“Beautiful and peaceful” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 13 hotels in Siesta Key
north carolina
“Beautiful and peaceful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I had a great visit to the Inn at Turtle Bay. The folks there made us feel like family. The privacy and peacefulness of the Turtle Bay are priceless. The room was clean and had all the basics. Hot tub was great. The outside area was great for relaxing in the sun and eating outside. The pool is small but serves its purpose, as a nice little cool off. Bikes, canoes and kayak were available. The fishing equipment and beach equipment were in bad shape and need to be replaced but that was really our only issue. The Turtle Beach is beautiful and really private and you are only 2 miles from the awesome Siesta Key Beach.

Room Tip: If you want daily maid service, security guards and a bunch of rules, this is not the place for you...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

229 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
St. Albert
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with the Resort itself. I had visions of somewhat decrepit buildings judging by some of the comments and pictures. This is not an inexpensive place to stay but for my husband and myself, being on the water is priceless. That being said, I was nervous about what it would be like regardless. It was much nicer than I expected! We stayed in the Montego Bay right on the water and it was quite nice. VERY CLEAN!!! I was worried about that. The only negative I could put on that would be the paint in the bathroom was not a professional job. However, if you are comparing the Ritz to Turtle Beach as far as accommodations, you can't. The value is strictly in the location for this resort. You can get much nicer accommodations for the money you pay per night but to be able to sit and watch the sun rise and moon glisten over the water while sitting on your deck......priceless! Not to mention, you have kayaks and canoes at your finger tips without extra charge. I would definitely stay there again without a doubt.

Room Tip: Montego Bay is right on the water. Loved the location.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Turtlebeachresort, Manager at Turtle Beach Resort Siesta Key, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your review and feedback. We are glad to hear you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us! We also appreciate the feedback you provided and the opportunity it provides us to improve our product and services. Since your departure, we have repainted the Montego Bay bathroom. We hope to see you again soon at Turtle Beach Resort!
somewhere in Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My family and I went down to Sarasota for my doctoral graduation (an 8 and a half hour drive) a few weeks ago and a friend recommended that we stay at the Turtle Beach Resort. My family has not stopped thanking me for the best trip of their lives and its been three weeks since we were there. This was the most relaxing weekend of my life. There are two beautiful beaches very near-by - one within walking distance and one just a five minute drive away. The staff was awesome - friendly, responsive, and super helpful. When I read other reviews before I made my reservation I was skeptical when I saw several reviews who said that they were reluctant to tell others just how amazing this resort is for fear that it would be 'discovered' by so many others that it became hard to book. Now I find myself feeling the same way. This is a hidden treasure. I am currently planning an extended return trip and I cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms but you may want to ask if your cottage is beach side or bay side. They also...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We reserved the whole resort for family and friends to have a weekend getaway, for a destination wedding in Siesta Key. Tropical storm Andrea blew through with a direct hit the day before we were to arrive. When we arrived on Friday, Turtle Beach Resort was immaculate -- they had cleaned all evidence of the storm, and it was as if it had never happened there. Matthew was on duty in the office; he was very hospitable and smoothly facilitated each person's arrival as well as a couple of special requests that we had. Several of our friends asked, "How did you find this place? It's wonderful." When we arrived, one gate was not closing correctly, so we asked for maintenance to adjust it -- they were there, fixing it before I even got back to my cottage! I really cannot say enough good things about this resort. Private hot tubs and hammocks, bikes, pleasant pool, covered deck, kayaks, fishing gear, grill, ... we used it all. It has a beautiful bay view, very relaxed atmosphere, away from the "beachy" traffic yet easy to get to Siesta Key's beautiful white beaches. A couple of relaxing restaurants are walking distance; full kitchen and plenty of room to eat at "home" if you prefer. Bottom line: Our group of 35 people had three generations there Friday-Sunday, and I heard not one complaint about the resort.

Room Tip: If you want absolute privacy, I recommend Rainforest.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

After going to a crappy place that we found online, we left the hotel and came upon the cottages at siesta key. They were so kind that we were able to view them before deciding to stay. My Anniversary turned out wonderful thanks to Turtle Beach Resort Cottages. I could not have been happier and will definitely be back for a girls night. See you soon!

• Stayed June 2013
Dahlonega, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Had the opportunity to stay at the cottages for my best friend's wedding. It was exactly what she had in mind, perfectly whimsical and full of plenty of toys for adventures (kayaks, canoes, and bicycles). Will always remember the moments we created here and what a beautiful back drop the destination was! Also, the staff was extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for two nights and wish it was for longer. Everything was great, it was super quiet and real chill. The bed was ridiculously comfortable. This inn was recommended by a friend and I'm glad she told me about it. So, I will definitely spread the word.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Turtle Beach Resort Siesta Key? Share your experiences!