“Great location and wonderful property!” 5 of 5 stars

Sea Spray Resort on Siesta Key
574 Canal Road, Siesta Key, FL 34242   |
Ranked #3 of 13 hotels in Siesta Key
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great location and wonderful property!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We love coming to Siesta Key annually and this hotel offers the best location. We literally can park our car and never have to use it again. The beach is right accross the street and the Village a short walk away. The rooms are nicely appointed and most importantly clean. Management of the hotel is always helpful and assures your stay is everything you could hope for. I highly recommend this property to anyone staying on Siesta Key. The value, the location, the service can't be beat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SEASPRAYRESORT, Guest Relations at Sea Spray Resort on Siesta Key, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
It is our goal to provide super clean rooms, outstanding service and value. I think we hit the mark! Our location is perfect for those who love the beach, but who also enjoy being able to enjoy all Siesta Village offers without having to worry about driving or finding a parking place. See you next year!

312 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We visited Sea Spray on the 1st weekend of November. The weather was wonderful, the property manager Bob was extremely helpful and the location was great. Very short walk to the beach and the restaraunt/shoppes area. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2012
November is a wonderful month to visit Sea Spray on Siesta Key. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us…sounds like we’ll see you again! Our favorite compliment!
Oswego, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Our stay at this resort was Awesome! There is plenty of room for a group to gather and enjoy being together.From cooking Breakfast on the gas grills,while the kids swam,to night gatherings around this well lite patio area.The beach is just a short walk.
All three rooms we stayed in are modern,spacious,and clean.
Having pool/Beach toys,chairs,and Umbrellas was a plus for us.
Pam our host went out of her way to make sure we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
SEASPRAYRESORT, Guest Relations at Sea Spray Resort on Siesta Key, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Sea Spray. We are always thrilled to have a wedding party stay with us. It is a special time for our guests and we love contributing to the wonderful memories you have of your wedding events. We are glad to know that both the kids and adults enjoyed all we have to offer. Best wishes to the bride and groom! Come see us for your anniversary!
barnsley, england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We have just enjoyed a fabulous 2 week break on Siesta Key and wanted to feed back about Sea Spray Resort. Firstly, I have to agree with other reviews that Josh is a major asset to the management and goes out of his way to help in any way he can. I hope they are paying him enough! We arrived just as Tropical Storm Isaac was hitting the island but it didn't spoil our trip in any way. We booked the upper floor unit 201 called Seagull, 1 bedroom and kitchenette. This unit is roomy and airy but it needs some refurbishment in my opinion. We were not expecting an oven but we did expect a bit more worktop space for food preparation. There is only the drainer area to the side of the sink to prepare food and this was very cramped. I don't think this would bother you if you were only staying for a few days but for a fortnight's stay it all felt a bit basic. Fortunately, there are numerous good restaurants close by. The pool area was great but I bet this could be manic and noisy at busy times. The gardens are very pleasant and are well looked after We were fortunate that the complex was more or less empty apart from us.
We found it a bit odd that during our stay we had to ask for clean towels and bedding rather than these being supplied automatically. We were also responsible for cleaning the place during our 2 week stay - again, a bit unusual. Laundry facilities are provided but you have to supply your own detergent - no problem as there shops in the village.
The aircon worked very effectively, although the unit in the bedroom was somewhat noisy.
The Sea Spray is located perfectly, just across the road from a great stretch of quiet beach and only half a mile walk from the shops and restaurants. However, take a flashlight at night as there are no street lights.
Altogether, the vacation was excellent and was made better by the friendly, polite, and helpful people in Siesta Key

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
SEASPRAYRESORT, Guest Relations at Sea Spray Resort on Siesta Key, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
We are happy to hear that you had a nearly perfect stay for your two weeks at Sea Spray. I am sorry that you chose a room without enough counter space for your needs. We do have other one bedroom units with larger kitchen space and one of those might have been better suited for you. For any stay it’s best to check with our helpful staff to find out if the unit has the type of setup you desire. We are happy to help you choose what would best suit your needs during your stay. We know our property intimately and can be a great help when trying to pick the perfect room. We do provide linens and towels as requested. If you want fresh towels or linens at any time during your stay, just ask. We try to be as green as possible being very concious of our water usage. Also, if a guest wants a touch up of the room, we would be happy to arrange a quick cleaning at their request and at their convenience during their stay. We are here to make sure your stay is the best it can be. Letting us know ahead of time what your expectations are is most helpful and allows us to provide you with everything you want and need during your stay. I hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again and let us make your stay Perfectly Perfect.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Finally they are allowing me to review again. I posted a message worried about a few negative reviews before my last "return trip" the first week of June and trip advisor wouldn't let me review again until after 60 days I think. Anyway, as promised here is our honest review.

