beautiful views of Little Sarasota Bay. As you're sipping your coffee on your private patio watching the sun rise over the bay, you might catch a glimpse of dolphins rolling by, pelicans and bald eagles fishing for breakfast, or a pod of manatees lazily swimming by. So, whether you are looking for an ideal family vacation, a romantic honeymoon destination or a pet friendly resort hotel, then Turtle Beach Resort is your place! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Turtle Beach Resort Siesta Key reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach Resort Siesta Key Hotel Siesta Key
- Turtle Beach Resort Siesta Key Florida