“So Happy I Picked Sea Spray for my stay!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
$189 (USD)
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Siesta Key
stanberry
“So Happy I Picked Sea Spray for my stay!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Myself and my son and daughter ages 13 and 15, stayed four days at Sea Spray! Bob was such a nice, sincere man! He gave us a full tour of all ammenities upon arriving. They had carts with wheels that held umbrellas and chairs to take to beach, beach towels were provided. There were bbq grills, a wonderful outdoor pool on the grounds, places to wash off sand from beach before entering your room, washers and dryers, and your own little porch area outside front door with a table to sit and relax ! It waw the ideal location with a trail literally right across the street to the beach and siesta key village was three blocks away with a grocery store, pharmacy, restraunts, ice cream shops, a rental place for renting bikes, segways, and a handful of other fun items to rent, also lots of souveneir shops. I wanted a easy convenint vacation for a single mom with two children and this hit this spot! I didnt rent a car for our stay because get nervous in busy places, however johnnys free ride was all we needed, they only work for tips and will take you anywhere in the keys!! I will definatly stay here again !!! Oh, I also left a ring in my room when I came homeand I called bob, he found my ring and mailed it to me, I was so grateful ! Thank you Bob:)

• Stayed August 2014
MangoBayManagement, Manager at Sea Spray Resort on Siesta Key, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Thank you for your excellent review. Your kind words have me embarrassed. I like to give a tour of the grounds so everyone knows everything they have access to at not charge. I admit showing the hose locations to wash the sand off helps the guest as well as us. It helps us maintain the cleanliness of the units as well as keeping sand out of the pool and its plumbing and filters. As you pointed out the "village" has lots of things to do. It is big enough to have variety but not so big as to make it uncomfortable. Thanks again for your comments. We hope you can come back again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Newport, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

My wife and I stayed for four nights and had a wonderful time. Right from the start Bob provided us with a tour of the grounds and showed us all the amenities. Our room was clean and comfortable (great A/C). The beach essentials (carts, umbrellas and chairs) were a great help for spending the day at the beach. We took advantage of the pool which was kept at a comfortable temperature and was not crowded. The location is convenient to restaurants and shops. It is also close to downtown Sarasota for shopping. The next time that we visit Siesta Key, we’ll be sure to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your excellent review. It is always rewarding to get such an excellent review from a Senior Contributor at TripAdvisor. After having contributing many reviews, it is nice to know we measure up. We of course want all of our guest to have the positive experience you have had. Thanks again for your great review.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We spent the weekend here and it lived up to all of our expectations. Right from the start Bob made us feel welcome and provided us with a tour of the grounds and showed us all the amenities. We stayed in room 203 "The Egret" which was exceptionally clean, nicely furnished and had an extremely comfortable king size bed. The unit was adequately stocked with all the essentials except instead of a stove there was a hot plate which we only used for our morning coffee as we didn't plan on doing any cooking during our stay. The carts with umbrellas and chairs worked out great for us as we had brought a large cooler with wheels so it made it easy for the two of us to bring everything we needed for our day at the beach. The weather was boiling hot and our A/C worked like a charm made the room almost frigid! The pool and the grills looked nice but we didn't utilize them. Location was Close enough to town to walk or use the free shuttle service that works on tips. My only minor complaint would be that the wifi was a little spotty at times other than that a great stay and would definitely return on trip back to Siesta Key.

Room Tip: Room 203 The Egret very comfortable King size bed and a great A/C unit
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your excellent review. Every time a TripAdvisor Senior Contributor gives us an excellent review we get a feeling of accomplishment. As a Senior Contributor that means you have experienced many other hotels. To know you feel we are up there with the best is very rewarding. We want everyone to have the same feeling as you did. Sorry about the internet. I had to unplug and replug in one of the range extenders. That happens once in a while. So happy you enjoyed your stay. Hope you will come back and stay with us again.
Missouri City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I came to Florida for the first time ever, The Sea Spray Resort is a very very nice place to go. I definately reccomend it, i feel like i am at home instead of at some place in Florida, the rooms are very very homely. We didn't rent a car, but there is a thing called "Jonny's free ride" They give free rides all throught Siesta Key, Turtle Beach, The Marina, almost anywhere you need to go with no charge. They accept tips which we do/ did. But other than that it's really cheap to get around and all you have to do is give them a call and they come in 15 minutes to pick you up! I definately would come back to the Sea Spray Resort again! Thanks so much Bob!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your excellent review. You review included some of my favorite words," I definately would come back to the Sea Spray Resort again!". Yes the free beach rides are great. I recommend Johnny's Original Free Rides. They are fully insured and registered legally. I hope you can come back and see us soon.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

My family and I stayed at the resort for 3 days and had a fantastic time. The manager Joe couldn't have been more welcoming and accomadating. His advice and local knowledge was immense and made our stay truly great. The suite was lovely and clean and we'll stocked. The next time we plan a return visit to Siesta Key I will be on the phone to Joe first. Strongly recommend.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
MangoBayManagement, Manager at Sea Spray Resort on Siesta Key, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you for your excellent review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for strongly recommending us.
Columbus, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

My wife, 11 month old and I stayed her for 3 nights at the beginning of August and would highly recommend! The units are clean, newly furnished with updated appliances and have everything you need. Ours came with a private patio which we definitely enjoyed. The pool area is very nice and we felt like we had it to ourselves more time than not. The beach access is right across the street and because it's not a public beach access there are a lot less people on the beach compared to other areas. Can't say enough about the beach itself, it definitely deserves all the praise it gets; white, powdery soft sand that doesn't get too hot. And great sunsets every night! Overall, the stay was perfect, Bob was a great host and we will definitely be returning.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your excellent review. You touched on two excellent points. The lack of crowds at our beach access and beautiful sunsets over the water. Thank you for the personal positive comment as well. Your host, Bob.
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

My family (wife, 2 kids aged 8 and 3) stayed here at the end of July for 2 nights.
We were VERY happy with the accommodation. It was very clean and well cared for.
It is a perfect location for both the beach (white power sand) and the village (decent selection of bars / restaurants and shops)
We were greeted by Bob when we arrived and given a tour of the facility.
The free carts with folding chairs, sun umbrella , and beach toys for the kids was perfect.
We only wish we could have stayed for longer - we would give it a 100% recommendation
and hope to return in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your excellent review. As you mentioned, we supply a few amenities you need for the beach. At no charge we provide carts with folding chairs, oversized beach towels, umbrellas and beach toys for the kids. Thank you for your 100% recommendation.

Been to Sea Spray Resort on Siesta Key? Share your experiences!