My husband and I arrived after Josh ( property manager ) had left for the day and he had left the keys where we could get them. I called him before we arrived as we were caught in a storm and knew we would be getting in late. He was very helpful from our first conversation and throughout the trip. We arrived to a very clean unit, we always stay in 101, love it and it feels now like a second home. I have to tell you we were so worried when we got there after reading the few negative reviews that I inspected everything, from ceiling fan blades to vents and under the bed, I always check headboards and window sills to make sure their aren't any little critters or bedbugs lurking about before we even take the luggage out of the car.We checked everything even the tops of cabinets under the mattress lifted the couch cushions and I have to say everything was perfect, I wiped my finger across to show my husband not even a speck of dust! I am not sure if the unit that was reviewed as unclean possibly they had some not so clean guests who left a bigger mess and perhaps the cleaning crew didn't get in the room yet? I have said it in my review before but I think it should definitely be a priority to the management team that they personally inspect each unit before the guests arrive - this may be an incentive to them to be sure they are on top of things. I was thankful for our unit. The grounds were also very clean, pool was warm and clean. The grills were not as clean as they could have been but my guess is it the guests were actively using them during the week and that was why. I love this place, it's pet friendly, we took our little pup and she made friends with some of the other friendly guests. Everything was exactly what we had hoped for, we were even impressed with JOSH who I referred to as the new guy. If we ran out of paper products or needed anything he was right there to offer a hand. He was sweet and knowledgeable and always smiling.
The person who reviewed about the cockroach probably had a palmetto bug, these things are nasty and HUGE they sneak in with you if you don't open and close the doors fast. This is Florida people, they have lizards and snakes and gators, and unfortunately Palmetto BUGS! I had one enter our unit the first time we were there, I saw in lingering around the area outside out back door and tried to keep an eyes out for him and shut that door fast but sometimes you just can't help if it sneaks in. Thank GOD my husband doesn't get squeamish over stuff like that and he quickly got rid of it. The only thing that we had a problem with while in our unit was the sliding doors on our bedroom closet kept coming of the track, this wasn't a big deal and decided to tell Josh before we left about it rather than have some one come in each time it fell off the track. Also on Josh's day off there seemed to be unusually high activity and a messy pool area, it seems like the cleaning lady brought her kids and friends to hang by the pool and we had no place to sit nor did we want to try because towels were thrown every which way on chairs and grounds. It was back to normal when Josh was back.

The beach was just the right amount of waves and perfect temp. Some days it felt like we had the beach to ourselves. We went out almost every night into town or down the road to Crescent Beach side for some fun at Captain Curt's and the adjacent Tiki bar,.( just passed Stickney Point Rd) Everything is just a short drive away, the beach is a short walk across the street, its worth it rather than parking at the public beach and walking through parking lot - I am sure its the same distance. I would also recommend driving to Lido Beach and checking out St Armand's Circle for some shopping and nice restaurants. We actually had originally booked 7 nights but were not ready to say goodbye when it was time to leave so we booked in an additional night. I could never get enough of this place, Siesta Key is magical - the sand is healing, this island is relaxing the people are friendly.If you are looking for a laid back vacation this is it, if you need more excitement I would recommend Orlando and then just drive to SK for the weekend. But we love it, coming in from NYC we started 2 years ago and have now stopped our other vacations just to visit here twice a year. Our goal is to some day move to Sarasota or the area and spend weekends at the beach, until then we will continue to enjoy our time in Siesta Key at the Sea Spray. We are actually going to check out their site to see if they have any fall specials as we have the last week of September off and would love to come back again.. is it too soon?? Nahh I think not! Have fun people !! I know we will.

OOh I almost forgot, Josh knew we were planning on checking out in the early AM and would probably miss us so he left us a note on our door thanking us for out stay and wishing us a safe trip home. These little things really make The Sea Spray Resort worth while. Josh is great. He definitely makes Sea Spray even better - Bob did a great service to us by adding him to the team.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
SEASPRAYRESORT, Guest Relations at Sea Spray Resort on Siesta Key, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to write such a thorough review! We agree with you 100%, Bob did us all a great service by adding JOSH to our team! He is a ‘keeper’! Sorry to hear that you had some issues with the pool area. We will make sure to monitor this more closely.
We are ready anytime you are regarding your third visit! Having guests want to stay and extra day and come back as soon as possible say so much about Sea Spray’s appeal. Thank you again! See you on soon!
Jacksonville FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed at the Sea Spray for a week in late June 2012 with my 15 yr old daughter and her best friend. Our units were clean and comfortable, well appointed and plenty of TVs for everyone. The grounds are beautiful and the buildings are well maintained. The beach is a very short walk away and the pool is clean and inviting. Josh was very helpful with anything we asked for and also knowledgeable of the area. The only draw back was the slightly rainy weather toward the end of the week, but overall it was a wonderful & relaxing place to stay and convenient to restaurants, grocery store, etc. Will stay at the Sea Spray again soon! Thank you!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
You didn’t miss a thing in your review of your stay. Thank you for the compliments. We are happy to know that you found only one deficiency…the weather. We do try, but Mother Nature sometimes gets the better of us. It sounds like you and the teens had a nice week. It strikes me that we cater to many different demographics. We have people like yourself who have teens, we have couples, we have families with younger children, as well as seniors who stay with us…and Sea Spray appeals to them all! So glad to know you had a good stay. We look forward to seeing you again!
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed @ the Sea Spray in June and found it to be clean with friendly staff. The location is outstanding - - not quite a block to the beach. Perhaps the best part is that the property is away from any of the high-rise accommodations which meant the beach was not overpopulated. Also close to village (walkable) though we ended up driving.

The chairs, umbrellas and coolers they offer for free are not in the best shape and I will only say that if you decide to stay @ Sea Spray, take care of their things nicely for the next guests! We ended up renting an umbrella from a place nearby because it was like Hades on the beach and the Sea Spray umbrella didn't quite hold up to the breeze.

Overall, great place and we would return in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: I think I would avoid any of the rooms that open up to the pool. Seemed like these would be noisy.